EA Forums - Banner

From freemium to premium...

(Please note: I'm very biased because I love the stonecutters episode.)

BUY EVERYTHING STONECUTTER!

... Except the chest, because you'll get one for free.

Replies

  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    Nothing personal - but you aren't really considered a "premium player" if you have one premium character.

    To answer your question, I think the pyramid was super cool, and it does generate emblems for the event. There are much cooler characters than the alien, however if you like the stonecutters and you want to collect them all then he's a decent buy.
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited June 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Nothing personal - but you aren't really considered a "premium player" if you have one premium character.

    To answer your question, I think the pyramid was super cool, and it does generate emblems for the event. There are much cooler characters than the alien, however if you like the stonecutters and you want to collect them all then he's a decent buy.

    I totally understand that. I'm just saying because now I'm actually spending money on this game instead of trying to earn doughnuts. I do however have more than one premium character.
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    (Please note: I'm very biased because I love the stonecutters episode.)

    BUY EVERYTHING STONECUTTER!

    ... Except the chest, because you'll get one for free.

    Yeah I saw that I'm another thread. I'm with you on loving the Stonecutter episode!
  • jippy6048
    540 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Buy what you love and you won't be disappointed.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Nothing personal - but you aren't really considered a "premium player" if you have one premium character.

    To answer your question, I think the pyramid was super cool, and it does generate emblems for the event. There are much cooler characters than the alien, however if you like the stonecutters and you want to collect them all then he's a decent buy.

    I beg to differ. If you are paying money for donuts and using said donuts in game then you have made the leap from freemium to premium. The threshold doesn't start at x number of items bought, it starts at the confirmation of spending x amount of real currency for the donuts.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited June 2014
    If you really like stonecutters buy some of their stuff before the event ends since they are limited. Then you'll have all the time you want for the other premiums (of which I suggest classic ones like barney, duffman, frink, otto, jasper etc.)
  • bosmanad
    45 posts
    edited June 2014
    To anyone w/ limited donuts or only wanting to get one or two items; get Otto.

    Otto comes w/ the bus, is relatively cheap for character/building combo, and most of his tasks are outdoors w/ fun animation.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    (Please note: I'm very biased because I love the stonecutters episode.)

    BUY EVERYTHING STONECUTTER!

    ... Except the chest, because you'll get one for free.

    This. I still bought a chest tho lol :D
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    (Please note: I'm very biased because I love the stonecutters episode.)

    BUY EVERYTHING STONECUTTER!

    ... Except the chest, because you'll get one for free.

    I've just done exactly that - everything but the chest as that comes free later :)
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Nothing personal - but you aren't really considered a "premium player" if you have one premium character.

    This is ridiculous.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Also, Otto is awesome :-)
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I beg to differ. If you are paying money for donuts and using said donuts in game then you have made the leap from freemium to premium. The threshold doesn't start at x number of items bought, it starts at the confirmation of spending x amount of real currency for the donuts.

    Agree. There should almost be a category like the Premium 1%ers, for those that strive to get most of the limited items, and purchase donuts regularly.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Why does it even matter? Freemium vs premium there doesn't need to be some kind of hierarchy. Geez.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Why does it even matter? Freemium vs premium there doesn't need to be some kind of hierarchy. Geez.

    Well then how do we know who's better than who? :mrgreen:

    The way I see it, you're a premium player if you spend your money on donuts. But in the end, it doesn't matter - play the game you want to play.

    Happy tapping!

    Oh, and I agree with the Otto choice. But buy up limited time items first because they don't come back to often!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Why does it even matter? Freemium vs premium there doesn't need to be some kind of hierarchy. Geez.

    Well then how do we know who's better than who? :mrgreen:

    Oh, crap right! That's a must know!

    [/quote]
    The way I see it, you're a premium player if you spend your money on donuts. But in the end, it doesn't matter - play the game you want to play.

    Happy tapping!

    Oh, and I agree with the Otto choice. But buy up limited time items first because they don't come back to often!

    :thumbup:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    the way i see it is your a premium player if you have bought just one golden scratch card in your time playing the game, as you have spent real money and and that puts you in the club that likes to call itself the dark side :)
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    Why does it even matter? Freemium vs premium there doesn't need to be some kind of hierarchy. Geez.

    Well then how do we know who's better than who? :mrgreen:

    My friends!

    My name is Sylvester McMonkey McBean!

    You say you want stars like the Star-Belly Sneetches?

    My friends, you can have them for three dollars eaches!”
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I say get everything but the chest and the abandoned store. The store is pretty meh and has no animations. The alien and the pyramid are awesome and are must haves.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited June 2014
    Thank you everyone for the input. I purchased the All Seeing Eye and Number 51. Once this event is over I'm going to have tons of remodeling to do. :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.