EA Forums - Banner

Has EA redeemd themselves for you with the new Stonecutters event?

Prev1
Roccaine
457 posts Member
Oh yes.

That shark they jumped at Easter has now been shot and mounted on the wall!!

Replies

• jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I missed so much in Easter I was sad! But they working at just need to give up Somme land they do!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I voted yes! I just hope they get the glitches sorted out quickly to make it a perfect event! :-)
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes! This event is really fun :) I can't stop checking my SF
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    I voted yes, but only to state that i love this event...

as for forgiving EA for Easter?

Well, that's a long time away yet... dey gonna be sweatin' like never before wondering if i'm ever gonna forgive them for the terrible, discusting, horrible, mind drainingly sick and twisted Easter event :twisted: :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:

Well, that's a long time away yet... dey gonna be sweatin' like never before wondering if i'm ever gonna forgive them for the terrible, discusting, horrible, mind drainingly sick and twisted Easter event :twisted: :lol:

It's too soon to ask Dave this question, OP ;)
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

It's too soon to ask Dave this question, OP ;)

Yes, it was, i need to speak with my shrink again... oh the terrible memories of Easter, it's all coming back to me, oh no

giphy.gif
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited June 2014
    They have redeemed themselves in regard to recent events no question. People are still crying out for more land though..
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    KUDOS TO YOU, EA!!!!! You NAILED IT!
    You've outdone yourselves with this update!
    I can appreciate it since my dad was a Mason.
    Keep up the good work!
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Who knows? I'm not sure they can react that quickly, the bulk of this event would probably have been written a few months ago. It took some time (despite the embarrassment) for them to sort out the recent lag issue.

We will never know the number and/or quality of the programmers 'looking after' this game. On balance I think they're doing a fair job, the kinds of people who frequent this forum are going to be the most 'avid', 'critical' and 'impatient' of the fan-base. But also the most likely to have spent considerable 'real cash' too.

What would *really* help IMO would be the occasional humble post here about issues. The 'sticky' about the 'store all' is a good start in that regard.

I know EA has to balance good PR against solving current customer issues, but more official postings in their own official forum can only be a good thing. You can ameliorate a lot of anger by just simply letting us know you have heard us rather than a wall of silence.

'Store all' aside, this event-update is excellent.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Most people are saying:

EA

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Do I think they redeemed themselves in one event? No. The event is great but they have to release at least a few more good events before I say they've redeemed themselves.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I voted for "I don't know." While the event seems like a lot of fun so far, if they don't fix the glitches, crashes, and connection issues to make this game actually playable, then EA stays on the **** list. Considering I only got to visit half my friends yesterday due to constant crashing, I can't store certain items (lamp posts, benches), and the fact that I can't even log in now (a common problem according to another thread), they're off to a rough start.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    yes great idea for a event and good to see they came to their senses and made it the old style event..

• martellsun
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I haven't fully forgiven them for the Easter event, and the other chance based events, but this is 1000% better than any we've had in a long time.
  • Sercease
    18 posts
    edited June 2014
    Redeemed, no. But it is definitely a step in the write direction. Not only is it interesting enough to draw me back in but I'm loving how you have to think with the tasks and mysteries (not difficult, but its neat twist). I don't forgive Easter, and until we get a few events in a row without them pulling that crap again, I will remain bitter. But it's got me playing again after not logging in more than once a day since Easter. And it's the Stonecutters, lets face it, they are awesome.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    "Redeemed" is a big word to use, after the Easter disaster. However, this has the hallmarks of a homerun event so far. Right from the start, it "feels" fun, and starting off with a few cool buildings is awesome too. I'll wait to see how it goes before I say EA redeemed themselves, but this is a huge step in the right direction.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd vote "We're getting there!"

They lost of lot of my (and many others') faith with Easter and it will take more than one good event for me to not feel uneasy.

That said, I'm still cautiously optimistic!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    4/5 Because of emblems on friend visits (I think) I am not getting many visits :( it's at the same rate as off time. Ugh
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We need an "Almost " option!
  • edited June 2014
    Oh Yes,
    Absolutely loving this event.
    I would go so far as to say 'this is my most favourite event' :P
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Amazing event! A throwback to past greats like Christmas and Halloween!
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.