EA Forums - Banner

yep, my name starts with m, almost no friend actions

Prev13456
Get new friends?

Replies

• mimi12810912
    96 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm seeing the same from my neighbors, too.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My name starts with N. Dozens of visits. I have great neighbors.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm all the way over at the Qs. Still get a decent amount of neighbors stopping by, and i know they got a bunch because they're neighbors from "Add me" posts.

I tap all the way through because there's still chance of donuts.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Mine with P.... :mrgreen:

But to answer the question, I don't see any difference versus other events. I get tapped just like always. You might want to clean up the friends that never visit you and replace them, you can easily keep track.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm right after you with N, but I get a lot of tappers. Certainly not everyone on my list, but I'm ok with it. I also go through my whole list. I want the money and XP, but I also want to be a good neighborino.
  • damienbasile
    41 posts
    edited June 2014
    I visit all my friends who have collected emblems so far. I also go solely for the Stonecutters Lodge. If it's not cleared and I can't tap it then I move on. I'm not wasting a tap for 1 emblem when I can get 5. I make sure to clear my Stonecutters Lodge many many many times a day so my neighbors can all get 5 emblems from me. Hopefully everyone else starts thinking like this too so we all can get 5 emblems when we visit a neighbor.

Think about it - would you rather have 3 emblems from tapping on buildings or 15 emblems? I'd rather have 15 emblems from visiting multiple times.
  • MunkeyJunk
    14 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, probably time for some new neighbors. I've kind of found mine at random. Even though I have all land in SF and KL, both set up with premium items, and I visit them all every day...I guess the add me section isn't the best place to find said neighbors.
  • jettsmom98
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I need to apologize to my friends. I haven't done very well this week. There was a death in the extended family and my mother inlaw is in the hospital. I'm trying to keep up but not doing well. After this weekend, I'll get back to tapping on a regular schedule again.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a P. Sometimes I start my friends list at Z and go backwards, but I usually visit all if I can because even if I'm not getting anything, my neighbours will. I haven't really noticed how much I get visited because I play all day, but I guess it's a lot if the notifications on my phone are anything to go by. I'm doing okay for emblems too.

OP, you can add me (plumpony101) and I will try to visit everyday. Sometimes, like yesterday, I can't get to everyone but I do try.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I tap all the way through the lists regardless. everyone should get to be visited.
  • ruralchook40
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm an "R" so had 6 friends visit me yesterday and I've had a total of 3 today and they are my reliable friends who visit daily.

I think I'm going to delete non visiting friends next week if it doesn't pick up. I'm still visiting all my friends cause i want those free donuts they occasionally give out.
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel the pain at 'G'. Yesterday, with so many still waiting on their building, I was was swamped with friend visits. Today only about a quarter as many. I make sure everyone gets 3 clicks a day. It helps them and I *might* get a donut.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I visit all my friends who have collected emblems so far. I also go solely for the Stonecutters Lodge. If it's not cleared and I can't tap it then I move on. I'm not wasting a tap for 1 emblem when I can get 5. I make sure to clear my Stonecutters Lodge many many many times a day so my neighbors can all get 5 emblems from me. Hopefully everyone else starts thinking like this too so we all can get 5 emblems when we visit a neighbor.

Think about it - would you rather have 3 emblems from tapping on buildings or 15 emblems? I'd rather have 15 emblems from visiting multiple times.

You still need to tap ALL that you can. Doing what you are doing is VERY selfish and prevents other players from getting emblems. How would you like it if you had neighbors that thought the same as you? Say you have 15 friends that wanted to only tap the lodge. One got to it, and the others looked at your town and skipped it because it was already taken. Now because of that attitude you have lost out on 210 emblems because when a friend taps a building you get five for each one they tap. What happens if your friends stop visiting you because you won't tap their buildings? The losses far outweigh the rewards. OK, you will earn a MAXIMUM of 300 emblems by using the 60 taps for only the lodge, and if you only get one emblem per tap that's 60, making the total difference 240 emblems. Now with friends tapping your buildings they give you 5 each (if caught in enough time) meaning that you would only need SIXTEEN FRIENDS to tap the allotted 3 buildings to make 240 emblems for you to make up for the single emblems you would have received.

Don't be greedy and only think about yourself.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014

You still need to tap ALL that you can. Doing what you are doing is VERY selfish and prevents other players from getting emblems. How would you like it if you had neighbors that thought the same as you? Say you have 15 friends that wanted to only tap the lodge. One got to it, and the others looked at your town and skipped it because it was already taken. Now because of that attitude you have lost out on 210 emblems because when a friend taps a building you get five for each one they tap. What happens if your friends stop visiting you because you won't tap their buildings? The losses far outweigh the rewards. OK, you will earn a MAXIMUM of 300 emblems by using the 60 taps for only the lodge, and if you only get one emblem per tap that's 60, making the total difference 240 emblems. Now with friends tapping your buildings they give you 5 each (if caught in enough time) meaning that you would only need SIXTEEN FRIENDS to tap the allotted 3 buildings to make 240 emblems for you to make up for the single emblems you would have received.

Dude, chillax. We go back and complete the visits after we get our sixty lodge taps. (Well, I do.)
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2014

I like to help friends. That's why I tap through the list. If they don't it's better then easter where you help all your friends by visiting them
  • dankface13
    176 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I tap all the way through the lists regardless. everyone should get to be visited.

^ This... I do the same thing. I even go back and tap the friends who are currently in the process of updating or haven't yet, after I get all my emblems :) I also never tap the Stonecutter's lodge if I'm not collecting emblems. I try to be nice lol
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2014

I changed my mind. It's not selfish. I'm visiting for the first time and I'm not tapping the stonecutters after I've run out of emblem taps. There are pleanty of stonecutters lodges that haven't been tapped at the letter g even though other buildings have.
    So if they have the time to go through 100 friends twice more power to em.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited June 2014
    You and others have brought up a good point about this. My husband is an "S", so he's struggling a little bit with it too. I'm a "C", so I've been fortunate. I've been tapping through. The first few days I didn't because not everyone was updated, but today I tapped everyone. Most of my neighbors have updated, so now there's incentive for me to finish tapping. For the first two days of the event I only had a couple friends with spy cameras, and I was unsure if I tapped on the ones who didn't have the cameras if they would count towards my 60 taps. So, I didn't do it. Now, everyone has the update and I'm back to tapping all my friends. I still want the money and the random donuts. Plus, it's nice to help people out with their emblems. I normally do my friends at night, when I don't have much to do, so I have the time to go through them all.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    You and others have brought up a good point about this. My husband is an "S", so he's struggling with it too. I'm a "C", so I've been very fortunate. I've been tapping through. The first few days I didn't because not everyone was up to date, but today I tapped everyone.

They only advantages for being early in the list is for you. As I understand it neighbours get the same advantage if they are first in your list or last.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited June 2014
    You and others have brought up a good point about this. My husband is an "S", so he's struggling with it too. I'm a "C", so I've been very fortunate. I've been tapping through. The first few days I didn't because not everyone was up to date, but today I tapped everyone.

They only advantages for being early in the list is for you. As I understand it neighbours get the same advantage if they are first in your list or last.

Yeah, I think I misunderstood it at first. I've edited my post. I guess the issue is people not following through and finishing their friend taps after they collect their 60 emblems or whatever. I have been following through with that, at least once everyone updated. A lot of my friends took a day or two to update, so I didn't really click on them for those couple days. Now I'm back to tapping all my friends. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!