EA Forums - Banner

Neighbors Don't Have Cameras

dclegal138 wrote:
I have 33 out of 100 neighbors who don't have cameras in their towns. The emblem counter under the daily actions shows 0. Yet they're visiting me so I know they're playing. I've also checked when they last played in the friends menu. Anyone know what's going on? Hate to drop them as they're playing but can't get emblems from them.

Also, still getting handshakes from some - not pyramids...

Depends, have you visited them?

1) They may not have caught the app store update, not sure if it was forced to update yet.

2) You get handshakes if they aren't collecting emblems - unless they 'graffiti' your 4 buildings - which does give you emblems (since graffiti is removed)

3) If they have the lodge, it's just matter of time before they start collecting emblems - probably just a late starter.

Replies

• Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    My game loads on the stone cutters headquarters in my town and when I visit friends, I guess it's the same for everyone else. I have several friends that have finished building the headquarters but have zero emblems.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    They might not have finished Homer's task yet. That's needed to start the spying phase.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    They might not have finished Homer's task yet. That's needed to start the spying phase.

That's right. I see Homer in his robes and figure they just haven't finished off that task, which is followed immediately by the order from Number 1 to tap five of your own houses. I'm pretty sure you can go tap cameras immediately after that. You MIGHT need to first start (but not finish) the task of sending a kid for a squishy, before you can tap cameras, but I don't think so.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • dclegal138
    34 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    dclegal138 wrote:
    I have 33 out of 100 neighbors who don't have cameras in their towns. The emblem counter under the daily actions shows 0. Yet they're visiting me so I know they're playing. I've also checked when they last played in the friends menu. Anyone know what's going on? Hate to drop them as they're playing but can't get emblems from them.

Also, still getting handshakes from some - not pyramids...

Depends, have you visited them?

1) They may not have caught the app store update, not sure if it was forced to update yet.

2) You get handshakes if they aren't collecting emblems - unless they 'graffiti' your 4 buildings - which does give you emblems (since graffiti is removed)

3) If they have the lodge, it's just matter of time before they start collecting emblems - probably just a late starter.

Thx. No, I've not been visiting them as when I do, they don't have cameras, just dollars. Some haven't even started lodges, although they are playing. Guess I'll give them the weekend before deleting them.
  • laurapound81
    219 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, just not updated yet. I've just got rid of a few friends who have downloaded the update yet as it has been a few days now. Got quite a few that are still building the lodge so only a matter of time before they're getting going.
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    [/quote]

Thx. No, I've not been visiting them as when I do, they don't have cameras, just dollars. Some haven't even started lodges, although they are playing. Guess I'll give them the weekend before deleting them.[/quote]

I think that's the best thing to do, I totally forgot to update my 2 feeder towns, just started to build
    The lodge, and I have almost all my characters on 24 hour tasks, so I think many people are on the same boat as me.
  • Kiutre
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    A lot of my neighbors haven't updated their game though are still playing. I know because they visit me. I suppose if they haven't looked in on the forums they may not even know there's an update. Perhaps EA could push out an in game notification of the update.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Visit
  • SquidFaery
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Kiutre wrote:
    A lot of my neighbors haven't updated their game though are still playing. I know because they visit me. I suppose if they haven't looked in on the forums they may not even know there's an update. Perhaps EA could push out an in game notification of the update.

That's what happened to me. I had no idea there was an update until i randomly visited the forum the other day. Now i'm trying to catch up after having a really late start. They usually notify of an update, though, so it seems odd that they are not notifying this time.
  • Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Kiutre wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but why is it that every company or organization has to hold people's hands and push out an update these people need to get a clue and figure it out for themselves. I mean really did McDonalds really need to put caution contents are hot on a coffee cup because some * lady put it between her legs. all I can say to that is hello McFly hello.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Kiutre wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but why is it that every company or organization has to hold people's hands and push out an update these people need to get a clue and figure it out for themselves. I mean really did McDonalds really need to put caution contents are hot on a coffee cup because some * lady put it between her legs. all I can say to that is hello McFly hello.

These are two different things, McFly.

To answer your question: McDonald's really did need to put that cautionary label on their coffee once they were successfully sued for $2.86 million. If you were in charge, would you needlessly leave open another chance for an expensive lawsuit when it can be prevented by having the amongst the dumbest warning labels in the history of packaging? You have to protect your shareholders. Blame the terrible civil laws and the indulgence by the courts of excessive, flimsy lawsuits.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Kiutre wrote:

To answer your question: McDonald's really did need to put that cautionary label on their coffee once they were successfully sued for $2.86 million. If you were in charge, would you needlessly leave open another chance for an expensive lawsuit when it can be prevented by having the amongst the dumbest warning labels in the history of packaging? You have to protect your shareholders. Blame the terrible civil laws and the indulgence by the courts of excessive, flimsy lawsuits.
    Sorry, but that woman got second degree burns from that coffee. Anything hot enough to do that should have a warning label on it. (Also, she just wanted her medical bills covered, and the jury awarded her more. McDonald's should have settled instead of telling her they wouldn't pay anything.)
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Kiutre wrote:

Sorry, but that woman got second degree burns from that coffee. Anything hot enough to do that should have a warning label on it. (Also, she just wanted her medical bills covered, and the jury awarded her more. McDonald's should have settled instead of telling her they wouldn't pay anything.)

I won't disagree. It probably should.

Regardless, my point stands: McDonald's needed to put the warnings on the coffee after that incident. Otherwise it was going to be open season for suing McDonald's for scalding hot coffee. Agree?
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The problem is they just cant afford them :mrgreen: You know how expensive security cameras are :shock: ?

Not to mention the monitoring fees :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    my point stands: McDonald's needed to put the warnings on the coffee after that incident. Otherwise it was going to be open season for suing McDonald's for scalding hot coffee. Agree?
    Yeah, I'm sure they would have gotten sued again.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.