EA Forums - Banner

Please don't...

Prev13
i first go only for the lodge but always coming back to tap it all for the donut drop chance...

Replies

• theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The same thing has happened to me this morning, first time. Don't think I like the idea of fellow neighbours tapping only once. I hope they come back later to finish off.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I tap three buildings in all of my friends towns, I can't be bothered tapping one and coming back - that seems MORE of a hassle to me!

Either way you're going to get your 60 actions worth, so you may as well just tap everything for everyone and be a good neighbour! :D

I don't tap in towns that haven't started the event yet though as these still count towards the 60 actions.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I tap three buildings in all of my friends towns, I can't be bothered tapping one and coming back - that seems MORE of a hassle to me!

Either way you're going to get your 60 actions worth, so you may as well just tap everything for everyone and be a good neighbour! :D

I don't tap in towns that haven't started the event yet though as these still count towards the 60 actions.

I do the same as you! :-D
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I undertsand WHY people do it (because the lodge pays out more), but at the end of the day you're going to get all of the prizes from doing the tasks and visiting anyway so those few extra emblems won't make that much of a difference!
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    the reason for only tapping once is that you get 5 emblems for the Stonecutters Lodge as opposed to 1 for anything else. I only tap the Stonecutters Lodge until I have done my 60 then go back and tap the rest in the hope of getting donuts. I do visit everyone each day until I have tapped them all 3 times. I'm up to nearly 7000 emblems already and I haven't spent donuts to rush anything.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited June 2014
    I always tap the lodge only for my first 60, then go back and tap the other 2. That being said, I'm noting who taps once and doesn't return. If it's a regular occurrence, I'll delete. Plenty of people looking for friends.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    They really should change it so the lodge tap only pays 2 emblems, however allow us to get emblems from ALL our neighbors. It would remove this minor irritation completely.

Currently the max payout from visiting others is 300 ..... thats 60 lodge taps at 5 emblems a time.

Change it and the max become 400. 100 lodge taps at 2 emblems each, plus 200 ordinary taps at 1 emblem each.

Not a huge difference in the great schema of things, 300 a day to 400.....however it would encourage visiting all your neighbors every day and reward those who do - anyone who only visits a subset obviously ends up with fewer emblems.

My 2 cents :P
  • saijake
    91 posts
    edited June 2014
    Hi neighbour, I hope you noticed that I visited your town twice today. There was about nine hours between the visits. I have been doing this for a while now. I started this method before the event when I learned that the timer resets from the first action. I usually have little time at lunch to tap every neighbour once. I always do rest of the tapping later that day or the next morning. If there's several hours or even half a day between the visits, it might seem as if I tap only once, but I assure you, I always come back! I hope this method is not too inconvenient for you.
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:
    Please don't just tap me once and move on

Even if you absolutely HAVE to tap only lodges come back and tap 2 other things after your 60 runs out. It's not fair to me I miss out on another 10 possible emblems and when I visit you I always tap 3 things even if your lodge is unavailable

I know some of you come back but it appears I'm not neighbours with you

You can't be serious.

If you want lodge tappers to tap more than once in your town, CLEAR THE LODGE THROUGHOUT THE DAY!

i have several neighbors that i can rely on now for THREE LODGE TAPS PER DAY, because I've figured out they visit so frequently to clear it, just like i do!

Once i get all 60 lodge taps, AKA 300 emblems, i go back and tap all the rest to earn xp, donuts, and cash of course. If your neighbors don't do that, blow them out. I deleted 6 today who hadn't logged in within 24 hours. Tap or die!

But the 60 action limit eliminates the need for 100 neighbors which is beneficial for most new players. Can't have an event that punishes the noobs for being new!

Keep clearing that lodge, check every 30 mins if necessary. Your town will become one of the early resets in someone's list, and then you'll be visited first and more often.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I undertsand WHY people do it (because the lodge pays out more), but at the end of the day you're going to get all of the prizes from doing the tasks and visiting anyway so those few extra emblems won't make that much of a difference!

seeing as I am behind by well over 1,000 emblems I say you're wrong
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, this that was a bit harsh. I clear my Lodge constantly, and also get the one taps. Visiting neighbors is supposed to benefit both sides and not just one. And so you know, but I'm not a noob.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong here. We only have 60 taps to earn emblems every 24 hours. Everyone to themselves, in time of scarcity of resources. That's how the game is designed.

Put yourself in the shoes of your neighbor. He can either tap yours and every towns 3 times and earn 60 emblems... Or he can browse & tap on 60 vacant SC lodges to earn 300 emblems each day! ... If he do it for all 28 days of the event, that's 1680 vs 8400 emblems!

If he login to the game 4 times a day, to complete No.1's tasks, he has 4 chances to browse all his 100 neighbors' towns to look for vacant lodges. But if he tap all his 100 neighbors' towns 3 times during his first login without getting all 60 lodges, he has to wait for another 24 hours even if the lodges are available shortly. So there's no incentive for him to tap your town 3 times in one go.

If u really want ppl to keep visiting your town, suggest u login more often, and clear your SC lodge. Stop cry baby here.

Always remember, just like in real life, there's no forever friends, there's only forever benefits.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    Deverz85 wrote:
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong here. We only have 60 taps to earn emblems every 24 hours. Everyone to themselves, in time of scarcity of resources. That's how the game is designed.

Put yourself in the shoes of your neighbor. He can either tap yours and every towns 3 times and earn 60 emblems... Or he can browse & tap on 60 vacant SC lodges to earn 300 emblems each day! ... If he do it for all 28 days of the event, that's 1680 vs 8400 emblems!

If he login to the game 4 times a day, to complete No.1's tasks, he has 4 chances to browse all his 100 neighbors' towns to look for vacant lodges. But if he tap all his 100 neighbors' towns 3 times during his first login without getting all 60 lodges, he has to wait for another 24 hours even if the lodges are available shortly. So there's no incentive for him to tap your town 3 times in one go.

If u really want ppl to keep visiting your town, suggest u login more often, and clear your SC lodge. Stop cry baby here.

Always remember, just like in real life, there's no forever friends, there's only forever benefits.

Or you could not be selfish and tap the 60 lodges first, and then go back and clear the rest of your actions so your neighbors benefit. Obviously a novel concept.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    Agree with OP, it's really annoying. Still, at least they're visiting... Had a clear out today :twisted:
    May start logging visits for a second clear out at the weekend. I've tried really hard this event :oops:
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I really don't know what I'm doing "right" but I'm already over 25,000 emblems without even trying. I never just tap the lodge either, it's a waste of my time. I just hit everyone up and most of my neighbors are awesome enough to reciprocate so I get tons of emblems that way. There are 3 people that only tap my lodge once though. Tbh I'm making so many emblems that I really don't care BUT just to mess with them I started tapping their KL. Then when they still tapped my lodge once after a few days of that I've stopped tapping their town. I'll be nice again in a few days, but in the meantime their lodge tap just cost them 15 emblems from me. :D:D:D
  • 88young_r
    39 posts
    edited June 2014
    I think the taps are solely for your neighbors. Yea, you get some emblems for yourself but its mainly for your neighbor. And vice versa. I think of it like this, if my neighbors lodge isn't available, I'll tap a few others. My neighbor sees this and pays me a visit in return. If I get to it in time, it's the equivalent of tapping 3 of their lodges. I understand making the most of your taps and have nothing against it. But my concept/strategy works well enough for me. Different taps for different chaps
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    OP,
    If you have skimmers who only tap the lodge just set them to hide in your friends list. That way they'll get and give 5 points per visit in your town but nothing more from you. Then you can unhide them after the event.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    1VolMan wrote:
    Or you could not be selfish and tap the 60 lodges first, and then go back and clear the rest of your actions so your neighbors benefit. Obviously a novel concept.
    That's not selfish, that's human behavior phychology.

As I said, there's no incentive to clear the rest of the towns (other than better chance to earn donuts as stated in the other thread).

Give you an illustration:

Day 1 8am: login to clear No.1's task. Visit towns, earn 15 emblems from tapping 15 vacant lodges.
    Day 1 12nn: login to clear No.1's task. Visit towns, earn 15 emblems from tapping 15 vacant lodges.
    Day 1 4pm: login to clear No.1's task. Visit towns, earn 15 emblems from tapping 15 vacant lodges.
    Day 1 10pm: login to clear No.1's task. Visit towns, earn final 15 emblems from tapping 15 vacant lodges.

If you try to be "unselfish", go back to all your friends' towns at 10pm and tap everyone 3 taps, what happen the next day? (Bear in mind u need to wait for 24 hrs after each tap)

Day 2 8am: Only 15 towns available. What's the chances of getting 15 vacant lodges out of 15 towns?
    Day 2 12nn: Another 15 towns available. What's the chances of getting 15 vacant lodges out of 15 towns?
    .... U do the math for the rest of the day.

Don't blame us for being selfish. Blame the game designer.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    I really don't know what I'm doing "right" but I'm already over 25,000 emblems without even trying. I never just tap the lodge either, it's a waste of my time. I just hit everyone up and most of my neighbors are awesome enough to reciprocate so I get tons of emblems that way. There are 3 people that only tap my lodge once though...
    Lol, I'm amazed that u can still find time to "track" the 3 people among 100 neighbors? :wink:
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited June 2014
    I go through my list and visit lodges first. Then I go back and tap the other buildings so all my friends get three taps a day from me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.