EA Forums - Banner

Worth visiting friends?

Prev13
it's 5 emblems for clicking on the lodges, so it's theoretically possible to get 300 emblems a day. But frankly it's a pain unless you are extremely diligent. Visit them anyway even if it's just for one emblem, they can see you visited them and if they are decent friends they will return the favor to you.

Replies

• 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited June 2014
    You risk your friends deleting you. That's mostly it.

I recently realized I am cleaning out my friend's list more harshly than normal during Stonecutter's event because I am more reliant on friend visits. Normally, a friend with 3 day intervals of inactivity could have slid by Halloween, Christmas, etc. For this event, I have started deleting those individuals.
  • EmceeHammer
    39 posts
    edited June 2014
    any idea how many emblems r needed for the final prize?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    any idea how many emblems r needed for the final prize?

34,000 before the end of the event, you need roughly 1,250 per day. The 240 unearned emblems won't make or break you, not visiting your neighbors probably will since they can see who visited them and may not return the favor if you don't visit them.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Is it even worth it to visit friends for 60 measely emblems a day?

It's not what you can do for yourself, it's what you can do for others in this event.

Look at it like this, if you visit a friend, even if you DO NOT earn emblems during that visit, your friend has an opportunity to earn 15. Now if you stop visiting friends and get deleted, you LOSE that opportunity to earn the 15 emblems that one friend would give you by them visiting your town.

Yes, it can get bothersome especially if you have the max FP, but just know that this event is HEAVILY reliant on friends visiting your town, so if you are that"bad friend" you run the risk of losing a lot of friends because they NEED you to visit. If you lost 10 friends due to you not visiting you will lose 150 emblems PER DAY that can hurt.
  • EmceeHammer
    39 posts
    edited June 2014
    You have to be keeping some sort of tally or spreadsheet to figure out who isn't vising your town daily. Or you could always guess. Either way, my inactivity counter is never past 24 hours, I log on multiple times a day so there's no way they are going to delete from "inactvitiy." You can't say that its "heavily" reliant when you get 30,000 emblems from the #1 daily quests. Among the rest of the quests, robed guys, visiting friends once every few days, or having other friends visiting and checking daily I probably get 20-30 friends at least from my list visit will make almost 150 emblems a day there will be plenty of room.
  • saijake
    91 posts
    edited June 2014
    You know some people actually keep a written log about who visits them and then they will delete those who don't. It's not just about activity on origin account.

I think everyone should visit all their neighbours to help others receive emblems. Besides, there is a chance to get donuts from neighbours towns, so yes, it is worth the time.
  • ruralchook40
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    Like others have said, you risk being deleted if you don't visit your friends, plus it still counts as FP points so you can either collect those or get an occasional free donut. By visiting friends they at least get an extra 15 emblems because you did what any good friend would do "visit your friends"

I've deleted 10 friends from my list today as they haven't visited once during the new event, why because they collected their 60 emblems from people starting at #1-a in their list, I fall at "r" so get missed a lot by selfish or lazy friends. Mind you I started out with about 5 friends visiting a day, now I get an average of 20 per day, not bad when you consider I've got 70 friends in my list.

I'm not a greedy player and don't visit friends and only hit their lodge for the 5 emblems or just get my 60, I visit each friend everyday regardless of an event or not. I might need points etc but so do my friends, especially the new players.

Friends in my list don't get deleted if they are rebuilding, if they haven't visited their town for 3 weeks I just think they are on holidays and wait until the fourth week to see what happens, friends don't need to visit me daily but if they ignore me continuously bye bye
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    You have to be keeping some sort of tally or spreadsheet to figure out who isn't vising your town daily. Or you could always guess. Either way, my inactivity counter is never past 24 hours, I log on multiple times a day so there's no way they are going to delete from "inactvitiy." You can't say that its "heavily" reliant when you get 30,000 emblems from the #1 daily quests. Among the rest of the quests, robed guys, visiting friends once every few days, or having other friends visiting and checking daily I probably get 20-30 friends at least from my list visit will make almost 150 emblems a day there will be plenty of room.

Their names always appear when you clear the handshakes and pyramids, and if you take more than a few seconds there usually are many names that stick out to you.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Like others have said, you risk being deleted if you don't visit your friends, plus it still counts as FP points so you can either collect those or get an occasional free donut. By visiting friends they at least get an extra 15 emblems because you did what any good friend would do "visit your friends"

I've deleted 10 friends from my list today as they haven't visited once during the new event, why because they collected their 60 emblems from people starting at #1-a in their list, I fall at "r" so get missed a lot by selfish or lazy friends. Mind you I started out with about 5 friends visiting a day, now I get an average of 20 per day, not bad when you consider I've got 70 friends in my list.

I'm not a greedy player and don't visit friends and only hit their lodge for the 5 emblems or just get my 60, I visit each friend everyday regardless of an event or not. I might need points etc but so do my friends, especially the new players.

Friends in my list don't get deleted if they are rebuilding, if they haven't visited their town for 3 weeks I just think they are on holidays and wait until the fourth week to see what happens, friends don't need to visit me daily but if they ignore me continuously bye bye

EXACTLY

I visit all 90+ of my friends with their 3 taps EVERYDAY whether there is an event going on or not. It takes me a few minutes, but who cares. They take the time to make a nice town, and put effort into their game, so why shouldn't I reward them by helping them. I have all level 41 players on my list minus a few newer players, level 20 or under, and help them as much as possible. I expect that my neighbors will visit me, and trust me I KNOW who has been and who hasn't been. If I see a player ONLY tapping the lodge, and not any other buildings, THEY WILL GET DELETED.

I have a pretty simple system too. If I go into my town and the lodge is tapped, I take note of who it was. I then tap all my other pyramids and if that name doesn't pop up, I write it down and wait about an hour. If that name hasn't tapped any more buildings, they get a strike. I then make a note over the next few days and see if they are only "Lodge hunting". If they get 3 strikes, THEY ARE DELETED.

Players are failing to understand that this event is based on VISITING friends and GETTING VISITED. It's not about tapping a neighbors town to earn as much as YOU can, but about HELPING your neighbors.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Without friends you would not get to about 1/2 way finished with all the items. You need around 1250 emblems a day to complete the items. With the 400 max from #1's quests, and 100 from the parchment quests, you still need 750 to reach BARE MINIMUM. At max if you only hunt for lodges you can only get 300 emblems meaning that you would still be 450 short. The robed guys are derived from friends visiting your town. The more friends that visit, the more robed guys show up.

• saijake
    91 posts
    edited June 2014

I have a pretty simple system too. If I go into my town and the lodge is tapped, I take note of who it was. I then tap all my other pyramids and if that name doesn't pop up, I write it down and wait about an hour. If that name hasn't tapped any more buildings, they get a strike. I then make a note over the next few days and see if they are only "Lodge hunting". If they get 3 strikes, THEY ARE DELETED.

Wow neighbourino, you are really dedicated. I wish I had the energy to do the same :)
  • abbottcassie
    6 posts
    edited June 2014
    Everytime I'm visiting a friend lately I'm not getting any emblems. Why?!!!!!!
    I'm clicking on the camera things!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2014
    Defo worth visiting all your friends....For the greater good!! :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited June 2014
    Its all about the Karma. I never get any in return personally but i just know someday soon and doing good deeds all these years will finally come round full circle and my Karma Slot Machine will hit the JACKPOT.

Or I'll just die penniless and people will say... oh, gee thats too bad, he was nice. :lol:

Of course I would prefer the jackpot and then the kind words. 8)
  • HappyGamer73
    2403 posts Member
    edited June 2014

I visit all 90+ of my friends with their 3 taps EVERYDAY whether there is an event going on or not. It takes me a few minutes, but who cares. They take the time to make a nice town, and put effort into their game, so why shouldn't I reward them by helping them. I have all level 41 players on my list minus a few newer players, level 20 or under, and help them as much as possible. I expect that my neighbors will visit me, and trust me I KNOW who has been and who hasn't been. If I see a player ONLY tapping the lodge, and not any other buildings, THEY WILL GET DELETED.

Players are failing to understand that this event is based on VISITING friends and GETTING VISITED. It's not about tapping a neighbors town to earn as much as YOU can, but about HELPING your neighbors.

Awesome! I was worried I was the only one doing this! Drives me nuts that people can play a game like this so selfishly when it is intended to be a 'social' game.
  • bort0matic
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care if somebody only clicks my lodge- I figure they don't have time, which is fine. I just check in a lot and clear the lodge, which I'd like all my neighbours to do. Donuts are still the real score for me so I visit everybody. If I get 100 emblems and a donut on my route, good day to me.

But it sure is time consuming to first look for lodges and then come back around for the rest, even though you begin focused on the lodge in each town. I don't know why they settled on 60 actions but I'll still get everything I want.

Just clear them lodges!
  • HappyGamer73
    2403 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Without friends you would not get to about 1/2 way finished with all the items. You need around 1250 emblems a day to complete the items. With the 400 max from #1's quests, and 100 from the parchment quests, you still need 750 to reach BARE MINIMUM. At max if you only hunt for lodges you can only get 300 emblems meaning that you would still be 450 short. The robed guys are derived from friends visiting your town. The more friends that visit, the more robed guys show up.

Actually, you can get up to 1000 per day from #1's quests - 150 + 200 + 250 + 400. Once you get the treasure chest, that will give you another 40 per day (2 X 20). So you can get pretty close without visiting, but where's the fun in that. It's nice just knowing that you're helping out others! (The cash and extra emblems doesn't hurt either)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's worth visiting friends when the game actually works. I'm getting the "Can't Connect to Server" nonsense again, so I've only managed to visit ten friends in the last hour. Not going to keep this up for much longer.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    It's worth visiting friends when the game actually works. I'm getting the "Can't Connect to Server" nonsense again, so I've only managed to visit ten friends in the last hour. Not going to keep this up for much longer.

We're friends. You can skip me. I don't mind. I know the frustration of playing on a device that is a ****.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    My first 60 taps are Lodge only. I run through all of my friends multiple times until I get those Lodge taps in. Sometimes I get to tap the Lodge 3x for the same neighbour. (obviously playing at the same time I am) After tapping 60 Lodges I start again and complete tapping all my friends (ignoring the Lodge, so others can tap it). I usually get my 60 taps late in the evening, so the rest is done the following day.

I don't keep taps on who visits me and what they tap. It's just too much effort.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.