EA Forums - Banner

New Puzzle Tasks

I would love this. Would really make the random tasks more interesting.

Replies

• Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    What we consider easy, others consider impossible. Have you seen how many threads were made about today's costume puzzle? lol. I would like them to be a bit more challenging, but the downside of it would be annoying duplicate threads asking for the answer, because why try to solve something yourself.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think this should be one of Number 1's tasks after the event is over. Ex. Send kwijibo to Frying Dutchman - 12hrs.
  • elmalynn
    253 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Quemical wrote:
    What we consider easy, others consider impossible. Have you seen how many threads were made about today's costume puzzle? lol. I would like them to be a bit more challenging, but the downside of it would be annoying duplicate threads asking for the answer, because why try to solve something yourself.

That's interesting... I have been avoiding threads that I think might be spoilers for the tasks just so I can have the opportunity to figure it out for myself. They are pretty easy, especially if you also look at the graphics for each task. :D
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    + enjoying them too. Would like to see it kept as a feature but I don't know how prizes would work? 10k for 5 in a row? Would be a sensible amount
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    + enjoying them too. Would like to see it kept as a feature but I don't know how prizes would work? 10k for 5 in a row? Would be a sensible amount

That could work
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Quemical wrote:

I'd call it mostly being lazy, not bothering to do a search on the forum, or not paying close enough attention. They all include an item that the person uses or wears, they include a simple phrase that doesn't take more than a few seconds to understand, they all involve one particular task that no other character has.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mpwarner wrote:

Maybe something larger like a premium prize after a certain length of time- two weeks? a month straight?
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Quemical wrote:

I'd call it mostly being lazy, not bothering to do a search on the forum, or not paying close enough attention. They all include an item that the person uses or wears, they include a simple phrase that doesn't take more than a few seconds to understand, they all involve one particular task that no other character has.

I think for max level players they should be obvious. Maybe not so for newer players so I don't judge
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Quemical wrote:

I think for max level players they should be obvious. Maybe not so for newer players so I don't judge

I'll call it like it is. Even if they don't get it, there is still not an excuse for not searching first for an answer, not seeing if anyone else had posted the answer. It happens too often and around the same time of day that it's not being new, it's simply being lazy.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Quemical wrote:

I'll call it like it is. Even if they don't get it, there is still not an excuse for not searching first for an answer, not seeing if anyone else had posted the answer. It happens too often and around the same time of day that it's not being new, it's simply being lazy.

I was being diplomatic.. But you've got a point.

I've been on this forum a while now so I've learnt to block it out
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I approve of adding this as a regular function in the game. 8)
    Quemical wrote:
    Literally anything can be the source of a dozen annoying duplicate threads. If that was an excuse to not have something new in the game, then we might as well not have updates anymore.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Quemical wrote:

I was being diplomatic.. But you've got a point.

I've been on this forum a while now so I've learnt to block it out

My apologies, I have trouble blocking out stuff and despite seeing your posts frequently I haven't learned your style of posting yet 8)
  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I would be all for them replacing the daily bonus with a daily puzzle task ... $100 for completing the first, $250 the second, $500 the third, $1,000 the fourth, then a guaranteed premium item for the fifth (if completed on consecutive days).

Of course, I would like the prizes to be better than the mystery box ... it still baffles me how it can make sense to anyone that the majority of the day 5 mystery box prizes are worth less than the $1,000 players receive on day 4.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I really like this idea.
    It could be similar to the parchment now, although not compulsory to complete it earns you emblems.
    Could work like the FP prizes.

I also agree players posting daft threads for the answer to simple riddles is lazy
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!