EA Forums - Banner

Museum of natural history addition

Yes I noticed and posted something about this the other day. There's a few buildings that suddenly come to life during specific events (the last one was Halloween last year when we could haunt the buildings).

Pimento Grove has a flashing sign, Calmwood has a rope coming out of the window, the Knowledgeum has a double helix spring out of the top, Zesty's has smoke coming out of the chimney, to name but a few.

I made a suggestion a while back that I wish the dev's would implement - when you tap on a building to collect it, it briefly becomes animated, the same way that the characters do when they finish a task. This way, we wouldn't have all these 'dead' buildings sitting idle and not doing anything.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's the animation of the building, revealed by the Stonecutter spy cameras. You don't normally see it, because no character has tasks there.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    kevfd wrote:
    Just noticed theres a banner been added to the museum, pretty sure it wasn't there until last cpl days... ''the history of weapons'' it states... :) Anyone shed any light on this??

The dog with the shifty eyes is right. I must address an issue though....in future posts please include a picture of the animation or item in question. Even if you are a day one tapper with all aspirational items the rule "pics or it didn't happen" certainly applies.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    It's the animation of the building, revealed by the Stonecutter spy cameras. You don't normally see it, because no character has tasks there.

Which is pretty weird for a premium building imo. Might be nice if Ned Flanders had a "Be scared of evolution" task or something like that there.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yes I noticed and posted something about this the other day. There's a few buildings that suddenly come to life during specific events (the last one was Halloween last year when we could haunt the buildings).

Pimento Grove has a flashing sign, Calmwood has a rope coming out of the window, the Knowledgeum has a double helix spring out of the top, Zesty's has smoke coming out of the chimney, to name but a few.

I made a suggestion a while back that I wish the dev's would implement - when you tap on a building to collect it, it briefly becomes animated, the same way that the characters do when they finish a task. This way, we wouldn't have all these 'dead' buildings sitting idle and not doing anything.

Good points. I've seen the knowledgeum helix many times, it just seems to happen randomely... Not noticed any of the others but will certainly keep my eyes open now...
    JimJ321 wrote:
    kevfd wrote:
    Just noticed theres a banner been added to the museum, pretty sure it wasn't there until last cpl days... ''the history of weapons'' it states... :) Anyone shed any light on this??

The dog with the shifty eyes is right. I must address an issue though....in future posts please include a picture of the animation or item in question. Even if you are a day one tapper with all aspirational items the rule "pics or it didn't happen" certainly applies.

You must smoke some quality bud fella!!! :lol: ****??? Dog with shifty eyes?? what RULE?? :roll: The only person I've ever seen on this forum harping on about it is you!!! I've noticed many times you don't include pics on your posts when making claims; which is why I have sarcastically paraphrased you several times in reply. Maybe you should practice what you preach!! :wink:

Tbh fella, I don't need you to believe me and obviously I'm not making it up as other people have also noticed it... 8) if you haven't, then thats not my fault; if it matters so much to you, might I suggest that instead of trolling threads, maybe you should use your time more constructively googling the issue in question instead of expecting everybody else on this forum to bow to your demands... Change the record fella, you've well worn that one out now... Have a nice day!!! :twisted:
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

Which is pretty weird for a premium building imo. Might be nice if Ned Flanders had a "Be scared of evolution" task or something like that there.
    They should make tasks available in some of these buildings, especially the visual delights which are El Chemistri's and BDH's animations... They have tasks in this update, why not make them permanent as has happened before?? Or even just have the animations running occassionally if they don't want to task any characters there?? Its crazy... Why go to the trouble of making the animations if not to display them?? I only bought BDH because of its animation when I saw it in a neighbours SF at Halloween. If I'd known the animation was only temporary, I honestly wouldn't have bothered... In fact, I'm not going to bother buying any more taskless/static premium buildings anymore... :(
  • Ommini
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    If I ever get another task in the BDH this update, I am starting a character that I think is expendable after the first character then collecting the first and leaving the expendable one in there for the rest of time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.