EA Forums - Banner

Meet the new problem.

At least you can get to that screen! Mine crashes at the fox screen

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Well it's better than the "too many players, don't you wish you were one of them?" That message made me want to hurt the game developer that came up with it.
  • b_hiblen
    50 posts
    edited December 2012
    Might be a stupid question but do these outages happen globally or are they national/regional?

I'm in Sydney, Australia and have never had any problems accessing my town or friends and I play about 6 times a day..... UNTIL TODAY!!!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Consider yourself lucky, I go down every single day at almost exactly 1130am EST and stay down for increasingly longer times every day.

They appear to be regional but I'm not sure how since I'm on the East Coast of the US but then there are others elsewhere who are also going down. People are posting that they can't access their game yet another person in the very same room has no problem?

It makes no sense actually and it makes a game that used be a relaxing and enjoyable way to while away some time mindlessly into a frustrating chore.
  • b_hiblen
    50 posts
    edited December 2012
    It does seem very odd.

I've been reading about people's accessing problems for months and never experienced any of them. I even got the free doughnuts for the outages which didn't affect me!
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Well it's better than the "too many players, don't you wish you were one of them? That message made me want to hurt the game developer that came up with it.

That's exactly what I thought when I got this screen..."At least it's not that smug little **** basically saying 'Neener neener neener'". That message made me spew fire.

It's all about the handling. Yes, you're having issues, yes, you're working on them. Make me feel like you care about me as a customer, keep me informed, be apologetic and remorseful. And maybe figure out some way to reward people for putting up with all of this (extend the seasonal update, if nothing else).
  • qisg
    47 posts
    edited December 2012
    You have to imagine that the people working on these problems have all the ability and skills of Homer Simpson. When the system crashes they say Doh! And reach for a donut. After the pressure is put upon them to perform, they whine and say "can't somebody else do it?". As they sit back and snooze they can justify themselves that what they are doing is "research" into the character of the game. Maybe if they just press the red button...
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Lol, qisg! I think you've discovered the source of all our woes! -- Homer Simpson is the one and only worker at EA!
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    b_hiblen wrote:
    It does seem very odd.

I've been reading about people's accessing problems for months and never experienced any of them. I even got the free doughnuts for the outages which didn't affect me!

Are you cruisin' for a bruisin' or what? Your day will come, b_hiblen, mark my words. . .
  • b_hiblen
    50 posts
    edited December 2012
    My day has come....
  • edwardaggie9
    43 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've only received that screen once, and it was yesterday and it was on my iPhone (I normally play on my iPad, but I thought, what the hell, I'll try the iPhone). Only time I've seen it.
  • zgruven
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    Awesome I can finally log on but lost all my friends and no Orgin button to add new friends. Wow , this game is starting to blow. I already lost my level 18 due to Orgin losing my account. And had to start all over again.
  • redshift9
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    zgruven wrote:
    Awesome I can finally log on but lost all my friends and no Orgin button to add new friends. Wow , this game is starting to blow. I already lost my level 18 due to Orgin losing my account. And had to start all over again.

Install another game that uses Origin - I suggest Monopoly Hotels. From Monopoly Hotels, I was able to see that my friends list is still intact, although I couldn't access it from Tapped Out. It briefly returned to Tapped Out, but then disappeared again, and I haven't been able to log in since. So, maddening as this is, at least it isn't a complete loss.
  • userjay321
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    The best caption they had at one time was something like "this is you fault, (the error) not ours"

Like the cheek of it,
  • GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    Have to admit, now I better relate to Homer - I want to choke Bart every time I see that stupid message...

• battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Well on the plus side it shows they know theres a problem. Er...yah. Thats it..
    Is there anyone out there?
  • PandaBear042
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same message here. Love the game hate the recent bugs
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Had this problem since last night!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!