EA Forums - Banner

Hot to complete it all? - Math ahead!!

Prev1
Thanks! Looks like I'm on schedule at 13,000+ on June 11th. Still paranoid enough to make sure I start my daily tasks if I have to wake up and go to the bathroom at 2am...

Replies

• MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I usually end up hitting le can with ipad in tow durring the night for a quick check in.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Fifteen stonecutter skins available, so that's 1500 emblems available to get. Subtract the premium skins from the mix in case you don't have them you end up with 1300 emblems in addition to the ones you can obtain daily from prizes and tasks.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Wo Hoo, I'm already a week ahead. Should finish prizes next week sometime. :D
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This is also a rough guide, and not all-inclusive. I probably forgot some variables, but the chart's good :)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    This is also a rough guide, and not all-inclusive. I probably forgot some variables, but the chart's good :)

Glad someone bothered to post it for the newbies. What stinks is even with a chart people will ask about how to complete it until the end :cry:
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    MissGrafin wrote:

Glad someone bothered to post it for the newbies. What stinks is even with a chart people will ask about how to complete it until the end :cry:

people still ask everyday about the parchment tasks lol
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited June 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    Now, if we look at the non-variable factors:

- Completing Number 1's tasks - 4 a day - you can amass 1000
    - Completing the daily scroll tasks (Which if you miss a day, you can have 2 or more running the next day) 50 tokens..
    - Visiting at least 20 friends - 60 tokens

This gets you to a grand total of = 1100 at bare minimum.
    Most of us are not going to have 20 hours a day (or even be available for 16 hours a day) to attain the 1000 emblems for Number 1's task. 20 hours a day = 4 hours consecutive sleep. Do you realize how crazy that sounds? I'm on summer vacation with nothing to do and even I'm not going to devote this degree of time on the Simpsons. ]

We are normal people with lives!! Why won't EA let us live?!!
  • Sakaane
    102 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm on vacation next week and going camping in the back country. Lousy timing for me, but it was scheduled before the event started and I can't avoid it. No wifi or 3G or LTE back there, so although I'm slightly ahead of the curve today, I'll be a whole week behind in the event and probably neighborless when I get back. :(

That aside, with a full-time job and no opportunity to check my tapped out during my work day, I'm finding it pretty hard to get all of Number 1's tasks done in each 24 hour period too.
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:

- Completing the daily scroll tasks (Which if you miss a day, you can have 2 or more running the next day) 50 tokens..

Most of us are not going to have 20 hours a day (or even be available for 16 hours a day) to attain the 1000 emblems for Number 1's task. 20 hours a day = 4 hours consecutive sleep. Do you realize how crazy that sounds? I'm on summer vacation with nothing to do and even I'm not going to devote this degree of time on the Simpsons. ]

I believe it can be done. For me I work 9 or more hours a day. It is all in the timing when you visit your town(or towns). I have been doing the starting at 12:00 and doing the task and I get up at around 5 or 5:30 every day. And then have time to do the next task before work. Then at work I can do the next one when it time to do it. Then about the time I am getting off work I have time to do the last one. Call me crazy but has been working for me the last few days.

BTW 00-marco_rosas your name change put you at the last one to visit on my daily visit. The timing of your name from an R to now an 00 kind of messed it all up. But I am still going to hit your town every day my good man.
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, that is helpful, but also discouraging for those of us that cannot possibly finish all four of #1s tasks even half of the time. Even with friend visits and doing what I can I am way behind. Still, this is a fun an unique event, and best of luck to everyone.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited June 2014
    BTW 00-marco_rosas your name change put you at the last one to visit on my daily visit. The timing of your name from an R to now an 00 kind of messed it all up. But I am still going to hit your town every day my good man.
    You have me confused for someone else. My name change was before Easter Event, my old username started with an 'm', and we are not neighbors.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited June 2014
    My main town, I'll easily make 35k+.
    I'm wondering if my second town, with just 4 friends + Other Springfield, can make it too. Right now it's a bit tight :-)
    If it does it'll be a minor miracle.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Number 1’s task completion can be tricky, but you can make the most of it if you try. You only need to get 1167 a day, if you started on the third, and go right to the second that's thirty days. Between all the fixed and variable ways to get tokens, it's not that bad really.

I sleep an average of 7 hours a day, am in the process of packing to move, and currently hosting my Dad's sisters (or the gruesome twosome, as they are better known...) and I've missed one day (yesterday, wirh 20 hours of task) between not having time to log in and internet issues due to severe weather and all three of my towns are well over the limit.

It can be done! Someone posted a really handy calendar of what Number 1’s tasks per day are, so you can sort of use that to plan around your day.

• roxypup
    313 posts
    edited June 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:

Don't sweat it too much. I haven't been completing his tasks every single day but I'm still days ahead of schedule. If you do well keeping up with the other stuff it's not a problem.
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sakaane wrote:
    I'm on vacation next week and going camping in the back country. Lousy timing for me, but it was scheduled before the event started and I can't avoid it. No wifi or 3G or LTE back there, so although I'm slightly ahead of the curve today, I'll be a whole week behind in the event and probably neighborless when I get back. :(

That aside, with a full-time job and no opportunity to check my tapped out during my work day, I'm finding it pretty hard to get all of Number 1's tasks done in each 24 hour period too.

Enjoy the trip, sounds awesome (love camping). If you end up friendless when you return, it just gives you a chance to see some new Springfields :)
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but I disagree with your logic regarding the daily accumulation of tokens. I believe you've overlooked an important fact.

Once the quest lines finish, we lose a source of tokens. Right now, I'm collecting a fair number each day, but from the spoiler info, I can see that I'm practically finished with the main quest. There is a 2nd quest that kicks in once we've collected the Stonecutter Table (sorry, I don't recall the names of the quests), but again, that runs for only a few tasks and then those tokens are finished. This was also the case with Easter, if you recall.

One cannot "straight line" the required number of tokens over the duration of the event. Using this logic, players will come up short. I'll wager that EA introduces the opportunity to buy tokens the week after next, once some folks realize they can't achieve the last prizes by merely tapping pyramids from their neighbor visits. Maybe I'm wrong, but EA needs to pay their developers, and they can't do it without generating revenue.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for doing the math :)

I enjoyed this post. It made getting all the prizes seem very achievable.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm just gonna get Satin's anvil on time! :-\

Edit : Rephrased my sentence.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, but I disagree with your logic regarding the daily accumulation of tokens. I believe you've overlooked an important fact.

Once the quest lines finish, we lose a source of tokens. Right now, I'm collecting a fair number each day, but from the spoiler info, I can see that I'm practically finished with the main quest. There is a 2nd quest that kicks in once we've collected the Stonecutter Table (sorry, I don't recall the names of the quests), but again, that runs for only a few tasks and then those tokens are finished. This was also the case with Easter, if you recall.

One cannot "straight line" the required number of tokens over the duration of the event. Using this logic, players will come up short. I'll wager that EA introduces the opportunity to buy tokens the week after next, once some folks realize they can't achieve the last prizes by merely tapping pyramids from their neighbor visits. Maybe I'm wrong, but EA needs to pay their developers, and they can't do it without generating revenue.

Agreed that the variability is an issue. The way I'm handling that is to have already figured out given my situation how many know emblems I'll get during the event (barring ill wind). From the various quests its 2,900 for me. I'm making sure I finish his oneness's 4 tasks, so that's 1000 per day. I visit my town at least every 2 hrs (just shy actually) to make sure I get the max on "The Order". 72 for that for me per day. 50 per day for the puzzle. 40 per day from the chest. The two big variables for me are my visiting friends and them visiting me. The first varies from 60 to 300, and the second from 0 (!) to 1500. Zero would be very unlikely. I have 100 friends and 50 are visiting me every day. I usually get 15 per their 3 actions. So I calculated for me, adding it all up, that I'd average between 1672 and 2962 per day and that 2900 for the quests. In reality so far, I'm getting just over 2000 ave per day. Having a great time and busting my **** (staying up late, setting alarms, etc). I'm on schedule to finish with 62,900 emblems! Freemium player.
  • baskethound
    26 posts
    edited June 2014

I agree with this. I also figure I'm not going to get all 1000 of the emblems from Number One's tasks on the days that there are 20 hours of tasks. I'm just not willing/able to stay up until midnight on those days.

According to the spoiler info, not counting today, there are 8 days of 20-hour tasks out of 21 total days remaining. I figure I will get only 600 emblems on the 20-hour days and the full 1000 on other days. That is an average of 847 emblems per day or, maybe more relevant, a total of 17,800.

There are 14 more parchment tasks, again, not counting today. That's another 700 emblems.

I can visit neighbors for 60 emblems/day (assuming I never get the lodge) for 1260 over the next 21 days. Clicking the chest twice/day is another 840 and if I clear 12 running men per day that's 12 x 4 x 21 or 1008.

So right there that's a total of 21,608 emblems for the stuff that's pretty easily within my control. As I have 15,000 emblems and change right now, I will make it to 35,000 even if no neighbors visit me, I get no more emblems from the main questlines, and I never stay up until midnight. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!