33xatsg.jpg

• zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I always enjoy your posts nettangel.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think I will take advantage of the lull and the presence of the regs to get opinions for a redesign of my town that I'm considering.

Right now my town is a nearly-perfect 9x11 rectangle and the lower left-hand corner consists of this thing:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9091486.page

Or rather it did. The maze was so graphics-heavy it made my game unstable and so last week I was forced to move all the tree border and all the interior hedges into storage. I complained to EA about it and actually heard back from cshirley who said it's a known issue and a client fix will be released eventually so I will be able to reconstruct it but for right now only the "bones" are there.

What I'm considering doing now is building up cash and buying the land I need to move it to the bottom of the available grid (the maze is 3x5 so I'm almost bordering the land I need right now) because I want to keep it despite the fact it's something of an obstacle that is going to isolate buildings and characters once I start filling in that space. The thing is if I do that I'm going to leave a giant, gaping hole in the middle of my Springfield where the maze currently sits, and it will have to stay that way until the bugs in the game get worked out.

So what say you, hivemind? Better leave things as they are and fill in as I go or is it better to have a less-than-appealing Springfield for a while for a potentially more functional one down the road?
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Bump
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Ooh, tough call. Not sure, how much do you think you could handle an unsightly town?

Damn but it puts the maze into amazeballs though. Seriously one of the best thing anyone's ever done on here.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    I always enjoy your posts nettangel.

Thanks zuzu, I do enjoy yours and the rest of the bumpers as well. :D
    I am always tempted to tap that link you have going there and hope EVERYONE else does too!
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012

http://www.sortmusic.com/_a/adam-sandler-song,tiSteve%20Polychronopolous,len.html=1w

For old times sake, dug up this funny Adam Sandler video and it is not the Hanukah Song.
    They call him Steve Mother Trucker......
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    thejudd67 wrote:
    I think I will take advantage of the lull and the presence of the regs to get opinions for a redesign of my town that I'm considering.

Right now my town is a nearly-perfect 9x11 rectangle and the lower left-hand corner consists of this thing:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9091486.page

Or rather it did. The maze was so graphics-heavy it made my game unstable and so last week I was forced to move all the tree border and all the interior hedges into storage. I complained to EA about it and actually heard back from cshirley who said it's a known issue and a client fix will be released eventually so I will be able to reconstruct it but for right now only the "bones" are there.

What I'm considering doing now is building up cash and buying the land I need to move it to the bottom of the available grid (the maze is 3x5 so I'm almost bordering the land I need right now) because I want to keep it despite the fact it's something of an obstacle that is going to isolate buildings and characters once I start filling in that space. The thing is if I do that I'm going to leave a giant, gaping hole in the middle of my Springfield where the maze currently sits, and it will have to stay that way until the bugs in the game get worked out.

So what say you, hivemind? Better leave things as they are and fill in as I go or is it better to have a less-than-appealing Springfield for a while for a potentially more functional one down the road?

Beautiful maze Judd and I have seen some pretty amazing ones, most have been the downfall of many a town.
    I stopped purchasing land because when I did, major crashes and even locked out. I did notice the game is easier to navigate now that I have not been expanding.

I notify EA just to make them aware what part of the grid in my town is being affected to help them pinpoint the issue.
    I always receive the same reply telling me to go to the forum for help, ha ha. I then tell them I am in the forum and only reporting issues to help them out.
    Of course I get another auto reply saying the same thing. AND so the circle continues and the tail keeps getting chased without the pleasure of being caught.
    Some day the old dog will either give up or finally bite the bugger and solve the problems.

Sad to see the maze go. If it was my call, I would take the path that will lead to a stable game.
    Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
  • hedeboe
    19 posts
    edited December 2012
    Bump
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    @thejudd67: would it be possible to make an interesting design with pavement and earth to sit in the center while you make your game more stable? You would only need a few props for garnish, so to speak, but you might get a nice minimalist effect, similar to the beauty of a rock garden or raked sand. IDK, just a thought.
  • indydude33
    118 posts
    edited December 2012
    Bumpity
  • indydude33
    118 posts
    edited December 2012
    OK, a small pet peeve here: when someone starts one of the inevitable add me threads, IGNORE it. The more you post that the person is an idiot, the longer you keep their post on the front page. Someone just pulled an ignored Add Me thread off page 2 to yell at the person ... giving them another shot at the top of the boards. Let them just fall off the board ignored as they should be.

Rant over. Sorry. Had to get that off my chest.

• sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    indydude33 wrote:
    OK, a small pet peeve here: when someone starts one of the inevitable add me threads, IGNORE it. The more you post that the person is an idiot, the longer you keep their post on the front page. Someone just pulled an ignored Add Me thread off page 2 to yell at the person ... giving them another shot at the top of the boards. Let them just fall off the board ignored as they should be.

It's a totally fair point of course and one I think about all the time.
    I'll only respond to a thread with the appropriate links if it is literally at the top of the forum and therefore can't be bumped further anyway, or if someone else has left a funny comment and I want to reply to them, which is a conflicting emotion. :?
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited December 2012
    indydude33 wrote:

Agreed. Let's all not respond to those threads. Let them quickly die off
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited December 2012
    Great work Judd. I would work towards simply having a stable town. I'd love to get real creative on this game but not until the stability is better. That and I only play on my iPhone. If I had an iPad it would be so simpler
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    josh4908 wrote:
    Great work Judd. I would work towards simply having a stable town. I'd love to get real creative on this game but not until the stability is better. That and I only play on my iPhone. If I had an iPad it would be so simpler

Something for Santa to look into perhaps?
    I can't imagine playing on anything smaller than a Jumbo Jet size myself but for now iPad will have to do.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    indydude33 wrote:

Not one to insult so ignore is best. Oh and doing da bump bump is a better way!!!
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    indydude33 wrote:

It's a totally fair point of course and one I think about all the time.
    I'll only respond to a thread with the appropriate links if it is literally at the top of the forum and therefore can't be bumped further anyway, or if someone else has left a funny comment and I want to reply to them, which is a conflicting emotion. :?

Did you finish the ad Sonny? Otherwise shouldn't you be snoozing?

I am ready to doze off but Survivor Finale and the Simpsons are calling me.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I've decided to start ignoring the add me threads altogether.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.