EA Forums - Banner

SPOILERS: Easy day's task from his Oneness

How are you knowing the times for these daily tasks? It would be nice to know which days are coming that have a long final task.

Which days coming will have a final task longer than 6hrs, such that they must be started before 6pm to complete successfully?

Replies

• homer4mayor
    63 posts
    edited June 2014
    Nice to have a couple of days coming up with easy hour totals from his Oneness.
    11/12 (1,2,4,1)
    11/13 (2,2,2,2)

would be nice, but its wrong (at least for me): Today (11th) i already had 6-2-4...
    I have seen many predictions for No1, but none was correct so far...potentially those tasks are really randomly created every day on the EA server...
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I do not get what schedule people are referring to. My tasks for June 12 starting midnight eastern time so far are 6 Hours, 2 Hours, 4 Hours and ?, I just started my 3rd task so I am not sure what the 4th task will be but I will complete it.

There is a calender in this thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10110025.page but it does not match at all with what I am doing, regardless of this "8am Pacific Time glitch" I hear about.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    would be nice, but its wrong (at least for me): Today (11th) i already had 6-2-4...
    I have seen many predictions for No1, but none was correct so far...potentially those tasks are really randomly created every day on the EA server...

Same for me so far with the 6-2-4-? but today is the 12 of June, not the 11th.... unless your in Australia?
  • FWBlackguns
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    still on my first task...which is 6 hours

I saw the schedule and noticed the first task today was supposed to be 1 hour so did not tap after midnight...shoulda started the first task at midnight
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the reason they don't match up is that it changes based on what you've accomplished. I think the "schedule" is based on getting all 4 done every day. I have seen this with mine more than once (based on what people post - not doing a detailed compare).

Say the schedule is (made up)
    Today 1,2,3,4
    Tomorrow 2,3,4,5
    next day, 4,3,2,1

Say you don't get through the 4th task today (but you start it), tomorrow you would get credit for today's 4 hour. And tomorrow you would get 2,3,4, and the next day 5,4,3,2 with that 1 moving to the next day.

What I don't know is what happens if you don't even start task 4 one day.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice to have a couple of days coming up with easy hour totals from his Oneness.
    11/12 (1,2,4,1)
    11/13 (2,2,2,2)

You picked up the 6hr from the first day of 11/11 and the 2,4 from the schedule from 11/12? Or you rolled over the fourth task from Wed? I think your day will look like (6,2,4,1).

You say "Today(11th)..." but your post says 11/12. Hmmm.

When you are going to set a task, ask yourself what day it is in CA, where the time is GMT-8. If you are already into the next day use the calendar values from day it is in CA.

Once it becomes your day in CA, then use that day's schedule.

Good luck with the event!

[Edit: BB Code allowed. Added note about what to do once CA becomes your day.]
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

Same for me so far with the 6-2-4-? but today is the 12 of June, not the 11th.... unless your in Australia?

You are in the Eastern timezone, right?
    Let me guess -- you started your first task at midnight. Or, at least, it was before 3AM your time ...
    It was still Wednesday where the EA servers are (California) so the EA computer, thinking it was giving you Wednesday's first task, did exactly that -- so 6 hours.

By the time you set your second task, it was Thursday in California, so the EA computer gave you Thursday's second task. 2 hours. Your third and fourth tasks will be 4 and 1.

If you stay up TONIGHT until midnight again, your first task will be 1 hour, and your schedule tomorrow will be 1-2-2-2.
    If you DO NOT stay up, your schedule tomorrow will be 2-2-2-2

If you stay up until midnight Friday night, your schedule on Saturday will be 2-6-6-4
    If you stay up even later, and set the second task also (by then it will be 2AM!), it will be another 2 hour task, and your Saturday schedule will be 2-2-6-4. (But only if you set the second task before 3AM)
    If you DO NOT stay up Friday night, your Saturday schedule will be 4-6-6-4

Once you see this works, feel free to ask me what your next day will look like.

The calendar IS correct. The computers just always believe that if it is Tuesday in California then it is Tuesday everywhere.

Honest. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    How are you knowing the times for these daily tasks? It would be nice to know which days are coming that have a long final task.

Which days coming will have a final task longer than 6hrs, such that they must be started before 6pm to complete successfully?

SPOILER...

The calendar has been posted several times on this forum and if you cannot find it here, head over to tstoaddicts and check out the ton of spoiler info for this event. I don't want to post the calendar because I think tstoaddicts deserves a visit given the work they did in uncovering this stuff.

Good luck on the event!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am in the same time zone as California and haven't missed a task yet, but my tasks have been 6-2-4 today as well. There is no place up to this point that has the tasks in this order.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

Let me guess -- you started your first task at midnight. Or, at least, it was before 3AM your time ...
    It was still Wednesday where the EA servers are (California) so the EA computer, thinking it was giving you Wednesday's first task, did exactly that -- so 6 hours.

By the time you set your second task, it was Thursday in California, so the EA computer gave you Thursday's second task. 2 hours. Your third and fourth tasks will be 4 and 1.

If you stay up TONIGHT until midnight again, your first task will be 1 hour, and your schedule tomorrow will be 1-2-2-2.

If you stay up until midnight Friday night, your schedule on Saturday will be 2-6-6-4
    If you stay up even later, and set the second task also (by then it will be 2AM!), it will be another 2 hour task, and your Saturday schedule will be 2-2-6-4. (But only if you set the second task before 3AM)

The calendar IS correct. The computers just always believe that if it is Tuesday in California then it is Tuesday everywhere.

You know who is really behind this glitch? It's the Evil Aliens. :lol:

Just kidding "you know who"! And thanks for raining donuts on this event!

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    I am in the same time zone as California and haven't missed a task yet, but my tasks have been 6-2-4 today as well. There is no place up to this point that has the tasks in this order.

Did you start your first task before 1 am in California? If so the 6 hour is the first task of yesterdays task list.

Side Note:

Are we 100% positive it resets at 12 am California time. I think it's actually 1 am. That's when my Sacred Parchment tasks reset (or are available). Also, my fiance said she did a two hour at midnight and then another 2 hour after that. The schedule for that day was 2-4-4-6 (Tuesday) but she ended up doing 2-1-4-6 for Wednesday. We are two hours ahead of California.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:

You picked up the 6 from the first task from 11/11 (Wed). Check what your device thinks is the timezone. If it is correct, then all I can think of for you to do, if you care to know ahead of time your hours, is to realize that you will probably get yesterday's hours for the first task the next day if you start it right after your reset time.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:

Did you start your first task before 1 am in California? If so the 6 hour is the first task of yesterdays task list.

Side Note:

Are we 100% positive it resets at 12 am California time. I think it's actually 1 am. That's when my Sacred Parchment tasks reset (or are available). Also, my fiance said she did a two hour at midnight and then another 2 hour after that. The schedule for that day was 2-4-4-6 (Tuesday) but she ended up doing 2-1-4-6 for Wednesday. We are two hours ahead of California.

The business about CA time is really just another way to try to think about the glitch. The programmer in me knows that the schedule is really on your device, an your device knows both the local time and when 8am GMT is. The reset time seems to vary among people. I've heard Midnight, 1am, and 2am for reset times. (Yuck on those last two!)

Your fiancee started her first two tasks before her device thought it was 8am GMT and hence got the values from the schedule from Tue. Then she did the last two tasks after her device thought Wed had started, and so got those last two from the Wed schedule.

• empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

Thanks Annette, so you are saying I am getting the first task ONLY from the previous day when I start at midnight and then getting the remainder 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of the day I am in. This would make sense.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:

You picked up the 6 from the first task from 11/11 (Wed). Check what your device thinks is the timezone. If it is correct, then all I can think of for you to do, if you care to know ahead of time your hours, is to realize that you will probably get yesterday's hours for the first task the next day if you start it right after your reset time.

Thanks! Finally makes sense. Mine is set at GMT-7, since I am in Arizona. Even though my time is the same the time zone isn't. This means my first task will always be yesterdays first task and the rest will be the same as the calendar. How confusing!?!
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:

It is definitely not device time zone. I am East Coast USA, and my reset time is 3am local, and yes, my device is well aware of what timezone I'm in. This is very nice for No1's tasks. Since I get up at 5am eastern, I'm only 2 hours behind to start my day.

I just checked the "My Profile" link above, and it has my timezone set to LA. So it seems reasonable to me that the reset time is profile specific, not device specific.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:

Thanks Annette, so you are saying I am getting the first task ONLY from the previous day when I start at midnight and then getting the remainder 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of the day I am in. This would make sense.

Correct. Although if you're the type of person who can stay up until 2AM, then you probably want to do just that on Friday night. You can get Task Two set before 3AM. EA computers will still think it is Friday. If you DO, then your schedule for Saturday will be 2-2-6-4 instead if 4-6-6-4. Looks a lot easier to me. :)

Note: I don't get to monkey around like that. I live in the EA ground zero timezone. If i finish a whole day, then for the next day, whatever is on the calendar is what I get. :(
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

Thanks! Finally makes sense. Mine is set at GMT-7, since I am in Arizona. Even though my time is the same the time zone isn't. This means my first task will always be yesterdays first task and the rest will be the same as the calendar. How confusing!?!

That is only true for tasks YOU (since you are in Arizona) set before 1AM your time. If you wait until after 1AM, you will match the calendar for all four tasks.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

That is only true for tasks YOU (since you are in Arizona) set before 1AM your time. If you wait until after 1AM, you will match the calendar for all four tasks.

I had been staying up until midnight to start right away. Now I will consult the calendar and determine whether it is better for me to start later.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    hokieborn wrote:
    meinaz wrote:

It is definitely not device time zone. I am East Coast USA, and my reset time is 3am local, and yes, my device is well aware of what timezone I'm in. This is very nice for No1's tasks. Since I get up at 5am eastern, I'm only 2 hours behind to start my day.

I just checked the "My Profile" link above, and it has my timezone set to LA. So it seems reasonable to me that the reset time is profile specific, not device specific.

Sorry if I was confusing. The device controls what time zone you are in because the device is set to be in some time zone. But I don't know what controls the reset time. Hence the device time zone controls when your device thinks it is 8am GMT. I've heard reset times of Midnight, 1am, 2am, and now your 3am. Glad that it is working for you, because 3am would be a killer for me!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!