EA Forums - Banner

The Nuke Feature

This is the only way this nuke option should/would work.

After clicking on the nuke town, you should be forced to re-enter your Origin password before letting you destroy the town.

With the security issue of people still being logged into someone elses town, this could be a real nightmare for someone.

Edit: Typos

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    as long as there is still reports of people logging into the incorrect town this feature should not be available.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

After clicking on the nuke town, you should be forced to re-enter your Origin password before letting you destroy the town.

With the security issue of people still being logged into someone elses town, this could be a real nightmare for someone.

Exactly! This would also stop me from accidentally clicking "yes" like I almost did twice already and almost definitely would if I'd been drinking!
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

i can agree to this simple idea. they should add in a detonation button and nice mushroom cloud explosion animation as well.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

Agreed
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

Couldnt agree more! :thumbup:
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited June 2014
    I totally want this feature back for my feeder town because it's a mess, but can't imagine ever being brave enough to use it on my main town, so: I'm on the fence.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    as long as there is still reports of people logging into the incorrect town this feature should not be available.

I'll say, "AMEN!" to that.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    As others have said it either needs to be password protected or not brought back union they fix the wrong town glitch. I wouldn't ever personally use it as I have a paranoia that I'll lose some of my limited time items if they got put into my inventory.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't have an issue with it being available as long as it is secure. I wouldn't use it, because I would be too overwhelmed rebuilding the whole town. Only minor changes or small areas at a time for me.
  • Sakaane
    102 posts
    edited June 2014
    Last night someone was logged into my Springfield. I was lucky they didn't touch anything or spend any donuts. I know it happened because when I went to play this morning I was logged out and the game said it failed to save on another device, but I don't play on more than one device.

My town isn't totally finished or where I want it to be, but I have worked hard on it and I would be super pissed if someone logged in due to EA's bug and then was able to nuke everything. It doesn't matter if I could write to EA customer service and eventually get the town restored--that's an inconvenience to me and disrupts my ability to play, while the perpetrator would have nothing happen to them.

I like the idea of the nuke button but it absolutely must require a password to use, no matter what.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!