EA Forums - Banner

Apu goes where to repent

That would have been fun, seeing him praying to Ganesh. But I imagine singling him out from the others might have caused problems with the coding. Was probably just simpler sending him to the church with the others.

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    truvoo wrote:
    So one of #1's task was to send an entrepreneur to repent. Since Apu was the first on the list I sent him. I was curious to see where he would go knowing that he is Hindu and was surprised that he went to the church to repent. I guess the game is hard coded to send them all to the church but it would've been nice to see him pray to Ganesh or even send him to the Buddhist temple since that's more closely related to Hinduism.

Agreed. Is he suppose to be repenting that he is in the "wrong" religion. :)

I believe in the episodes Apu has prayed in an area he has set up in the Kwik-E-Mart.

But yeah, easier to code the way it was done, and less chance of some glitch.

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    As far as I know, Hinduism doesn't involve a lot of repenting.

I try to match the character to the task as much as possible, just so I won't run into anything that tweaks my brain like this :lol: (e.g. in this instance I would probably send Herman, as an entrepreneur and criminal who probably also goes to church.)
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I like to send Devil Flanders to repent whenever I get the option. I find it amusing :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I like to send Devil Flanders to repent whenever I get the option. I find it amusing :)
    I don't have that skin. Does he still count as a "saint" when he's the devil?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    As far as I know, Hinduism doesn't involve a lot of repenting.

I try to match the character to the task as much as possible, just so I won't run into anything that tweaks my brain like this :lol: (e.g. in this instance I would probably send Herman, as an entrepreneur and criminal who probably also goes to church.)

Right. But if he's repenting about being in the wrong religion, he'd be switching religions! :)

I like your idea. My head hurts as it is.

What a fun event!
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I still smile every time I'm supposed to send a glutton to do a task, because I have to ignore Fat Tony, who is not in the glutton category. ("FAT" Tony. Not a glutton.)

Also, that when I'm sending a "criminal" to a four-hour (or is it two hours) task, if I'm using the character finder, when i get to Chief Wiggums, he does not have that task available because he's not in the criminal category, and instead I see his NORMAL task, which is "collect bribes"

Just sayin. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    I don't have that skin. Does he still count as a "saint" when he's the devil?

It does. I guess EA didn't think of that when they coded the game.
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I still smile every time I'm supposed to send a glutton to do a task, because I have to ignore Fat Tony, who is not in the glutton category. ("FAT" Tony. Not a glutton.)

Also, that when I'm sending a "criminal" to a four-hour (or is it two hours) task, if I'm using the character finder, when i get to Chief Wiggums, he does not have that task available because he's not in the criminal category, and instead I see his NORMAL task, which is "collect bribes"

Just sayin. :)

But Far Tony is dead. This is his brother Fit Tony. But he added on a few pounds and looked like his brother, so they just called him that.

Same thing with "Skinner" real Skinner is alive, but no one liked him when he came back.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe he repenting that he overcharged the church and took it as a donation on his income taxes
  • Gqhusla22
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    Help.....who's the criminal to skip art lessons?
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gqhusla22 wrote:
    Help.....who's the criminal to skip art lessons?

Marge teaches art to prisoners a 6hr task, which was today's quest
  • Gqhusla22
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    Thanks...I was looking for all the criminal types
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gqhusla22 wrote:
    Thanks...I was looking for all the criminal types

You're not the only one. I've played this game non-stop for almost 9 months now, and have NEVER sent Marge on that task. I forgot it was there, and would CERTAINLY not have realized it took place at the prison. I assumed it was an Adult Education thing. (Doh!) When I sent her this morning, I followed her onscreen all the way to the prison, just to be certain I had it right.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • baskethound
    26 posts
    edited June 2014
    The task isn't to repent; it's to REPENT! Clearly the all caps signifies an acronym; in this case, Read Each Page of Ephesians in the New Testament! which of course takes place in a Christian church. :wink:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The task isn't to repent; it's to REPENT! Clearly the all caps signifies an acronym; in this case, Read Each Page of Ephesians in the New Testament! which of course takes place in a Christian church. :wink:

This is the best explanation I think we'll ever get.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!