EA Forums - Banner

To My Neighbors - Vacation :(

Prev1
I don't often see the word 'vacation' followed by a frownie face! Funny what TSTO does to us. LOL

I'm not one of your neighbors, but have a fun time!

Replies

• HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry. No one will notice. :wink:
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Attention: Tappers, looks like I'll have an open spot on my list in the next day or so. Let the deluge begin! J/K.

Sakaane, have a great time. I'll be here when you get back.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Have fun Sakaane! We'll help you get caught up when you get back :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11550 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    or we'll just grab him in the TARDIS and get him back a few days :mrgreen:
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • damienbasile
    41 posts
    edited June 2014
    I feel like there should be a friend maintainer thing where one of your friends looks after your town so you don't fall behind if you're without service for an extended period. I don't know any of my friends well enough to do that but I would think some of you do and some of you would help out.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel like there should be a friend maintainer thing where one of your friends looks after your town so you don't fall behind if you're without service for an extended period. I don't know any of my friends well enough to do that but I would think some of you do and some of you would help out.
    That would technically be against the terms of service, since we aren't supposed to give login information to people we trust. But, since there is a glitch that can drop anyone into a random town, maybe one of Sakaane's friends would happen to get that glitch under the right circumstances. (But not in public.)
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014

If that was to happen the only features they should be allow to access is tasks and taps. Money,donuts, inventory, able to move/sell/store would all be unable to be used, also can't remove or add friends but can visit to tap theirs. That's the only way something like that would be ok with having. At least that's the only thing I would be ok with, I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting to list though.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    That would technically be against the terms of service, since we aren't supposed to give login information to people we trust. But, since there is a glitch that can drop anyone into a random town, maybe one of Sakaane's friends would happen to get that glitch under the right circumstances. (But not in public.)

I don't think he ment giving their log in info, I think he is refering to some kind of feature ya turn on when gone for a period of time and can designate someone off your friends list the ability to switch over to your town to do the stuff.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I don't think he ment giving their log in info, I think he is refering to some kind of feature ya turn on when gone for a period of time and can designate someone off your friends list the ability to switch over to your town to do the stuff.
    I know, I was just saying. With the current rules and features and glitches.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I know, I was just saying. With the current rules and features and glitches.

I saw what you were doin there. :wink:
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Enjoy your well deserved vacation.
  • mikepellerin60
    490 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe there should be an option to set your town as "Away", and an indicator to tell when you will be back?
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe there should be an option to set your town as "Away", and an indicator to tell when you will be back?
    Some of my neighbors write out messages with bushes and flowers. "Back soon", "vacation", "BRB", for example.
  • soprano_1980
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    On the plus side you're going on vacation
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Nice idea. Until then we could come up with our own simple set of "signals" made by putting agreed on decorations at the landing zone in our town. Or number of such. The issue is that back at level 3, you don't have much.

Anyone seen that done?
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't often see the word 'vacation' followed by a frownie face! Funny what TSTO does to us. LOL

I'm not one of your neighbors, but have a fun time!

Haha! :-D Me neither! Hope you have a great time!
  • Sakaane
    102 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    or we'll just grab him in the TARDIS and get him back a few days :mrgreen:
    lol I could do my vacation over and over and over... I'd be super rested then!

Also: female tapper here. :)

Thanks everybody! Believe me, I am really excited about this trip, as I need the break pretty badly. But I'm also enjoying the Stonecutter event and though I am a premium player, I like to try to complete events the 'old fashioned way'. The ideas some of you put forth about a limited friend 'maintainer' feature would be pretty neat in situations like mine.

My camp and fishing gear are all packed and I'm headed for bed now. I'll clear my town one last time before lights out, and I should have time to do that again when I get up at the crack of dawn to get on the road.

See you all in a week! Happy tapping. :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I gave ya a last tap, girl. Happy camping!
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Good vacation! :wink:
  • 4junk3000
    5364 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sakaane wrote:
    I'd PM all 72 of you but the forum doesn't appear to allow multiple recipients on the same message, probably to prevent spam.

I am going on vacation! It's a camping vacation to the back country, so no wifi and no mobile data. This was planned before the event started so I'm just unlucky. It means after today (except possibly on Sunday) I won't be able to clear my Springfield and won't be able to visit any of you until I get back next Friday night/Saturday morning. :(

I realize having active neighbors is an important part of the event but I also hope you'll be so kind as to not delete me, because as soon as I get back I'll need all the help I can get to catch up, and I'll definitely be wanting to tap in your Springfields again!

Thanks.

I can understand this frustration, as like many, I've been playing this ridiculously addictive game daily since Halloween. I don't even think i brush my teeth with that kind of consistency! (Lol)

But just do what i do when i go camping: ask someone else to tap for you. It's an easier favor than "water my plants" or "walk my dog"!

Maybe that is a business waiting to be invented: SURROGATE TAPPERS! for a nominal fee, I'll visit your town and keep your game current!

Have a good vacation, don't forget sunscreen!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!