EA Forums - Banner

I think ea went through my town.

Prev1
Jesfer72 wrote:
I think EA went through my town. I went into town this morning and everything was fine. Just went to play and my money pool and chests where moved. I had one chest hidden and one out in open. The money pool I had by burns manor and was put next to the two chests. I also no longer have the double pool and parchment in inventory. Nothing else was moved no donuts spent no people on odd jobs. It didn't give me a warning of the played on other device.

Exactly the same thing just happened to me, I just made a post about it! :shock: :?

Replies

• mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Spooky.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Most strange...

Normally i'd be posting some image, or making a simpsons reference to an old story episode or character, but this is too serious for that

Certainly spooky that two people have had the exact same thing happen
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Most strange...

Normally i'd be posting some image, or making a simpsons reference to an old story episode or character, but this is too serious for that

It is weird that it was the exact same things that were moved isn't it? :?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Most strange...

Not if they wrote a program to do it! :!:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Most strange...

But if that were the case wouldn't it have happened to everyone? I just presumed this was someone letting me know they'd accidentally been logged into my town.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Most strange...

But if that were the case wouldn't it have happened to everyone? I just presumed this was someone letting me know they'd accidentally been logged into my town.

It may yet happen to everyone that has the issue.

Put yourself in EA's place. Handle all these cases being opened by hand, or have some bright guy write a program that checks every account for the issue and fixes it! The program can work tirelessly until it gets the job done, even if it takes days to do the millions(?) of accounts.

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nothing in my town was moved but my 2 extra money pools in my inventory are gone.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Most strange...

It may yet happen to everyone that has the issue.

Put yourself in EA's place. Handle all these cases being opened by hand, or have some bright guy write a program that checks every account for the issue and fixes it! The program can work tirelessly until it gets the job done, even if it takes days to do the millions(?) of accounts.

Oh my! Imagine such a program having bugs that gets rid of all your donuts and town, and populates it with Funzos.

:roll:
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I know this is a tall order, but maybe some pics to prove this could help!
  • daielvisgm
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My money pool, chest of sacred artifacts and sacred parchment were all moved in my town - very frightening to think someone is messing around with my game after all of the money & time I have put into it.

:anger:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

If the after pics show the items in exactly the same relative location in both towns, then that would be evidence of a program at work.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    daielvisgm wrote:
    My money pool, chest of sacred artifacts and sacred parchment were all moved in my town - very frightening to think someone is messing around with my game after all of the money & time I have put into it.

:anger:

I doubt this is malicious because if it was a person, why would they just do that and not something worse. And we are having people in this thread report very similar or identical items moved.

Check your donut count. If it is the same I would not worry.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

If the after pics show the items in exactly the same relative location in both towns, then that would be evidence of a program at work.

You may be correct.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I moved mine but I think they were pretty much like this

2vule2c.jpg
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice - I see what you mean now. I am glad EA isn't messing with mine. I have it all well hidden from agitators.

11to9x5.jpg
  • denthdeath
    81 posts
    edited June 2014
    moving pools and chest...... aliens!!! :D

seriously though, how did you manage to have more than one pool in first place?
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    Nothing in my town was moved but my 2 extra money pools in my inventory are gone.

How have you got two extra money pools?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11526 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It cant be other people cause u cant (normally) sell price items from the event. There is a way but canf be told xd
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited June 2014
    There's a glitch where playing on two devices it would give two items. Not any double skins but double items. Like I said I had one chest hidden behind the stonecutters lodge. the money pool was placed next to the two chest the two chest where put in a row all next to my stonecutters building where I had the money pool next to burns manor all the way on the other side of the map. Nothing else was touched.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited June 2014
    You can't sell the pool and the extra one I had is gone. I can post pics later once I get home cause my saved photo of extra pool is on iPad.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!