EA Forums - Banner

I spied on the neighbors who visited me and tracked their actions for 7 days.

Prev13
You just hid them? What's the point of going through all that trouble if you're not going to delete the neighbors who don't visit you? Plenty of people to replace 'em after all.

Replies

• ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    You just hid them? What's the point of going through all that trouble if you're not going to delete the neighbors who don't visit you? Plenty of people to replace 'em after all.

yep, great analysis i guess.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for sharing!

I started tracking this event also, but I quickly learned that I had 50% that did not visit me at all in a week! I did not track how many clicks they made. Just whether they made any at all. I started unfriending with those who were not playing at all, then those I could not click in their SF or KL. Kept some long timers and beginners. I've quickly got back to 100 friends.

For the last 6 months, event or no event, I've handed out 300 clicks everyday unless they had nothing to click.

Loving this event!

P.S. I check my beginners SF multiple times a day. They have few clickable things, so I'm not surprised I cannot click there without a few trips throughout the day.

Yeah, I'm retired. I can do whatever I want. :wink:

• dcacooper
    388 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm just going ... outside ... to ... stalk ... all my neighbours.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have noticed that it tends to be the same people's names I keep seeing in my town every day, and out of 100 people it's definitely under 20 who visit daily!

I've also realised that there's at least one person who I know have NEVER visited me during this event. I kind of wish I'd bothered noting it all down too so I could see if there were people I could replace with better neighbours.

BTW - Every neighbour I have from this forum is a good neighbour! :)
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    another temple taper bites the dust! I just removed another one of those selfish people. At this rate i will only have good neighbors only. I'm liking this event.
  • mamalettejen
    206 posts
    edited June 2014
    I too tracked neighbor visits for about a week. I just deleted a bunch of neighbors (about half) that never visited at all.

Also, a couple of them are forum members that are active in their games right now. I know because while giving them their 3 taps their lodge was tappable. I hesitate to delete them but perhaps I'll put them on "hide" status until I get a visit :?
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, you sure got a lot of time on your hands to be doing these statistics. I'm impressed. :wink:
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014

It is definitely less trouble than deleting them.

Hiding neighbors just removes them from the my visit list. Take a skimmer who only taps lodges, he is an active player and normally a good neighbor based having available tappable buildings. While he is hidden I won't see him during the my visit cycle but he'll still be free to visit me. After the event all I care about is if he has tappable building in his town and not whether he visits me. So I'll hide/unhide him.

Sure it is easy to delete and replace neighbors but it is not easy to replace them with good neighbors
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I too tracked neighbor visits for about a week. I just deleted a bunch of neighbors (about half) that never visited at all.

Also, a couple of them are forum members that are active in their games right now. I know because while giving them their 3 taps their lodge was tappable. I hesitate to delete them but perhaps I'll put them on "hide" status until I get a visit :?

I have a few neighbors who are progressing through the event and earned high emblem totals. They obviously have the time and actively play but for whatever reason they didn't visit me much. These are ones I would also consider hiding because after the event they'll go back to being a good neighbor.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited June 2014

I'm sure it would have been fine had I needed it. But I don't find myself stalking neighbors and creating spreadsheets of their comings and goings. If I did, it would concern me enough to seek help. Good luck with your journey, may you emerge whole from the other side.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    shaygitz wrote:

I'm sure it would have been fine had I needed it. But I don't find myself stalking neighbors and creating spreadsheets of their comings and goings. If I did, it would concern me enough to seek help. Good luck with your journey, may you emerge whole from the other side.

:lol:
    I don't either but thanks all the same.
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    shaygitz wrote:

let's be honest things like this would not be necessary if people were good and honest people, but a few are not. they only care about what's in it for themselves they don't care about the whole or the greater good. I'm glad somebody had the balls to stand up to people like this and I hope this person decides to delete them.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    If I was your neighbor, I would be listed in the "visited 7 times in 7 days and received 3 taps" category.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Many of my very best neighbors are habitual lodge tappers. I often go for it first, myself, if I have the time. I'm pretty sure most of them come back later, but I haven't devoted any time to tracking it or anything. I'm probably going to get the final emblem prize tomorrow, so I'm clearly getting plenty of visits. Not gonna worry about it too much.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Many of my very best neighbors are habitual lodge tappers. I often go for it first, myself, if I have the time. I'm pretty sure most of them come back later, but I haven't devoted any time to tracking it or anything. I'm probably going to get the final emblem prize tomorrow, so I'm clearly getting plenty of visits. Not gonna worry about it too much.

I always like heading to your gunea pig sanctuary if someone else hasn't already tapped it, just so i can see the little guinea pig escaping and being caught. Love that animation :lol:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I always like heading to your gunea pig sanctuary if someone else hasn't already tapped it, just so i can see the little guinea pig escaping and being caught. Love that animation :lol:
    Me too! I love seeing all the animations this event. There are some, like the pet store and Clausco, that I've never even seen before! Others, like Sanjay's house and the rescue center, I only got to see once, so it's great to see them again :)
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    If I was your neighbor, I would be listed in the "visited 7 times in 7 days and received 3 taps" category.

You'd be awesome neighbor to have IMO. I was surprised that didn't have as many like you.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited June 2014
    Oh crap. I have not been paying much attention, but I'm sure I've been tapping the Lodge as I go through my neighbors' towns. I didn't realize there was anything different about it. Can you fill me in?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!