EA Forums - Banner

Please EA -- revamp the Mystery Box!

I agree, what a joke the mystery box system is.

who ever decided to make the grand prize possibility worth less than the 2nd days prize is a complete moron, even at 2 donuts I dont think id buy them.

Replies

• Ramenbot
    66 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yeah it really needs to be updated. Those prizes are based on stuff that has been available since Tapped Out was released. Why not put the Abandoned Building or a couple other new items in?
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    actually the $250 is in place of SVT. I should have an entire stadium of them if they let us have more than one out at a time
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited June 2014
    Who cares? Free stuff and a chance at something cool? Sure maybe some different items would be nice but the system itself is fine. Did it ever occur to anyone that EA doesn't actually want people to get free premium items very often at all?
  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    actually the $250 is in place of SVT. I should have an entire stadium of them if they let us have more than one out at a time

What makes you say that? The 30 donut prize is instead of SVT isn't it?
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

indeed it is
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree. They should've revamped it a year ago!
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    Who cares? Free stuff and a chance at something cool? Sure maybe some different items would be nice but the system itself is fine. Did it ever occur to anyone that EA doesn't actually want people to get free premium items very often at all?

This is my point exactly. Once you get the Lemon Tree and the SVT the chance of winning "something cool" is between 1 and 4 in 100,000. That's a pretty slim chance... There are enough seasonal items from the past (that were give-aways) that could be added to make the boxes more interesting.

Edited for spelling
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't cost anything to play a mystery box so I have trouble getting too worked up about it. It's a cool free feature. As I said, sure some new items - non-premium - would be nice. But I swear if they put any kind of additional fences in there, why I'll . . . I'll . . .

I don't know what, but I'll do something. probably build a fence.

The odds on premium prizes are purposely slim though. They're not going to change that, most likely.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited June 2014
    I always look forward to more paper boxes and shrubs.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited June 2014
    I wish NPC humans were a prize in the Mystery Box. Just some random Springfield folks to fill out the town.
  • FKyle92
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

I got $250 from my Misery Box today and i don't have SVT so...

I think the last good thing i got was 10 donuts a couple of months ago.
  • darkcloudlives
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have not won the SVT yet. I did, however, win 6 Mystery Boxes in one day. The final prize was a tree.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I've won the 30 donut prize twice from my free mystery boxes, so I'm not too upset about winning trees and parking lots most off the time. I'd never spend donuts to get one though and it would be fun to have some new items in there.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Mystery Box-only content would be cool. Nothing super special, but slightly different fences or parking lots than what we can buy already. I liked the MB much more when I was a new player. Now it's just "maybe I'll get something really good? Oh, a parking lot". I'm not mad about it or anything, but it could be better.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Bad luck for me I guess. Been playing ever day for 6 months. Level 41+. No SVT, and no donuts.
    On the other hand my donut drop rate from visiting friends is 120 clicks gives 1 donut. i.e. 2.5 donuts a day from my 100 friends.

I've won all sort of "junk" from the Mystery Box. But got some white fence.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!