EA Forums - Banner

Tomorrow (6/19) No. 1 tasks are stooooopid

Prev1345
They know many teenagers and middle school children have finals this week. They want to deprive them of sleep.

Replies

• annettemarc
    7690 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My copy of the pattern calendar has 6-4-4-6 ...

(Tuesday the 1st has the 2-6-6-6 pattern, though.). :(
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    There is no 2 hour for tomorrow even if ya start it before the timer resets. You'll have 6,4,4,6 regardless of waiting before or after the time resets.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014

That is just how mine has started, the timer resets at 1am UK time and I have sent Cletus on the first 6hr task. Not sure where the OP got the two hour tasks from for today :?
  • tigger2go
    106 posts
    edited June 2014
    1AM start in uk, my 1st task is 6hours, well at least I can get to bed tonight :twisted:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sheesh. Glad I have all the prizes, although I'd like to get some sweet, sweet emblem donuts.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I was happy to avoid these 20-hour days so far, but can't avoid them any more with two coming up in the next two weeks.

I'm glad I'm closing in on the donuts prize box, so at least the emblems will be all the more sweeter.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I was happy to avoid these 20-hour days so far, but can't avoid them any more with two coming up in the next two weeks.

I'm glad I'm closing in on the donuts prize box, so at least the emblems will be all the more sweeter.

Yes, I think by the middle of next week I'm hoping I will have every item, just 1000 emblems away from the stonecutters table, so that should be mine by the end of the night tonight :-)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So despite numerous attempts to help people with this, it continues to elude some.

Today's 6/17 calendar was (6,1,1,2) . Tomorrow's 6/18 is (6,4,4,6).

I have a midnight task reset and a parchment reset of 3am. That's only 3 hours. So I can only do one substitution this time. The substitution still gives me a 6 hr task. So at 12:01 am I'll start my first task. It won't finish until 6:01 am.
    No later then 9am I'll start my second task. I'll have 14 hrs left to do. 9+14=23 which is 11:00 pm. The one hour buffer gives me time to get the tasks started. I'll alarm each.

Depending on the length between your task reset and parchment reset times you may be able to substitute from yesterday and pick up that 1 hour second task and get yourself a (6,1,4,6) day.

I doubt anyone could get a (6,1,1,6) because that would mean a length between your task reset and parchment reset times of greater than 8 hours.

• audiomixdon
    309 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The calendar I have (from off this site) says 2-6-6-6 for tomorrow. Hmmm.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The calendar I see on this site is here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/50/10103630.page

It has (6,4,4,6) for 6/19 Thu.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited June 2014
    My Thursday tasks kicked off with a 6 hour task sending a pessimist to get frisked :mrgreen:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Sad indeed. With my Midnight/3am window my plan is to start the first task at 12:01 am. I'll get the 4 hr first task from the previous day. It will be done at 4:01 am. Now I've got to do the remaining 18 hrs. So I'll set the alarm for 5am.
    Alarm all the reset. Finish sometime after 11:00 pm.

This event is an exercise in Time Management; which is a skill I've honed over decades. :)

Of course I don't have to do any of this. I'll be reaching 35,000 by Friday afternoon 6/20. Totally freemium, no donuts spent. A lot of work. My reward? The fun of it!

• johncolombo
    10970 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2014

would you mind PMing me that calendar, I keep losing it?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • annettemarc
    7690 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    :?

Sad indeed. With my Midnight/3am window my plan is to start the first task at 12:01 am. I'll get the 4 hr first task from the previous day. It will be done at 4:01 am. Now I've got to do the remaining 18 hrs. So I'll set the alarm for 5am.
    Alarm all the reset. Finish sometime after 11:00 pm.

This event is an exercise in Time Management; which is a skill I've honed over decades. :)

Of course I don't have to do any of this. I'll be reaching 35,000 by Friday afternoon 6/20. Totally freemium, no donuts spent. A lot of work. My reward? The fun of it!

I worked a quarter century as a manager of staffing, scheduling over 600 hospital staff to cover 24/7. Time management is something which, with enough therapy, I hope to forget entirely. ;)

The skill I've honed for these last two decades is called "Not Staying Up Until Midnight". My son's town is most likely to remain anvil-less. :)
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So despite numerous attempts to help people with this, it continues to elude some.

Today's 6/17 calendar was (6,1,1,2) . Tomorrow's 6/18 is (6,4,4,6).

I have a midnight task reset and a parchment reset of 3am. That's only 3 hours. So I can only do one substitution this time. The substitution still gives me a 6 hr task. So at 12:01 am I'll start my first task. It won't finish until 6:01 am.
    No later then 9am I'll start my second task. I'll have 14 hrs left to do. 9+14=23 which is 11:00 pm. The one hour buffer gives me time to get the tasks started. I'll alarm each.

Depending on the length between your task reset and parchment reset times you may be able to substitute from yesterday and pick up that 1 hour second task and get yourself a (6,1,4,6) day.

I doubt anyone could get a (6,1,1,6) because that would mean a length between your task reset and parchment reset times of greater than 8 hours.
    OMG, thank you . You are my hero for today. I couldn't figure out why His Oneness' Calendar NEVER seems to match me. It's because I'm -3 GMT and I always start at my midnight when he resets his tasks. Depending on the day, I may finish up after 8 GMT, which means I am flipping over to the next day and day smushing, thus, never exactly matching his schedule.

Please accept these virtual cookies, with my gratitude:
    cookies.png bighug.gif
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I worked a quarter century as a manager of staffing, scheduling over 600 hospital staff to cover 24/7. Time management is something which, with enough therapy, I hope to forget entirely. ;)

doctorIn.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't stress out. It probably won't be the way it's portrayed anyways. I've never had a long day and my tasks have never matched up to the calendar listed. Even accounting that I start after midnight and am carrying over a task from the previous day. For example a couple of days ago my first task was a 1 hour which I started at 12:01am. --previous day had no 1 hour tasks. Also last week one of my days ended with a 1 hour task- but there was no 1 hour listed anywhere for that day. I'm not making this up, my schedule is random.
    But if it did turn out I had a 6 hour without enough time ce la vie. It's only 400 emblems. I've consistently gotten 2,000 a day. No worries.
  • KusineJosefi
    3 posts
    edited June 2014

It will be possible for me.

The length between the two doesn't have to be greater than 8 hours, just 8 hours is enough. My task resets at 2 am, and the parchmet resets 8 hours later at 10 am. I have trouble sleeping, and started the first task right after 2 am. If I for instance starts the second task at 0815 and then starts the third task at 0930 they will both be 1 hour, and I will only have the last 6 hour task left.
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014
    I just got my first 6 hour task at midnight EDT.

So this is a 20 hour day? I don't think I will be getting all 4 tasks done, it is my day off and sleep is a bigger priority :D
  • angelastep611
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    My tasks have never matched up with the calender either, my number 1's task reset at 1am and my parchment resets at 10.am. Ive been lucky and only had 1 20 hr task day so far.

This morning i tapped on number 1 at 6.30 am (uk time) and got a 6 hr task, that will finish at 12.30 pm which still gives me 13 hrs to complete the rest of the days tasks. I did look at the calender what it was 1st got posted but its never helped so now i go with the flow, im about 2000 away from the stone cutters table so im ahead emblems wise and im lucky i have very good neighbours who visted me daily and i visit them daily so i should finish ahead of schedule.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!