EA Forums - Banner

AH, I have just accidentally used my donuts on a stupid boardwalk performer

Prev1
My accidental purchases include Moleman and spending 2 donuts on two or three occsaions to speed up a task (I was tapping too fast). I'm ok with Moleman, but was furious at the 6 donuts lost.

I'm like you...I'm purely freemium and haven't spent a dime on this game, saving up my donuts.

Replies

• ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have bought stuff during update events only to find out the would be given out later for free as you collect the event currency. Let's see, the stuff I bought that were given out for free includes...
    -- mausoleum (from Halloween 2012)
    -- snake stone (from Whacking Day)
    -- ancient burial ground (from Halloween 2013)
    -- magic elves workshop (from X-mas 2013)

There might be more stuff, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

Actually these weren't accidental purchases; it was just me being dumb and really excited. But I still regret them.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Note to OP: You created the sane thread twice. Here' what I said in the other thread...

I have bought stuff during update events only to find out the would be given out later for free as you collect the event currency. Let's see, the stuff I bought that were given out for free includes...

Actually these weren't accidental purchases; it was just me being dumb and really excited. But I still regret them.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My accidental purchases include Moleman and spending 2 donuts on two or three occsaions to speed up a task (I was tapping too fast). I'm ok with Moleman, but was furious at the 6 donuts lost.

I'm like you...I'm purely freemium and haven't spent a dime on this game, saving up my donuts.

Yeah, I accidentally sped up a task, and I think it was the brown house of all things.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    how many threads do you need on the issue for your mistake. Move on it is what it is.
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    how many threads do you need on the issue for your mistake. Move on it is what it is.

Love your comment about temple tapping I think I will copy that if you don't mind
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bettyboojm wrote:
    I am furious with myself, this is not the first time I have accidentally used up my donuts saved from playing the latest Stonecutter update. With the most recent update for level 42 the "confirm donut spend" had been switched off. And there I was just browsing through the decorations trying to find a bush and hit the fiddler from the boardwalk. ****!!! 50 donuts that I have worked hard to get, gone. On a bloody character that only walks the boardwalk and no tasks!!!

Lets be clear I am a true freemium player or whatever you call us. I have not spent any money on the game but have been around since the beginning through all the * server issues and waiting for updates so have saved up donuts in my time. I have managed to save 150 and used it to get the school bus and Otto because he is one of my favourite characters

List of other stupid things I have accidentally bought with donuts saved -

Cozy hammock - valentines day update - 20 donuts
    Tetherball - 20 donuts
    Shauna - 90 donuts (ok at least she does tasks)
    and now
    stupid bloody Boardwalk fiddler - 50 donuts

If only we could sell these back at the price we paid....

Have any of you accidentally bought things with donuts when you were trying to save? Please share your stories with me!

Sorry to hear. 50! Yikes!

Early on when I had no donuts to speak of I'd accidentally try to spend them. Somewhere I learned about the confirm option and then the advice to check it on every update. But it is easy to get excited about an update and forget! I've seen people say during Stonecutters that they accidentally spent donuts rushing a house trying to hit one of those "The Order" guys. Rushing a brown house has to be really frustrating also.

I play premium-gifted (meaning freemium unless someone buys me a gift of donuts). But I'd be tempted to replace those lost 50 donuts. You may want to wait and see if there is a Gil deal coming up.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

Love your comment about temple tapping I think I will copy that if you don't mind

I was lodge hunting before, but I always come back to give the full 3 clicks. Lately, not doing lodge hunting. I'm on target for what I wanted to get (63,000 emblems) and I have a nice buffer too.

• theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

Yeah, I accidentally sped up a task, and I think it was the brown house of all things.

Me too on a brown house.

I've learnt now that everytime there's an update to check and make sure the box is ticked. :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:

Me too on a brown house.

I've learnt now that everytime there's an update to check and make sure the box is ticked. :D

Ouch a speed up on a brown house :shock:

Its strange cos my game never switches back but my daughters town (freemium) always reverts back to needing to confirm the button....very odd
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:

Back in 2012, when did they give out the mausoleum for free? I don't remember getting one.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:

Back in 2012, when did they give out the mausoleum for free? I don't remember getting one.

I recall if you squashed enough gremlins during the first Halloween update, you get prizes. I recall the mausoleum being one of the prizes you can earn. I have two of them, meaning I bought one with donuts and got the other one free.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Jblue8298 wrote:

Me too on a brown house.

Ouch a speed up on a brown house :shock:

Its strange cos my game never switches back but my daughters town (freemium) always reverts back to needing to confirm the button....very odd

Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff!
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    May be u have a fat finger (like mine)... Even same topic u posted twice! :roll:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    I've only accidentally spent donuts once, on Kearney.
  • amyfurg
    92 posts
    edited June 2014
    I've accidentally sped up houses, The Simpson house was one... I wasn't quick enough to cancel it, at least it wasn't that many donuts but still, ugh! :evil:
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014
    I also get in a hurry and accidentally click on donuts to speed things up. You would think I would learn after the first four or five times, LOL!
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Thats tragic :(
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited June 2014
    yea ive wasted doughnuts serveral times speeding up houses on accident why the heck a brown house cost 2 to speed and other higher paying things also 2 is byond me.
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:

I recall if you squashed enough gremlins during the first Halloween update, you get prizes. I recall the mausoleum being one of the prizes you can earn. I have two of them, meaning I bought one with donuts and got the other one free.
    I thought Gremlins were from 2013? If they were there in 2012 also, my memory sucks.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:

I thought Gremlins were from 2013? If they were there in 2012 also, my memory sucks.

2012 had gremlins, 2013 had tappers squash ghosts for goo.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.