EA Forums - Banner

Is there any going back from the bomb?

I think button is disabled at moment but I wiped my second non premium account it does give you 3 warnings :)

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I know there were several layers of warnings ... That said, I DO think it should have been placed in a much less accessible spot.

One option would have been to add it to the "decorations" menu .... At the very very end, past all the other junk. The "decorations" menu would be best imho, because it is so freakin long that it takes forever to get to the end by "mistake"

Treat it as an "item" I would need to scroll a looooong way to even get to ... And THEN, if I select it, have all those layers of warnings. Or, better still, a separate PIN number.

But at LEAST dont put it where it was. ANYTHING to get it off the main screen! These screens are already cluttered with action buttons.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess you could always go to the support chat and ask for a backup to be restored.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited June 2014
    Will the nuclear option store items that are otherwise non storable? Like fences, etc?
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Do we know if EA intends on fixing it and reissuing it? The only thing that can fix my second town is the second big kablooie.
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited June 2014
    Do we know if EA intends on fixing it and reissuing it? The only thing that can fix my second town is the second big kablooie.

I hope they bring it back but like Annette said it just CANT be on the main screen. I think within the build menu would be fine and I think you should have to enter your login password. That keeps hooligans from screwing your game up as a prank or whatever. And I mean both ghost visitors who take over your town virtually or real life frenemies.
  • coookies58
    73 posts
    edited June 2014
    I didn't see a problem with where it was, and they give you a ton of warning before proceeding. If you do it by accident it would be really your own fault for not reading anything. I like the option and hope they bring it back. I know I will never do another big re deco without it.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    coookies58 wrote:
    I didn't see a problem with where it was, and they give you a ton of warning before proceeding. If you do it by accident it would be really your own fault for not reading anything. I like the option and hope they bring it back. I know I will never do another big re deco without it.

I agree about the warnings, and I agree about it being my own fault. But that shouldn't change the fact that it was poorly placed.
    There are two separate concepts at work: "reason" and "excuse" ..

If I am driving and a tree branch completely covers a stop sign from my view, and I do not stop, the law allows me to use the covered stop sign as an EXCUSE.

If I am driving and a tree branch only partially covers a stop sign, I will not be able to use that as an excuse, even if -- in my case -- the branch was the REASON.

So, one way to make it less likely that someone will end up crushed by a car while crossing a street, it would be smart to keep all stop signs unobstructed. The guy crushed under the car couldn't care less who was liable. It doesn't help HIM that the law has someone to blame. He just wishes it had not happened.

So, yes, those multiple warnings on that "nuke" make it my own fault for blowing up my town. If I'm chasing Sideshow Bob and get too eager and miss the warnings, i have no EXCUSE. But the location of the button was still the REASON. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    If they haven't fixed that thing with people getting into the wrong town (I know they said they did, but I still hear reports of it), I'd rather not have a nuke button. Someone suggested a pin confirmation before nuking. Or maybe just type your password?

Reminds me of the Unix command,

rm -rf *

And rm by default ain't asking if you meant it. :) Bye-bye entire file system from there down. :-o

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.