EA Forums - Banner

Boardwalk fountains

I've seen them in other towns. It looks nice, but I'm not going to spend my donuts on one.

You can't have three. You can only have one.

It is boardwalk-only.

Replies

• richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited June 2014
    75 donuts for a fountain is a tad too rich for my tastes, but the animation ive seen in friends towns looked okay.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014
    I like it, but you can only have one. It ls a simple pattern of one row after another and you can turn it 2 ways. Now off to watch my fountain and make sure I'm right. I'll edit if I'm not.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    I've seen them in other towns. It looks nice, but I'm not going to spend my donuts on one.

It is boardwalk-only.

I've seen other towns with more than one. Why would they limit that?
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Seems an odd decision by EA to allow only one of these, since I bet people would buy multiples if they could to create elaborate fountain arrangements. My only Squidport premium is the basketball game, and I probably won't be buying the fountain for that many donuts!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    Seems an odd decision by EA to allow only one of these, since I bet people would buy multiples if they could to create elaborate fountain arrangements. My only Squidport premium is the basketball game, and I probably won't be buying the fountain for that many donuts!

I certainly won't be if you can only have one! Boo to that! I wanted to design something cool. I also think they would look good with city hall..,.
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It is boardwalk-only.

My memory ain't what it used to be, but seems I read here once that there was a time in the beginning that you could get more than one. Maybe that wasn't about the fountain. But ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    the animation is cool. it shoots cascading jets of water every other second. here's mine:

UEx3zOx.jpg

yeah, too bad you can only have one. it looks small and dinky there by itself. (but it's probably better for me anyway b/c i don't have the donuts right now.)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    75 donuts for a fountain is a tad too rich for my tastes, but the animation ive seen in friends towns looked okay.

Same here. Too costly.

I put Homer's car there, because that's what he did in the episode. SC is me.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It is boardwalk-only.

I'm not sure why it's limited to one.
    If you've seen towns with more... Well, I don't like to throw accusations around.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

It is boardwalk-only.

If you've seen towns with more... Well, I don't like to throw accusations around.

It's more then one town though. Maybe the previous poster was right, not limited before? I have a couple neighbours that had three on their boardwalk :?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It's more then one town though. Maybe the previous poster was right, not limited before? I have a couple neighbours that had three on their boardwalk :?
    An Addicts article from August of last year indicates it's limited to one per game. Squidport was released in June. There's a narrow window in there where it might not have been limited, but I can't find information about multiples that isn't related to... Well, you know.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

An Addicts article from August of last year indicates it's limited to one per game. Squidport was released in June. There's a narrow window in there where it might not have been limited, but I can't find information about multiples that isn't related to... Well, you know.

Or it glitched. Like what is happening to people in Stonecutters that have multiples of items.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i really like the fountain, but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on the donuts...Luckily the regular fountains can be placed on SP
  • bkopp1
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I bought one pretty quickly because I liked the way it looks in neighbors towns. I remember I tried to buy another but the game would not allow it.
    It would be cool to have a few together to make a larger fountain area.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Dam, guess that mystery is solved :-/. Well I'm not gonna buy just one. Lame sauce.
  • Kiutre
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I started playing last summer on Android and at that time you could indeed have more than one water fountain. In fact my "other springfield" had 3 of them for the first few weeks I played. I wasn't at the level that I could buy them before they changed the rules to only having one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!