EA Forums - Banner

Five letter anagram-switch game

Replies

• KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    Shred.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • Swear

Sadly saying it is not as satisfying / therapeutic as doing it.

• KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Swear

Sadly saying it is not as satisfying / therapeutic as doing it.

Ooooh... :#:#:# you changed 2 letters at the same time, it's gone wrong again, someone else has dropped a tray of crockery somewhere and everyone has sarcastically cheered them and a butterfly has flapped it's wings because it's in a chaos phase and we're not allowed out the house because another one 'ill flap as well... aarrgghhh...

Although you do have a point.
    But it should have followed Shred.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • Erase
  • Darn technology, I was following "Dares" but your post rolled over to the next page & my device didn't spot it, stoopid Flanders!
    I think the same happened last week over on the other following game thread, I think best practice might be to tap the "Last page" tab every time before I start typing in future.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Normal service will be resumed in.............

Probably never. 🤯🤕
  • Yeah, definitely rolling over is where it's done.
    My Shred is gone and now we're on Erase, no one's following me, if I was a facebooker and not being followed and poked I would probably take it personally.
    :p
  • Apparently in "Teenspeak" I should be stoked to be pinged, liked or poked..........Sounds more like a trip to the doctors to me though. 😷 Cough!
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited February 9
    Laser.

My God, how hard was that, I used to run a couple of water cooled laser welders as well and yet I had to look in a book to get ideas, but I knew one all along.
    Duh. :p:p:p

One of the engineers told me, Light Amplification Stimulation by Emitting Radiation, didn't know that, I thought someone just thought it sounded cool.
    :D:D:D
  • Loser!

Not you @KLmaker, just carrying on with the game thread, honestly. 😜

I would never be one to cast such nasturtiums upon an esteemed fellow contributor. 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Solar
  • Lorus.

I would never be one to cast such nasturtiums upon an esteemed fellow contributor. 😂😂😂😂😂

Steemed when I've got my feet in hot water, don't know about otherwise though, nah definitely not me.
  • Slurs.

See what I did there? Followed the word & referenced the casting of nasturtiums comment...

Where's the bloody emoji for smug face?

Oh this one will have to do. 😏
  • Lures.

I read smug face emoji in between the lines. LOL.
    You lured me into that reply. :p
  • *IMPORTANT UPDATE *

I have just been informed by my resident teenager/social media spirit guide , as he was currently "between screens" so couldn't help himself from looking at mine (honestly they're like light bulbs to moths), that I am now officially too old to use emojis.

Apparently there's a whole set of rules and accepted etiquette involved and you can't just send one that you think looks like how you're feeling, because they all have hidden meanings based on the context of the message and relationship with the recipient.

For example, the 😏 that I mistakenly used to indicate a feeling of smugness would in the context that I used it be construed as a "flirt" emoji.

Accordingly therefore, I humbly apologise to anybody out there who was either offended or aroused unintentionally by my reckless and wanton emojiing.

I shall henceforth endeavour to restrict my emoji usage to essential purposes only, (I could quit any time if I wanted to, honestly) and subject myself to periodic emoji audits by the aforementioned teenager.
    I also have to publicly apologise to him for my attempt at ironic humour when I asked him if there was a book that I could look all this up in.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. 👍
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited February 11
    ...or aroused unintentionally by my reckless and wanton emojiing.
    Well... I did... you know... have a little chuckle to myself, yeah, let's call it a chuckle.
    :D:D:D:D

I also have to publicly apologise to him for my attempt at ironic humour when I asked him if there was a book that I could look all this up in.
    Don't be silly everyone knows that's online now, you know, you get something, you read the instructions and it says "For full instructions visit the website".
    You should have asked him to ping you the link, and when he replies there isn't one you say something like, don't tell me there's a book that would be much better.

Sorry for going off topic, the word is.

Lures.
  • Thank you for liking my post of shame whoever did so, unless it was a "cynical like", yes apparently that's a thing now too, kinda like the online equivalent of a slow hand clap.
    Honestly I don't remember falling down a rabbit hole, drinking from a bottle on a table or having tea with some crazy in a hat but I seriously don't recognise the world that boy lives in.
    I think him and the caterpillar must be smoking something seriously psychoactive in that there pipe.

Anyway, with all these teenager references as inspiration I'll see your Lures and raise you a:......

Surly.

• Slurp...
  • Purrs.

Nah, keep with the emojis, it's more fun that way.
  • Turps.

I'd rather drink that than the Bells Whisky on the other thread. 😝

• KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Sprit.

@TheRealTiminator
    I think the Bells was a raffle prize, so rather than waste it. :(:p
    Post edited by KLmaker on