EA Forums - Banner

23 Hour Day, Please

FarmerCyn wrote:
Okay, I don't mean really change the length of the day, but could we please have only 23 hours between neighbor clicks.

Once again, after wait for the time, I was going thru my whole neighbor list and once again I kept running into having to wait 10 seconds for the next neighbor to clear. If the time was 23 hours, it would stop the crawl of moving up the time to tap and it would allow for the variance among how long it takes to tap a neighbor.

Please consider it EA. Thanks

That would be great!

Or midnight to midnight, local time. Any time during Saturday, I can visit, then any time during Sunday, etc. (Eg, Saturday evening and then Sunday morning.) Just so long as it is only one visit to each neighbor per calendar day.

Replies

• coookies58
    73 posts
    edited June 2014
    FarmerCyn wrote:
    Okay, I don't mean really change the length of the day, but could we please have only 23 hours between neighbor clicks.

Once again, after wait for the time, I was going thru my whole neighbor list and once again I kept running into having to wait 10 seconds for the next neighbor to clear. If the time was 23 hours, it would stop the crawl of moving up the time to tap and it would allow for the variance among how long it takes to tap a neighbor.

I like it, but that would be a pretty big change in the game files. Doubt it happens.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014

Or midnight to midnight, local time. Any time during Saturday, I can visit, then any time during Sunday, etc. (Eg, Saturday evening and then Sunday morning.) Just so long as it is only one visit to each neighbor per calendar day.
    That's good idea, too. I would like that solution as well :)
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    Definitely something I would like to see added to the game. Lately they seem to be adding think to make gameplay easier, like with the character finder and town census, so maybe in the future.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014
    coookies58 wrote:

I like it, but that would be a pretty big change in the game files. Doubt it happens.
    They recently changed the length of No.1's task. I know it isn't quite the same, but shows they can alter times. Maybe if we just believe :wink:
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    FarmerCyn wrote:

That's good idea, too. I would like that solution as well :)

I think this might be easier for EA to do than the 23-hour time break. I'm all for it, too.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I too have the creeping reset time for visiting friends. Events make it worse, what with the searching towns for something special.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The best thing would be if they used Family Guy's 20 hour clock.
  • HQmer
    81 posts
    edited June 2014
    The Family Guy game has 20 hour days between visits.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    FarmerCyn wrote:

That would be great!

yes that's the one I would like. Weekends I wake later and it really stuffs up my visiting.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Following the Family guy rules :twisted: You see that wall in front of you, introduce it to your head :P EA don't want to be seen to ripping of other games, to much pride.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    That's exactly the reason why I don't give 3 taps on each neighbor's town... You gotta wait for 24 hr before u can tap again.

This is the drawback for those of u who try to be "nice guys" by giving every friends 3 taps each.

If u still want to tap for vacant SC lodge to earn 5 emblems, u must always keep at least 1 tap remaining in each town.

As I said before, and I'm saying it again: Don't blame me for being selfish, blame the game designer!
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'd be happy with any of these suggestions...midnight reset (Local or GMT) or somewhere between 20-23 hours. My visiting start time has been creeping later and later (thanks to falling asleep early one evening), I visited around 4am a few times and now my times are all over the place.

I would prefer a once a day reset, no preference as to the time zone.
  • mycosmsea
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    That's exactly the reason why I don't give 3 taps on each neighbor's town... You gotta wait for 24 hr before u can tap again.

This is the drawback for those of u who try to be "nice guys" by giving every friends 3 taps each.

If u still want to tap for vacant SC lodge to earn 5 emblems, u must always keep at least 1 tap remaining in each town.

As I said before, and I'm saying it again: Don't blame me for being selfish, blame the game designer!

In case you didn't know, your 24 hour timer starts as soon as you make that first tap. So, one tap or three, it is all the same timeframe.
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see a 23 hour visitors clock. The 24 hour clock pushes the visit time back so that I end up missing a visit about once every 10 days. I would like to have the extra hour to keep my visit time at about the same time every day.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    20-23 hour reset would be awesome. I love the 20 hour reset in family Guy. It makes it SO EASY to visit every day, around the same time. I have a limited window in the evening to visit, and this 24 hour thing keeps putting my time back later and later. So, at most, I end up only visiting 5-6 times a week.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited June 2014
    i have to strongly agree!! the 20hrs that FGQFS has its wicked nice as it allows you to have much more control over the time.. the 24 hour thing makes it alwayssssss creeeeeep further ahead everyday, even by 30 secs if ur not careful
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!