EA Forums - Banner

What kind of friend stats do you track? (If none, do not bother reading.)

Prev1
That's some nerdy tapped out playin'. :shock: Whatever helps you I suppose.

Replies

• patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I only tracked for 1 week, and only tracked visits to my town - if they didn't visit me at all in the week, I gave up on them. 25% of my neighbors did not visit during that week (we were about a week into the event). I tracked because I didn't want to delete anyone without reason.

And yes - your stats are interesting!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    patzmcm wrote:
    I only tracked for 1 week, and only tracked visits to my town - if they didn't visit me at all in the week, I gave up on them. 25% of my neighbors did not visit during that week (we were about a week into the event). I tracked because I didn't want to delete anyone without reason.

And yes - your stats are interesting!

Thanks. I played my first 6 months keeping no records at all. But this event made it clear some of my friends are not playing. Or they are playing (their towns are clear of pyramids) but they don't visit me. I cannot trust that in-game thing that says when they last played. I've heard that means any Origin game. So I'll be keep stats for awhile and replacing some with forum regulars. It will take time.

• annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For those that keep spreadsheets to track visits, since you are going to the trouble to do that, do you also keep other stats?

My stats for today if you are interested.

100 friends. Stats over the last 15 days.

Emblems for today. Start of 6/21
    Average Emblems: 20,049
    Max Emblems: 58,669
    Min Emblems: 0
    Standard Deviation: 10,987

Average visitors in a day: 41
    Standard Deviation: 21
    Yeah, not good. I'm working this.

Average level: 38
    Min level: 9
    Max level: 42
    Standard Deviation: 8

Cheers!

Where are the medians falling? (Or does the fact I'm asking that prove I don't understand averages as well as I thought.)

BTW, in case you have never seen it, there's a wonderful book titled "How to Lie With Statistics" by Darrell Huff, written in 1954. A cartoon introduction that is priceless because it is super- informative and entertaining! My favorite type of humor. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For those that keep spreadsheets to track visits, since you are going to the trouble to do that, do you also keep other stats?

Cheers!

Where are the medians falling? (Or does the fact I'm asking that prove I don't understand averages as well as I thought.)

BTW, in case you have never seen it, there's a wonderful book titled "How to Lie With Statistics" by Darrell Huff, written in 1954. A cartoon introduction that is priceless because it is super- informative and entertaining! My favorite type of humor. :)

Asking that means you do understand, and you are as silly as me about it!
    Median level: 42
    Median Emblems: 17705
    Median Visits: 33 a day

Yes, I have that book. Love it!

• patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Annette - I thought I might see you pop up here - you seem to be a numbers nut (and I mean that in the nicest of ways!) in this event!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Got some stats for us Annette?
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Average number of times per week that Annette cooks dinner during TSTO events:
    Median: 0
    Mean: 0
    Mode: 0
    Standard deviation: 0

Average number of times per week that Annette cooks dinner when there is NOT a TSTO event:

Number of times Annette has cooked ANY meal since her wedding (January 3, 1976) :
    (I did make lasagna 3 times, but those are known as"outliers")

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited June 2014
    I wish I could keep better track. Unfortunately with work (and life in general) I often find myself with just one or two minutes to check in at various points throughout the day. I usually have a solid 30 minutes of break to tap and another hour at night, but with the 4 number one tasks and clearing out "spies" I have to try to make a few minutes here or there to log in and get to it. I considered trying not to clear friend taps during those visits so that I could clear them when I have more time to sit and account for them all, but then instead of getting 4-5 emblems each I'd be getting 1-2 each, and that's not quite worth it. I think once this event is over I will try to keep such a log, because i take the time to visit each and every one of my neighbors every day and yet I know some of them do not return the favor, which just isn't right.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Average number of times per week that Annette cooks dinner when there is NOT a TSTO event:

Number of times Annette has cooked ANY meal since her wedding (January 3, 1976) :

LOL! (P.s. Don't believe it.)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014

:lol:

You do remember to eat, right? :)
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Cheers!
    That's awesome! They should keep those sort of stats in the game. I deleted everyone with 0 emblems last week except for 1 real life friend. I always debate deleting low level friends but I usually don't. I'd say since the new FP prize was added my visits have been cut in half. People will visit for the chance of a donut but will not for 1 FP
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2014

lucky you if the hubby cooks. I make a mean lasagna myself. Just open the freezer, remove the box, remove the box that the lasagna is in, and bake according to pkg directions.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited June 2014
    How do keeping stats like this increase your success in the game? I'm not having any trouble with the event, so I'm not sure how spending that much time tracking things would help.
  • DeinonSlayer
    97 posts
    edited June 2014
    I give it a 32.33, repeating of course, chance of improvement.
  • sizzlefork
    61 posts
    edited June 2014

I track visitors, but not their playing & town statistics.

100 friends, but not all friends lists are created equal. I still get visits from neighbors I had long deleted. So, even without considering intra-day deletions and additions, there is a theoretical maximum of 105 visits per day.

Also, I've deleted and replaced 15 neighbors in that time.

Keeping that in mind, since the start of Stonecutters, I'm averaging 61.6 visitors a day. Std dev is 13.5, but this is artificially high and, furthermore, not a good measure of visitor volatility because of the way I track. My game "day" ends the last time I clear the neighbor taps before going to bed, which can vary wildly. The average is obviously not affected by this.

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    How do keeping stats like this increase your success in the game? I'm not having any trouble with the event, so I'm not sure how spending that much time tracking things would help.

You start keeping track of each visitor. You find that only 25% of your neighbors are visiting you regularly and giving you three taps. You replace the other 75%. Perhaps some of the new neighbors will be regular visitors. You repeat the process until you're happy with the percentage of regular visitors.

If you have 25 neighbors giving you three taps per day, you are getting 375 emblems. If you had 100 doing it, you would be making 1500 emblems. This would get you to the final prize faster. After that, more emblems mean more donuts.

The question you ask yourself: Are the potential extra donuts worth the hassle?
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014
    Wow, those are some awesome stats!

@ and feel like clearing some dead wood. I usually just record who has visited over a three day period. If you haven't visited over 3 days, you are gone, unless you have a message in your SF that you are away.

It seems to work for me. I usually check once during each event.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited June 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    jraffa50 wrote:

You start keeping track of each visitor. You find that only 25% of your neighbors are visiting you regularly and giving you three taps. You replace the other 75%. Perhaps some of the new neighbors will be regular visitors. You repeat the process until you're happy with the percentage of regular visitors.

If you have 25 neighbors giving you three taps per day, you are getting 375 emblems. If you had 100 doing it, you would be making 1500 emblems. This would get you to the final prize faster. After that, more emblems mean more donuts.

The question you ask yourself: Are the potential extra donuts worth the hassle?

Yeah that's the question. I have a feel for who is active and who isn't. I suppose that in an event where you could get donuts at the end it would be worth it. But for the ones where there are just prizes, I know I'm eventually going to get them so for me I'm not sure I'm willing to go through the hassle just to get there faster.

If I have to get a spreadsheet involved I might as well be at the office. For me I want to keep a game from becoming work.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:

This event is really easy. I've already made it past 37,000 emblems. Got my 3 donuts today.

If you seriously want an answer I can tell you, but I don't want to argue about it.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, those are some awesome stats!

@ and feel like clearing some dead wood. I usually just record who has visited over a three day period. If you haven't visited over 3 days, you are gone, unless you have a message in your SF that you are away.

It seems to work for me. I usually check once during each event.

I never kept stats before. I don't plan on keeping stats of game progress anymore. I was just in there today and thought people would be interested. The people playing but not visiting me was the bug up my ...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!