EA Forums - Banner

Wasps, how I hate thee

Prev1
Arg. I hate them. They are evil.
They like to buzz around and land on your head, you go to brush it off and it stings you, runs and tells all it's friends, then brings them back to sting you over and over. Arg!

Funny thing about wasp allergies to is that even if you are not born with it, if you get stung repetitively you can develop the allergy.
They can be so much more dangerous than we give them credit for.

Hope your fumigating works!

Replies

• simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    That happened to me once. My grandma had wasps going in a side hole on the old unused gas grill so I opened it thinking there was a small little mud nest with all the holes in it like they make under overhangs but no, the entire inside was a complete nest with hundreds of wasps. I slammed the lid and ran so fast LOL
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Oh god, how terrifying!! This one is big but not like that big. We used the grill jut a couple weeks ago so I think it's new. We are gonna light that sucker up tonight!
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm allergic to them also so I know how ya feel.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Wasps should all burn! (Except one of them, Gary. He's kind of nice.)
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    crosby357 wrote:
    Wasps should all burn! (Except one of them, Gary. He's kind of nice.)

:lol:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    We turned our bbq on as high as it would go and left it for 30. We heard buzzing at first, but none when we came back. Hopefully that did it....
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    Here ya go Pano ;)

7csRcvF.jpg
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    Here ya go Pano ;)

7csRcvF.jpg

:thumbup:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Get your pyromania on- the best solutions I've seen so far online from the grilling people all say to heat it up, let it get hot and smoky and they will die out.

Oh and do it at dusk or dawn, since they wouldn't be able to see to sting whoever tries to light the grill.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    That's exactly what we did. Nest was kinda far back and in the corner so we won't know if it worked until tomorrow. We saw three fly out when we lit it up. So we may have to plug it up for a bit so they can't rebuild.
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Ugh. Be it wasps, hornets, bees, people:) if you mess up a BBQ you deserve what's coming to you:)
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    Here ya go Pano ;)

7csRcvF.jpg
    Now that was hilarious! :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I hate wasps, I'm allergic to them too. August is a bad month for them in this area. :(
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't help feeling sorry for these wasps lol!

• panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    kyaray wrote:
    Ugh. Be it wasps, hornets, bees, people:) if you mess up a BBQ you deserve what's coming to you:)

We would have had bees professionally removed by a bee keeper :)
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    kyaray wrote:

Sorry, you are correct I should not have included bees as they are endangered and extremely important to us.:) I tend to lose rational thought when BBQ is threatened:)
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    kyaray wrote:
    kyaray wrote:

Sorry, you are correct I should not have included bees as they are endangered and extremely important to us.:) I tend to lose rational thought when BBQ is threatened:)

Hahahahahahaha I understand! My husband said he didn't care what what in there they were getting burned. But I checked it out. Wouldn't have let him burn bees. I have this thing where I like eating lol.

On a similar note, we found a burned up black nest in the bbq this morning. We are going to careful hose the crap out of it then drop it in a bucket of water. I am cool with this removal method...
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    kyaray wrote:
    kyaray wrote:

And wasps raid bee hives and steal their honey, then the bee's die because they have no food store for the winter. (I talking of wild bees not thise looked after by a keeper) :(
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    kyaray wrote:
    kyaray wrote:

And wasps raid bee hives and steal their honey, then the bee's die because they have no food store for the winter. (I talking of wild bees not thise looked after by a keeper) :(

Yeah, wasps are natures jerk.
  • mikepellerin60
    490 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Every year, no matter how much I spray, I get a colony of "yellow jackets" behind a window shutter that is near my grill. I've doused it from all sides, but when it wears off...they are back! I hate them.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!