EA Forums - Banner

Should I...

Deverz85 wrote:
I was given an iTunes gift card so I bought a tray of donuts

Problem is I have some change from that.

Question is do I buy a stack of 60 or 5 Golden Scratch-R's for a possible 500

I wasn't so lucky with my golden scratchers . Don't trust anything that's chance based in the game...

Replies

• peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    The Golden Scratchers are a good deal...you win a minimum of 6 donuts for 99 cents. If you buy a dozen donuts outright for $1.99 it's a 1 cent saving to buy two scratchers. If you were planning on a larger quantity, the odds shift...but many report having good luck with the scratchers. I've gotten 100 donuts twice and 50 donuts once, so overall, I am "ahead" having bought scratchers in place of an outright donut purchase.

That said, I would caution against purchasing a Homer Buddha because the promise "a premium item every time" isn't accurate. There's a chance you'll get a mystery box, and we all know what those contain :? A friend spent 15 donuts on a Buddha, received a mystery box and ended up with a parking space.
  • Deverz85
    162 posts
    edited June 2014
    The Golden Scratchers are a good deal...you win a minimum of 6 donuts for 99 cents. If you buy a dozen donuts outright for $1.99 it's a 1 cent saving to buy two scratchers. If you were planning on a larger quantity, the odds shift...but many report having good luck with the scratchers. I've gotten 100 donuts twice and 50 donuts once, so overall, I am "ahead" having bought scratchers in place of an outright donut purchase.

That said, I would caution against purchasing a Homer Buddha because the promise "a premium item every time" isn't accurate. There's a chance you'll get a mystery box, and we all know what those contain :? A friend spent 15 donuts on a Buddha, received a mystery box and ended up with a parking space.

I've already learnt my lesson with Boxes and Buddahs
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited June 2014
    If it was me, I'd just buy the 60. But I don't trust the chance based stuff in this game.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd buy 60. But unless you're buying items from the event , wait to see if Gill comes this summer.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I would buy the scratchers just because I am a gambler at heart, and it's just a bit of fun anyway. But there's no guarantee of a big win......
  • Deverz85
    162 posts
    edited June 2014
    Got 47 with the scratch-r's, Oh well, you win some you lose some.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.