EA Forums - Banner

New Neighbor's List Idea

This would be a really good feature for people with a lot of friends. Smart thinking friend. :)

Replies

• LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Good idea indeed. Right now i alternate front to back/back to front.

Still get to that 100 a day though.
  • Thors_Hammer_UK
    28 posts
    edited June 2014
    Good idea indeed. Right now i alternate front to back/back to front.

Still get to that 100 a day though.

This although If I know I wont have time for 100 during a event I try and get the ones who need it more first.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I just visit all 100 people in one sitting, cant be bothered with spacing the visits out, as long as everyones town(s) get a tap its all that matters :) How you choose to visit everyone is up to that person
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • empathy77
    4192 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have 100 neighbors and I tapped each and every one the them everyday. In truth, it only takes 20 minutes, I do it after dinner.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    I have 100 neighbors and I tapped each and every one the them everyday. In truth, it only takes 20 minutes, I do it after dinner.

Thats pretty good going :) It normally takes me 30mins ish on my iPhone5 to visit all 100, unless im on my iPhone4 then it takes an hr! :evil:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • PiperWyatt
    165 posts
    edited June 2014
    I usually tap all in 1 go. Depends wether my tablet is slow or not from around 40 min to more then an hour, but i mostly watchtv during it so yeah.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    MistyDish wrote:
    I like that our neighbors are listed in alphabetical order. It's neat and orderly. Sometimes, I feel bad for the people at the end of the list. They probably don't get tapped as much as the people with "A" or "B" names.

So, I thought of a cool way to ensure that everyone gets an equal chance. Say you have 75 friends. You tap and tap and stop at #40. 41-75 don't get tapped. Well, the next day when the timer resets, your list begins with "Other Springfield," then the neighbor that you were up to after you stopped tapping at #40.

For example: I tapped #38 tap which is is MistyDish (me). #39 tap is mooblebooble (made up name.) #40 is mypodlover5 (made up name.) #41 is nimbledork (made up name.) Your last tap is mypodlover. The next day when it resets, the first one in your list is nimbledork, then the rest of the alphabet follows. If your last friend's name starts with z, then after his name would start the "A"s, "B"s and so on and so forth...

I think it's wrong to stop tapping before finishing your entire neighbor list during this event. If you don't visit a neighbor, you are depriving them of 15 emblems, and those lost emblems add up over the course of a month. As others have mentioned, visiting during this event is much faster, because all buildings are potentially tappable. You are also accumulating FP, or having the chance to find random donuts after you earn the FP awards.

My advice: if you don't have enough time to be a good neighbor to all, don't have so many neighbors. Personally, I started eliminating my neighbors who were not visiting each day and have been replacing them with those who do. It's making a huge difference in my emblem count, as I have already collected all the prizes and I'm more than half-way to my 3rd donut bonus.

• TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2014
    I visit all 100 daily but yeah that'll work for you guys
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I also generally tap all of mine at one time. Due to lodge tapping, I am tapping at various times of the day. At the end of the event, I will get everybody back on the same schedule. During events that help neighbors, I think you should visit all of your neighbors. When it is just benefiting the tapper, it really makes no difference.
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    Good idea.

What I do is go through my neighbors and see how many emblems they have, and try to help them first, then go to the beginning or end and start scrolling through until I hit them all. I used to have it set up where 1/2 were in the morning, and the other 1/2 were in the evening, but that got screwed up when I couldn't tap for a couple hours in the morning, then I purged people who had not cleared after 2 days and added new people to replace them. Now I have to go through the list multiple times during the day
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014
    I am afraid I am a dark cloud in the sky of your bright idea. I played when the names were in some random and sometimes changing order, it was confusing and I would rename myself zzzztheuntappable before going back to it.

This assumes people tap in an orderly fashion, I don't always. Sometimes I tap whoever tapped me first. By having the list alphabetical, I can find them. Sometimes I jump over people I know aren't there. They have zero whatever and have zero still and the list says they played 4 days ago. Sometimes troubles exist in the code and a neighbors game is crashing mine. I skip them. Sometimes I visit and a neighbor has nothing to do. While I am jealous that their great neighbors filled their town, I am not sure I want them stuck at the front of my list because I didn't click or moved with the group because I visited. Finally what about the games no one is playing, would they slowly be stuck to the front of my list. All I can see happening is slowly but surely the names would become more and more jumbled and find anyone would become a nightmare.

How about instead a sort function is added to the list with the ability to jump to the town from it. I would also like the numbered neighbors total bought back. As we have a limit, it would be nice to know.

I understand why you want this, but please keep the main town display as alphabetical.

Edited: because I need to proof reed better
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    I visit all my 80 something friends at once, but to all the lazy people, this is a good idea! Hire this man (woman?) to EA! Also on the subject, I only have 80 friends, so add me if you want :P Shameless self promotion.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:

And this is what I do also. And also 20 minutes.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    FarmerCyn wrote:
    I am afraid I am a dark cloud in the sky of your bright idea. I played when the names were in some random and sometimes changing order, it was confusing and I would rename myself zzzztheuntappable before going back to it.

This assumes people tap in an orderly fashion, I don't always. Sometimes I tap whoever tapped me first. By having the list alphabetical, I can find them. Sometimes I jump over people I know aren't there. They have zero whatever and have zero still and the list says they played 4 days ago. Sometimes troubles exist in the code and a neighbors game is crashing mine. I skip them. Sometimes I visit and a neighbor has nothing to do. While I am jealous that their great neighbors filled their town, I am not sure I want them stuck at the front of my list because I didn't click or moved with the group because I visited. Finally what about the games no one is playing, would they slowly be stuck to the front of my list. All I can see happening is slowly but surely the names would become more and more jumbled and find anyone would become a nightmare.

How about instead a sort function is added to the list with the ability to jump to the town from it. I would also like the numbered neighbors total bought back. As we have a limit, it would be nice to know.

I understand why you want this, but please keep the main town display as alphabetical.

Edited: because I need to proof reed better

Noticed in another thread that the time they last played means any origin game. :shock:
    They may or may not have played TSTO.

• empathy77
    4192 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:

Thats pretty good going :) It normally takes me 30mins ish on my iPhone5 to visit all 100, unless im on my iPhone4 then it takes an hr! :evil:

If I decide to cycle through once for lodge tapping and then re-cycle through to make sure all my neighbors get the 3 taps, then it could of course double to 40-45 minutes. I usually visit on the iPad when I'm home.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited June 2014
    I don't think EA should change the dynamic of the game because some people have crappy friends who don't visit them. The solution to this problem is get new friends, not alter the game. There are plenty of people looking for friends on this forum alone.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I visit all my neighbours daily, it really doesn't take long. There is usually some down time at work, or I'll visit in the evening, usually while watching TV.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    If they are going to change to order of neighbors, I would rather have it based time. When adding people, I find that I get neighbors on a variety of schedules that aren't in alphabetical order. If they ones that can be clicked were listed first, it would take away the time it takes to find those that are on different schedules. This would have also helped a lot for lodge hunters, since I found that I had people on many different schedules.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014

Noticed in another thread that the time they last played means any origin game. :shock:
    They may or may not have played TSTO.

I noticed that too. That is why your spreadsheets are a much more efficient way to track neighbors. The stats given for neighbors on origin really do not present an accurate picture.

Maybe a bookmark function would help, you can just mark where you left off and have a go to button on the first page.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.