EA Forums - Banner

Is the bowlarama worth the 250 donuts?

Funny, I was just staring at it and then my wallet and wondering the same thing!

Replies

• smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It was to me. I was down to 52 donuts after buying the All Seeing Eye, and decided, what the heck.

Bought 300 donuts, and got myself #51 and Barney. Part of me wishes I would've got Frink first since I'm now at 17 donuts and can't buy his 12 donut Stonecutter's robe unless I own him*.

But man, do I love Barney. He and Otto make my SF MY kinda SF!

* Which is kind of a bummer as I won robes for character's I don't own yet, like Jasper and Disco Stu, and they're in my inventory just waiting for me to splurge again.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    If you have his Plow King Skin, buy him. If you don't and decide to put money on buy two donut character/building combo's.
  • thedownloh
    72 posts
    edited June 2014
    Barney is also voiced! He has some great out door tasks as well.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Worth buying. It has interaction with a few characters, I like Ned's 20hr at bowlaraman.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • kimphuc
    54 posts
    edited June 2014
    Bowlararma costs donuts now?
  • 3SS83
    108 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    If Barney is one of your favourite characters, then he is worth it. The quests and the tasks you can send others on at the bowlarama, plus voiced as others have said. He adds a lot but its still steep.

I will get him myself once day, but not for a while. There are characters far cheaper and more vital to my Springfield.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been meaning to make this post, so thanks!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's definitely worth it! Barney is a must in any Springfield! :D

Besides who can say no to this

lisathebeautyqueen9.png
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    kimphuc wrote:
    Barney's Bowlarama was free, when I got it at 200 Gold coins at 2012 X'mas event.

Now it's available at 250 donuts.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    kimphuc wrote:
    Barney's Bowlarama was free, when I got it at 200 Gold coins at 2012 X'mas event.

Now it's available at 250 donuts.

I got it during that event, so yay but I would say yes. As stated it has got Agee characters that interact with it. I also like its animation when in use.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited June 2014
    To me, Barney was worth the cost. He has lots of outdoor tasks and he's an iconic character.
  • mycosmsea
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Simple question really. I don't have 250 donuts to get it, but is it worth shelling out the cash to get it? Barney is one of my favorite characters, but I've been doing fine without him so far. :?:

If Barney is one of your favorite players then of course it is worth it. As a premium player you should strive to eventually have everything.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For me personally no. I like Barney and all but there are other things I will get first. In fact barney might be the very last thing on the list now. 250 donuts is outrageous and it was free to begin with -not to us android users of course. So, nah, I'm good.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.