EA Forums - Banner

Gil is Selling the Gold Mansion! 6/24

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't see Gil either. Now from the way the show went I'm thinking you have to have done certain things in the L42 quest that I have not done. I've just now started part 1 of Island in the Revenue, and it has 24 hours to go.
  • baskethound
    26 posts
    edited June 2014
    I don't see Gil either. Now from the way the show went I'm thinking you have to have done certain things in the L42 quest that I have not done. I've just now started part 1 of Island in the Revenue, and it has 24 hours to go.

I'm level 36 and Gil offered me the mansion.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Do you have Chester? (Chester J. Lampwick; not the other Chester)
    The guy that came with the rocket car.

[Edit: Clarification.]

• Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Hm, maybe. I haven't done that questline either. Well, at least we won't have to deal with the decision to spend 250 donuts on a house with no character. It is pretty though.
  • baskethound
    26 posts
    edited June 2014

Do you have Chester?

No.
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    WARNING!

Even if you have the donut-spend confirmation on, if you press that pink box that says 250, you will own a gold mansion!

I now own a gold mansion. :oops:

Me too!! :cry:
  • crazyinsanity82
    116 posts
    edited June 2014

I'm level 37 with none of the level 42 premiums. Gil showed up on first login after update download.
  • darrenholm736
    1278 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Completely logged out of my game and logged back on. Still no Gil. I wouldn't buy it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Ah but you're also missing out on the ability to accidentally nuke your Springfield and put absolutely everything into storage...
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I demand Gil show up in my town so I can not take him up on this offer!!!!
  • crazyinsanity82
    116 posts
    edited June 2014
    Not too happy with this 'deal'. Gil showed up, made his offer, and I laughed in his face. I will say that a nice donut sale to go along with this mansion just might make it worth it. It's cool and all, but that price is too high for it to not come with a character.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Completely logged out of my game and logged back on. Still no Gil. I wouldn't buy it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm in the same boat as you. And if it's 250 donuts, I think I'll give it a pass.

EA really dropped the ball here, how many people would've shelled out a lot of donuts for lampwick and the gold mansion and then say another 50? On the rocket car.

• jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I want this so bad, I really do. But no character with it, I most likely will not be getting it. I will wait to see if we receive anything additional Stonecutters.
  • gypcandrews
    114 posts
    edited June 2014
    Gil popped up on my small game but not my large game HELP . I've forced closed the large game and re-entered but nothing. I've got the rest if the update
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    henpot7514 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you. And if it's 250 donuts, I think I'll give it a pass.

EA really dropped the ball here, how many people would've shelled out a lot of donuts for lampwick and the gold mansion and then say another 50? On the rocket car.

That would have made more sense to me. It's Chester's house! It's Chester's car! What were they thinking?

• DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if Gil won't show up if you already have Lampwick, although that wouldn't make any sense at all because if you already have a homeless Lampwick you'll definitely get his house, but then again this is the same company that released that Easter update. So anything goes.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    henpot7514 wrote:

That would have made more sense to me. It's Chester's house! It's Chester's car! What were they thinking?

I would have spent the donuts that way. Bit sad I won't be getting the mansion, but the are better combos for donuts than that
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm kinda glad it's not a donut sale. I bought my first boatload yesterday, and if there was a sale today, I would have flipped. out.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I've bought it :oops: Being i have everything in the game so far it would really annoy the hell out of me if i didnt have it :( that being said 250donuts for one building is crazy! Thought it would be bigger too
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gil deals are meant to be special offers. This is just a rip off. It doesn't even make sense. Why is it a Gil deal?
  • jsbot
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    It must have a multiplier, does anyone know how much?

Nope. Only 2000 to your vanity. And also 3 premium jobs. For Cletus (3h StripCopperFromMansionOfSolidGold), Homer (4h TryToEatTheMansionOfSolidGold Temp) and ChesterLampwick (30m DineOnLiverAndOnions).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.