EA Forums - Banner

Gil is Selling the Gold Mansion! 6/24

Replies

• ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited June 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    WARNING!

Even if you have the donut-spend confirmation on, if you press that pink box that says 250, you will own a gold mansion!

I now own a gold mansion. :oops:

:(

But I'm now headed to your town to see what the thing looks like. :)
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited June 2014
    I kind of like that the Solid Gold Mansion will only appear in some towns because of the price. It's going to be a very rare item... I only hope that Chester has a task with it.
  • darkfoxinvid
    70 posts
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

Gill's not hanging out in the poor Homer towns this time, sorry :D
  • DannyTheElite
    56 posts
    edited June 2014
    Would anyone who has this please add me? I want to see what it looks like.
  • travistown656
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    I bought Lampwick so buying the mansion was a no brainer. I know in total I have spent almost $750 dollars on this game in a year of playing it. EA knows what they are doing and making a crapload of money off complete idiots like myself. I really enjoy the game and having as many characters as possible. The only downside is that I have bought all of the land and cannot make my town any bigger...this really stinks.

Here are my impressions of the mansion thus far...

1) 3 tasks in and the first (2) were Homer trying to eat the mansion thinking there was a chocolate center, then there was a Cletus task to harvest the copper wire. Now there are no new tasks showing as all of my characters are busy except Lampwick...WTH EA?

2) There are no new tasks for Lampwick yet and he cannot even go into his own mansion? How far into the tasks will Lampwick be included or did I just spend over $20 on a solid gold "brown house"? I hope there is more coming as it looks really cool with the rocket car out front and the solid gold money pool in the back, but there better be some interaction with Lampwick soon or I'll raise hell with EA in search of donuts. CS has only been kind enough to give me 12 donuts with multiple glitches and issues in the last year.

• DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    Remember all of that pent-up rage Marge had towards Gil in Kill Gil, Volumes I & II?

That's how I feel now because I still haven't seen him. Give me the option.

Come on EA, I thought you wanted to try to wring as much money out of this game as you possibly could, why not entice me?
  • bizzaro72656
    66 posts
    edited June 2014
    gill never popped up to offer me the deal. this happen to anybody else?
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    g6CHILW.pngkfR65tB.jpg
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited June 2014

:(

But I'm now headed to your town to see what the thing looks like. :)

:? It's near the water, far away from the mountains, right where it'd be nice to have a land expansion. I haven't done anything with it yet.
  • Velfy
    4 posts
    edited June 2014
    Well, I'm now the owner of a mansion I didn't even want.

I had confirm donut spend turned on yet EA ensured that the game would instantly purchased the mansion the second you tapped on the 250 donut icon, centred conveniently in the middle of the screen, ready for anyone impatiently tapping through the conversation to accidentally hit it, not even realising they just accidentally purchased a vanilla building with no additional characters for $20.

EA have done a nice job grabbing donuts off those foolish enough to think that "confirm donut spend: ON" actually meant that you would be asked nicely before you spent 250 of your hard-earned donuts.

But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I bought it the moment Gil appears... No confirmation this time, click and add to your inventory, and say bye bye to 250 donuts.

The first task is 4hr ... to "Make Homer Try to Eat the Mansion of Solid Gold".

I'm amused by Gil's massage if you don't buy it... "The longer this stays on the market, the longer Ol' Gil has a place to secretly crash." ... Gosh, the last sentence is rather threatening, lol.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    g6CHILW.png

I so didnt notice the Dollar sign hedge infront of the building :oops: I just dumped the building in the only space i had left and went back to work, thanks for the pic Simbass :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    gill never popped up to offer me the deal. this happen to anybody else?

Still assuming something else needs to pop before this happens.. again, anyone without Lampwick seen this?

(still won't buy it though)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Roccaine wrote:
    People wanted this Mansion, and they delivered. Just not the price that anyone expected :P

This event brought plenty of free stuff and even extra donuts for us, I don't think we have the right to complain about this.

I agree. They could have charged donuts for several items in this event that many would have paid for. The Stonecutter's Lodge, the table, the pool, the free treasure chest, and the ark, to name a few. In past events, there have sometimes been a long list of community/and/personal prizes, but I cannot recall one that had so MANY that were this good. Most of those events intermingled a lot of crap with a couple of much-desired items.

People are claiming in other threads that by the end of this event they will have won dozens of free donuts. That certainly doesn't change the fact that 250 donuts is a very, very high price for a building, but IMHO all of this should at least be one consideration.

The one thing I disagree with is the complaining part. 250 donuts in five days time is a LOT to ask. I strongly feel that this mansion should be on sale as a permanent item. Give at least a CHANCE for freemium players to save up.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Reports from some Tappers of buying this by accident are quite disconcerting.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014

You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    I bought it the moment Gil appears... No confirmation this time, click and add to your inventory, and say bye bye to 250 donuts.

The first task is 4hr ... to "Make Homer Try to Eat the Mansion of Solid Gold".

I'm amused by Gil's massage if you don't buy it... "The longer this stays on the market, the longer Ol' Gil has a place to secretly crash." ... Gosh, the last sentence is rather threatening, lol.

That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

My crashes are no secret. See trophy list below.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2014

You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

Thanks Tapper. Assumed that was the case.
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited June 2014

I have Chester and Gil is nowhere to be found.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.