EA Forums - Banner

Gil is Selling the Gold Mansion! 6/24

Replies

  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Velfy wrote:
    Well, I'm now the owner of a mansion I didn't even want.

    I had confirm donut spend turned on yet EA ensured that the game would instantly purchased the mansion the second you tapped on the 250 donut icon, centred conveniently in the middle of the screen, ready for anyone impatiently tapping through the conversation to accidentally hit it, not even realising they just accidentally purchased a vanilla building with no additional characters for $20.

    EA have done a nice job grabbing donuts off those foolish enough to think that "confirm donut spend: ON" actually meant that you would be asked nicely before you spent 250 of your hard-earned donuts.

    But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.

    I'd complain, try and get some donuts. Screw them.
  • Snakeyees
    2344 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

    You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

    you are incorrect I did not buy Chester lampwick and I have the offer in my town but seriously 250 donuts for a building with no character then another hundred twenty with the character and some lame * rocket car that doesn't do anything but shoot flames and thats only when you tap it. you can't put it on a street, another pointless decoration I'm still on the fence if i will buy it, seeing how I have almost everything in the game it would be a nice addition to my town but man I can't justify the price.
  • Iluvdoughnuts
    36 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i got the update no gil what gives?
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

    You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

    you are incorrect I did not buy Chester lampwick and I have the offer in my town but seriously 250 donuts for a building with no character then another hundred twenty with the character and some lame * rocket car that doesn't do anything but shoot flames and thats only when you tap it. you can't put it on a street, another pointless decoration I'm still on the fence if i will buy it, seeing how I have almost everything in the game it would be a nice addition to my town but man I can't justify the price.

    Weird, so ****? It's dumb anyway. Save your donuts.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

    You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

    I have Chester and Gil is nowhere to be found.

    Me too.

    Sooooo not buying it though!
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dhlennon wrote:
    Reports from some Tappers of buying this by accident are quite disconcerting.

    No it's not. How big does the button need to be?
    Can't always have someone to blame for the stupidity of others.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2014
    So I need rocket car to get gold mansion? This does not compute. Esp since I have 420+ donuts

    Will read the rest of the pgs to see if it could be something eles
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dhlennon wrote:
    Reports from some Tappers of buying this by accident are quite disconcerting.

    No it's not. How big does the button need to be?
    Can't always have someone to blame for the stupidity of others.

    Was only responding to others' complaints. Not having seen it myself, if its a normal TSTO dialog then more fool them. I was under the impression that something 'snide' was happening! Fair point A_KidAndHisCape
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    I demand Gil show up in my town so I can not take him up on this offer!!!!
    yes, me too.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, I got Gil, but I don't have Lampwick and am not getting him. I thank the Great One Above that I did not tap the screen, although it probably wouldn't have mattered since I have fewer than 250 donuts at the moment.

    If I *had* tapped it by accident and gotten stuck with it, EA would be hearing from me RIGHT NOW, let me tell you. No way in H-E-L-L would I buy that. I just spent 250 on Barney and the bowling alley, which at least is 2-for-1 and a classic character. This? Meh.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    Velfy wrote:
    Well, I'm now the owner of a mansion I didn't even want.

    I had confirm donut spend turned on yet EA ensured that the game would instantly purchased the mansion the second you tapped on the 250 donut icon, centred conveniently in the middle of the screen, ready for anyone impatiently tapping through the conversation to accidentally hit it, not even realising they just accidentally purchased a vanilla building with no additional characters for $20.

    EA have done a nice job grabbing donuts off those foolish enough to think that "confirm donut spend: ON" actually meant that you would be asked nicely before you spent 250 of your hard-earned donuts.

    But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.
    Go into a live chat with EA, see if you could get your 250 donuts back. Maybe they will even let you keep the mansion.
  • michaelstas
    17 posts
    edited June 2014
    For al those who don't have gil in their town this is what ea said

    Let me inform you "Gil Gunderson is a non-controllable character that randomly appears in the player's Springfield to offer the player special limited-time deals to encourage the purchase of Donuts. If Gil's offer contains items that cannot be purchased multiple times, like the Springfield Sign or the Volcano Lair , and the player already possesses at least one of those items, Gil will not show in that player's town
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2014
    4-crying.gif
    Gil doesn't like me. Think I'll crawl in a hole and die now.
    laughing_smiley.gif
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    For al those who don't have gil in their town this is what ea said

    Let me inform you "Gil Gunderson is a non-controllable character that randomly appears in the player's Springfield to offer the player special limited-time deals to encourage the purchase of Donuts. If Gil's offer contains items that cannot be purchased multiple times, like the Springfield Sign or the Volcano Lair , and the player already possesses at least one of those items, Gil will not show in that player's town

    Well they weren't any help at all then.

    This is just for the Solid Gold House and nothing else. It's not a reduced price on a combo buy.

  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    How can we get a new house, but it DOESN'T help the indolence!?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014

    The one thing I disagree with is the complaining part. 250 donuts in five days time is a LOT to ask. I strongly feel that this mansion should be on sale as a permanent item. Give at least a CHANCE for freemium players to save up.

    I agree with this 100%, making it limited time is a extremely unfair to freemium players, there is no chance of them saving up 250 donuts, in particular, they may have already used the majority of free donuts they had to get Chester Lampwick and the rocket car originally, therefore, leaving them with only a handful of donuts left (if that). I've enjoyed every aspect of EA's releases since the beginning of The Stonecutters up until this one with Gil. It's a huge and unfair mistake to make it limited time, it shoudl either have been released with CL, or released as a permanent premium item. I'm not freemium, as i've said, dropping £14 (or $20 in the US i think it is) for one item just isn't worth it, or right to ask that of any player. Sadly, for me, it's undone all the good work EA have put in with the Stonecutters event to restore a lot of lost faith in EA, and in the game in general. These are just my thoughts though, and although probably disliked and ridiculed by many, speak some words of truth that i'm sure someone will understand somewhere...
  • Blayshy
    36 posts
    edited June 2014
    For those who complain that EA made the Mansion too pricey, well... I found a Tapped Out-like who was selling +$20 items IN 2 DAYS OFFERS ONLY. And they annoy you until you buy the items.

    At least, EA is just making an offer you can easily refuse.
  • Blayshy
    36 posts
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:

    The one thing I disagree with is the complaining part. 250 donuts in five days time is a LOT to ask. I strongly feel that this mansion should be on sale as a permanent item. Give at least a CHANCE for freemium players to save up.

    I agree with this 100%, making it limited time is a extremely unfair to freemium players, there is no chance of them saving up 250 donuts, in particular, they may have already used the majority of free donuts they had to get Chester Lampwick and the rocket car originally, therefore, leaving them with only a handful of donuts left (if that). I've enjoyed every aspect of EA's releases since the beginning of The Stonecutters up until this one with Gil. It's a huge and unfair mistake to make it limited time, it shoudl either have been released with CL, or released as a permanent premium item. I'm not freemium, as i've said, dropping £14 (or $20 in the US i think it is) for one item just isn't worth it, or right to ask that of any player. Sadly, for me, it's undone all the good work EA have put in with the Stonecutters event to restore a lot of lost faith in EA, and in the game in general. These are just my thoughts though, and although probably disliked and ridiculed by many, speak some words of truth that i'm sure someone will understand somewhere...

    Your melodramatism is killing me.
    This is something you aren't obliged to buy. Why are you torturing yourself with that? Forget that and move on.
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited June 2014




    "I've had a cold, so..."
    "So you hear **** as Gs?"
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if Gil won't show up if you already have Lampwick, although that wouldn't make any sense at all because if you already have a homeless Lampwick you'll definitely get his house, but then again this is the same company that released that Easter update. So anything goes.
    Make sure to tap the character box on the upper left hand corner and to clear up all incoming exclamation points. I thought Gil had skipped my town after showing up in my alternative and then after I clicked number 1's box Gil showed up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.