EA Forums - Banner

Captured a pic of a dropped donut being auto collected

Prev1
This has been around since Feb when they introduced FP to the game. Anytime you max out on FP, you get donuts.

I got 3 this morning (and amazingly all a few neighbors apart from each other).

Replies

  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    This has been around since Feb when they introduced FP to the game. Anytime you max out on FP, you get donuts.

    I got 3 this morning (and amazingly all a few neighbors apart from each other).

    Exactly. I get them all the time also. Just thought people would like a pic of it. Probably not the first pic of it on this forum, but could not find with search.
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't think I got any yesterday, but I got 2 the day before. That's the way it goes sometimes. :-)
  • Steves1983
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    I finished the FP's today and went on to get more of these sweets. My 60 stonecutter emblems were already finished when I got another one from on building of the three taps. I assume that stonecutter should be a donut instead. I'm confused. Did somebody experienced that too? :?:
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    I got my first 2 donuts this morning from visiting neighbors :D maxed out friends points yesterday morning
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Mmmmm, premium currency.

    Congrats!
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    I wound up getting 3 total donuts this morning.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited June 2014
    This is one of the best features to be introduced to the game, imo.

    I got the radio station a couple days ago and for two days, no donuts; not a big deal or anything, I've experienced longer friend-donut droughts. But I had 117 freemium donuts, I've been saving them since Easter to get Otto. I got one yesterday. I think I'll get him today - I'm approaching the level up bonus and the Stonecutters secret bonus! yay for me!
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited June 2014
    Nice picture. I enjoyed seeing it :)

    I have gotten both an emblem and a donut on a single tap, but only once. I usually get one free donut a day. Got to love free donuts.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    FarmerCyn wrote:
    Nice picture. I enjoyed seeing it :)

    I have gotten both an emblem and a donut on a single tap, but only once. I usually get one free donut a day. Got to love free donuts.

    Glad you enjoyed the pic!
  • 4junk3000
    5315 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice capture, particularly with the android tab, they are hard to catch.

    I never see that donut! The only way i know I've gotten some this way is by looking at my donut count before and after my neighbor sweep. I'll notice i got some but not who from.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Contrary to the, probably tongue in cheek, post someone made yesterday that claims of dropped donuts while visiting friends was a ploy to get people to visit all their friends... I managed yesterday to capture a pic of such a donut. I probably just made the pic capture. On my device you have to hold two buttons for about 2 secs before it takes the pic. And auto collect is now on 5 secs. Right after it was gone, text saying "+1 donuts" scrolls up the screen. No way am I fast enough to capture that!

    jiX3LZd.png

    [Edit: Title to clarify.]

    Pic confirms your statement. Well played.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I just picked up a tab 4 yesterday, and was wondering how to do screen caps. Now I know that I need to wait 2 seconds. :D
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    I just picked up a tab 4 yesterday, and was wondering how to do screen caps. Now I know that I need to wait 2 seconds. :D

    It depends on the device. On my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 you have to hold the power button and home button at the same time for 2 seconds. And I can only get it to work by rotating the device 90 degrees to the left; i.e. portrait mode.
    It then puts the pic both in the clipboard and in an album in the gallery.

    I've heard other devices you the power button and volume button.

    Good luck with it!
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ain't nothing more satisfying than a free donut!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Nice capture, particularly with the android tab, they are hard to catch.

    I never see that donut! The only way i know I've gotten some this way is by looking at my donut count before and after my neighbor sweep. I'll notice i got some but not who from.

    Thanks!

    Bunny on addicts says she never sees them either, and she only knows she gets them like you are doing it.

    Also, if the volume is up you can hear Homer say "Mmmmmm, premium currency." At least on my device you can.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Contrary to the, probably tongue in cheek, post someone made yesterday that claims of dropped donuts while visiting friends was a ploy to get people to visit all their friends... I managed yesterday to capture a pic of such a donut. I probably just made the pic capture. On my device you have to hold two buttons for about 2 secs before it takes the pic. And auto collect is now on 5 secs. Right after it was gone, text saying "+1 donuts" scrolls up the screen. No way am I fast enough to capture that!

    jiX3LZd.png

    [Edit: Title to clarify.]

    Pic confirms your statement. Well played.

    Thanks. I took a chance on the game exiting if I didn't hit the two buttons at the same time. I figured it was just one donut I might lose. :)
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    I have a galaxy note tablet, and it has a special button just for screenshots, but didn't remember to do one.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nitsujdark wrote:
    I have a galaxy note tablet, and it has a special button just for screenshots, but didn't remember to do one.

    That's sweet! I need to look for software that might make it easier for me.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I had my best day ever with a 5 donut yield from visits Thursday. Of course, the day before I found 0, and today I found 1, but it's a nice incentive to make rounds daily, plus I have plenty of friends not quite there with emblem counts or fp prizes, so I like helping them out, too.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    I just picked up a tab 4 yesterday, and was wondering how to do screen caps. Now I know that I need to wait 2 seconds. :D

    It depends on the device. On my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 you have to hold the power button and home button at the same time for 2 seconds. And I can only get it to work by rotating the device 90 degrees to the left; i.e. portrait mode.
    It then puts the pic both in the clipboard and in an album in the gallery.

    I've heard other devices you the power button and volume button.

    Good luck with it!
    Apperantly that is how I'm supposed to do it, but so far no such luck. I wanna figure this out soon, but there are so many other things I want to setup first.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!