EA Forums - Banner

ennui?

Let me introduce you to a friend, their name is google.

Replies

• edited June 2014
    I wasn't referring to the meaning of 'ennui', but to the sentence as a whole. :roll:
    Are we in for a big $$$ bonus for all the late nights this game is causing us. :twisted:
  • adamscottc
    50 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ennui means boredom basically. So I assume Krusty is going to ease his boredom with money - I'm not on that quest so I'm making an assumption based on the...meaning of the words.

Ignore above, didn't see your reply.
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This is the intro to Krusty building the Itchy & Scratchy Studios storyline.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm. Could this have anything to do with these episodes...

The Dream of a summer boredom ( France ) and The World is less stone ( Quebec ) (A Midsummer's Nice Dreams) is the 16th episode of season 22 of the television series The Simpsons .

In French... Le Songe d'un ennui d'?t?

Goggle is my friend. :)
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Krusty "look out, ennui. You're about to get punched with a money fist" :?:
    What's that about :roll:

Hello again, I hope you are enjoying the forum. This question is vague, but interesting. Good one! Again, I hope you are enjoying the forum.
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Krusty "look out, ennui. You're about to get punched with a money fist" :?:
    What's that about :roll:

Hello again, I hope you are enjoying the forum. This question is vague, but interesting. Good one! Again, I hope you are enjoying the forum.

I got this message when I logged on, I think Krusty was a little vague :?
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's basically him saying that he's going to try to use wealth as means to escape his boredom. Out of context it is confusing but if you read the previous dialogue it made sense.
  • jaspiring385
    132 posts
    edited June 2014
    Except it's appearing when you aren't even at the required level (I saw it too and I'm only level 39), let alone on the right task, so needless to say, you're not seeing the previous dialogue. There must be an error in the code.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    s/ennui/boredom/

So...

"Look out, boredom. You're about to get punched with a money fist"

I'm guessing it is a reference to being bored with the game? But why would people be bored with all that's going on lately? Maybe the text was written before Stonecutters?!

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This is from the level 42 update. Due to some glitch, people who aren't at 42 yet got that one snippet. Ignore it until you're level 42.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    It's basically him saying that he's going to try to use wealth as means to escape his boredom. Out of context it is confusing but if you read the previous dialogue it made sense.

Thanks for that! Explains it for me. I have not seen the dialog because I haven't started that quest line.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.