EA Forums - Banner

Bought the gold mansion by mistake

Prev1345
Well, think on the bright side, a year from now, u would be glad to own this 4-day-limited-time ultra rare item. :wink:

Replies

• timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm pi$$ed. The Gil message came up and took my 250 donuts. ****!
    This is bull$hit. I can't believe EA is this * sneaky.
  • Godbless598
    52 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This was sneaky and wrong, same thing happen to me too, just wanted to look at it to see how big it was, and boom, I bought it. So not right not sure I would have bought it, esp now they are playing the sneaky card
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited June 2014
    Does n e one have the link for customer support?
    I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get my donuts back. I don't even have enough room to put the mansion plus Satans anvil just popped up.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    timberwuf wrote:
    Does n e one have the link for customer support?

Upper right side of the page. There a little down arrow next to your username.
  • flyreel
    116 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This was sneaky and wrong, same thing happen to me too, just wanted to look at it to see how big it was, and boom, I bought it. So not right not sure I would have bought it, esp now they are playing the sneaky card
    Its totally wrong they should let you at least look at it like all the other premium items, EA will have to refund all those that brought it and don't want it!!!
  • audiomixdon
    360 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Same thing for me:

I wanted to do the same with Gold Mansion to see how it looks, but as soon as you click yes to mansion, there's no confirm. It's yours!!

What really irks me is I've been saving donuts for over a year. Buying lots of blood mobiles to level up.
    I was gonna get Duff Brewery but waited till after event to see if anything limited appeared I wanted.
    Crap!!
  • UnicronOC0
    20 posts
    edited June 2014
    Clicked on without thinking and now.....
    d25b03f34008c74f4e8a2ad1963d36b0_zps955da1ab.jpg
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I haven't purchased yet (out of space, unless I condense more things), so I was wondering if it does anything. I have $25 million in cash, so Idon't need that, but does it have any cool tasks that go along with it or fun animations?
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks like a bunch of us got snared in the same trap. I'm really annoyed....I have my donut confirmation button on and I deliberately placed my screen in an area so nothing could be placed as a double precaution ( I.e. On top of another structure) and instead of any confirmation button or letting me see it on top if another item...it just got placed in my inventory. I think that is really sneaky. Why no donut confirmation ? And why put it in my inventory instead of just placing it ? All around sneaky way if selling it. I have contacted EA cause I don't want that over priced item. I have not even bought Barney's bowlerama because I thought it was over priced but at least that is still better priced than this gold house.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Same thing happened to me, though I would have bought it anyway. I don't have any room in my town for it right now (HEY, EA! Give us more land!), so by automatically placing it in my inventory, EA actually did me a favor!
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Its called buyers remorse.
    You played around with it and bought it.
    Now you dont want it anymore and you want a refund.
    Sorry, but it doesnt work that way. :(

With gill deals,you click on the donut button and it goes in your inventory for you to place where you want to.
    Its not a trap at all. Its a purchase.

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014

With gill deals,you click on the donut button and it goes in your inventory for you to place where you want to.

Once someone traded a sportscar for the last ribwich. He also had the buyers remorse.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited June 2014

I respectfully disagree. The definition of buyers remorse is if I deliberately bought something with intent, then changed my mind. That's not what happened here. I wanted to see what it would look like, and unlike any other premium item....no confirmation nothing. There was no changing of my mind here...it was never my intent to buy it.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    that's why EA does it. just like the Donut confirmation is not kept in memory.
    cause of that kind of mistakes. u clicked on it you get it.
    and they don't refund them!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes...I agree ...that's why I said its sneaky .nothing to do with buyers remourse. That's just plain old sneaky.
  • andrecosta130
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The item was available. Thinking of buying. But suddenly, it just desapeared.. Any clues why?
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    It's my own fault. Before I seriously consider buying a premium item, I select it first to see how it looks in my town. It gives me a chance to see it clearly, clear room, etc. Of course that didn't work this time; I tapped on the iem and it was mine.

A pain in the ****; I probably would not have purchased it, but like I said, it was my own carelessness. Sigh.

Next time this happens, switch off the device's wifi instantly, and force the app to stop. Then delete and reinstall the game. That should undo the purchase.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, none of you actually had any desire for the gold mansion when you tapped the gigantic pink button that said, "250 Donuts."
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, none of you actually had any desire for the gold mansion when you tapped the gigantic pink button that said, "250 Donuts."
    they havent witnessed any other Gil deal it seems cause when u click it's yours with it.
    Usually other purchases it lets u see how it is
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I clicked it 647 times today and nothing ever happened for me.

Then I realized I have 23 donuts. :D
    New neighbors always welcome!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.