EA Forums - Banner

Amazed at how many high level players have their town in disarray! !

Prev13
Too many buildings and no more LAND

Replies

• cripplers2
    95 posts
    edited June 2014
    I've been organizing small parts at a time. Lots of my buildings are just randomly placed though. When I design, I want it perfect so it takes a while. It's a slow process for me.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a small time player when it comes to most. I had a limited amount of neighbors up until the Stonecutter event when I realized I was gonna need a lot more neighbors if I was gonna have a chance at getting everything. Accepted most players, but quickly saw several high level players just had buildings everywhere. Even those that have most, if not all, premium items?? It took me back at seeing these expensive towns in such disarray.

I had a messy town for a bit, until I got the town hall, from which I based my entire town around downtown Springfield. But that was a while back.

Any maxed out players still have not organized your town, why?? Just curious.

I don't get it either. I am a premium player and I try my best to place things in an orderly fashion and have roads/walkways where people would need them, decorations, and an overall functioning town. While my town isn't elaborately designed as some, it is very neat and organized. I see players with buildings stacked up next to each other where you can't see anything but the roofs, level 42 players with only 1/3 of the land with all kinds of things crammed into each other, etc.

My OCD won't let me do that. I just totally redesigned my Springfield about a month or so ago and now I am contemplating hitting the nuke button and doing it again. Keep in mind I have EVERY building/character that has been offered minus 5 things and tons of decorations.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    The level of a player doesn't really have to relate to the length of time a player has been playing. It is really easy to level up quickly but not necessary be up to date with the newest questline- which are costing ever more cash

Those who have been at max level for a while will have the spare accumulated cash to decorate and buy the necessary land.

Hope that explains my view
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited June 2014
    Too many buildings and no more LAND

Nah it's just laziness
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I try to make my town look nice. I have a few neighbors who are consistently active and have been playing at least as long as me, but lack organization or layout in their towns. I also have several neighbors whose design skills put mine to shame, and I love exploring their towns. I think it's a combination of time and aptitude.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Two years ago when I first started playing TSTO, I have already foreseen the problem in land scarcity (as well as too many characters to be managed). I deliberately try not to buy up all the land instantly, though I can afford it, so that I can slower "release" more land to cater for future updates.

Despite I own all buildings since day 1 (yes, 100%), I managed to design my town neatly, divided into several districts, from residential, to commercial, public offices, amusement, etc.

My point is, land scarcity is not the reason to abandon your town, or anyhow dump buildings like trashes. With creativity, your Springfield can still be very vibrant. 8)
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My game has been screwed up since x-mass event, so when I try to move my buildings it freezes up. So what was my downtown area is been slowly moveing around for the past 6 months. Sorry if my town is offending anyone.
  • Jaye_Batista
    35 posts
    edited June 2014
    Oh I understand land issues, you're trying to buy up what gets made available to you as you level up, but you have to increase land as well.

My town isn't complete either, I've yet to decide how I want my residential area to look like, and where. So they're piled together in a corner. But, my mansions are presented in their own gated community!! :D
  • Jaye_Batista
    35 posts
    edited June 2014
    Oh and neuroheart, I love seeing some of the creativity of my neighbors too!!
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    To be blunt, you have to have played quite a while and accumulated several million in your bank to be able to organize the town the way people seem to think it needs to be organized. Many of us on the maximum level don't have that money yet and are still working on land and/or their nest egg for the next level so things are going to look disorganized no matter what.

Look again at those towns a week after the event ends provided we don't get another level update. That'll give them several hundred thousand dollars and if they are doing what I believe they are doing their towns have grown outward.

And if not, then they don't care how it looks to others it's their choice to have things seemingly disorganized to their liking.
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am currently working on buying more land and saving up for the high priced vanity decorations. So I have a house patch. I think the rest of my town is organized.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have neighbours who play every day but just shove all their buildings together, no layout or anything :?

I really don't get it! At first I thought maybe they were redesigning, but after a year+ with nothing changing you start to realise that that's just how they do things... Odd!
  • Torgon2005
    67 posts
    edited June 2014
    My town is organized. As I buy new land, I reorganize. The center has stayed the same, but I want to move the 'ugly stuff' (such as the Nuclear plant and tire pile) to the outer edges. I'm trying to have a residential zone, a business zone and such. Eventually, I want to build a forest and put stuff in it. Just slowly getting there.
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, redesigning and saving up enough money takes time. I've wanted to redesign for months but I haven't had the time. I'm saving enough to buy all the land and then I'll do it. My town isn't messy. I make it look decent.
  • frogmommy15
    77 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, the mess in my SF is collateral damage from the Stonecutter event. I started Stonecutter's at level 22 and have tried to burn through to Herman's Military Antiques as fast as I could (accomplished!). I haven't had the cash to buy more land, so the middle of my town is a hot mess.
  • Im_Homeralone
    21 posts
    edited June 2014
    Well, you want to see an organised premium town? Add me- Im_Homeralone
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    You obviously haven't seen my town then... ;-) JK!
  • jchargu3
    7 posts
    edited June 2014
    Mine is in slight disarray at the moment but that's because I've been moving things to an empty plot of land to create room to re-arrange and such...

level 42 and the only 3 buildings I don't own are the magnifying glass, cubic zirconia, and popsickle skyscraper.

• rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My town has nothing super elaborate like skyscrapers made to look 3D but it is a functioning town. As time has gone by and they have added allot more buildings and no new land it is a struggle to keep it looking normal. I constantly have to remove rivers and lakes to add more stuff. Some aspect I will never destroy because I love them so much. My Halloween spooky town, Fat Tony super compound ETC.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For me...

- The inventory bug hit while I was 2/3 into my reorg.
    - I got active on the forum to help people with the Stonecutters event.
    - I don't have all the land yet.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.