EA Forums - Banner

Whole town lost

bonsol17
263 posts Member
Does it still say you have a Level 42 Springfield on your splash screen? Then the exact same thing actually happened to me twice in the last three weeks. I tried everything else, but the only thing that helped me both times was un-installing the game from my device and downloading it all over the again.

Replies

• bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    You're right, MrWhiplash, it does still show as Level 42 on the splash screen. Off to (nervously) do an uninstall / reinstall.
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry. It's happened to me a few times and to plenty of other players. The good old reinstall works like a charm! :D
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Fingers crossed, Jax001100! Just watching the 178 updates downloading. They say a watched kettle never boils, so I'm nonchalantly whistling and pretending I ain't worried!
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:
    Fingers crossed, Jax001100! Just watching the 178 updates downloading. They say a watched kettle never boils, so I'm nonchalantly whistling and pretending I ain't worried!

I find beer helps.... :lol:
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Homer and Wiggum are singing the Stonecutters' song, there are wee triangles floating above my buildings, and all's right in Springfield de Bonsol. Thank you, MrWhiplash, and may Uter be in the next update! Thanks to Jax also for the reassurance.

(Hmm, town just crashed, but that's completely normal.)
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:
    Homer and Wiggum are singing the Stonecutters' song, there are wee triangles floating above my buildings, and all's right in Springfield de Bonsol. Thank you, MrWhiplash, and may Uter be in the next update! Thanks to Jax also for the reassurance.

:lol: Glad to hear that everything is back to normal...crashes included! I haven't been able to play for more than 30 seconds all day.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited June 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:

You're welcome, and may he indeed.
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Jax001100 wrote:
    bonsol17 wrote:

:lol: Glad to hear that everything is back to normal...crashes included! I haven't been able to play for more than 30 seconds all day.

That's a lot of beer in between. :D

Anyone else reading this with the same problem, remember to switch your confirm donut spend button back on after reinstalling.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:

Glad to hear that everything is back to the way it was! :-D
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bonsol17 wrote:

Glad to hear that everything is back to the way it was! :-D

Yep, bring on the crashes! They're better than that scary Springfield meltdown clip.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I know, it is to have a hartattack but indeed with a reinstall it is solved, still not good for the hart :lol:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    That's happened to me a few times and rather than uninstall and reinstall (cos reinstalling seems to take quite long) I've just found that if I wait until it gets to the part in the tutorial where it says to add neighbours, I can then log in and it takes me to my right town.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited June 2014
    You may have Ratman to thank about fixing your town. The Ratman has powerful connections.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    That's happened to me a few times and rather than uninstall and reinstall (cos reinstalling seems to take quite long) I've just found that if I wait until it gets to the part in the tutorial where it says to add neighbours, I can then log in and it takes me to my right town.

That's interesting! I'll have to try that next time this happens to me.

OP: Glad you got it fixed.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    What can also work is logging out from origin, then logging in again. Faster, simpler and less scope for heart failure.

Ps. Ratman is a ****, ignore him.
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    wildminion wrote:
    What can also work is logging out from origin, then logging in again. Faster, simpler and less scope for heart failure.

Ps. Ratman is a ****, ignore him.

I tried that first, and really thought I was in trouble when it didn't work. (The Origin tip, I mean, not ignoring Ratman ?)
  • joelchmiel621
    28 posts
    edited June 2014
    I have had to reinstall 3 times in the last week. ea still hasn't responded to my 2 emails. if I have to do it again I am gonna stick to family guy. the update every time I reinstall is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.