EA Forums - Banner

What are the chances of another Gil deal soon?

I don't know honestly, but I'm in the same boat. I got 75 dollars for Gil right here, if he ever wants to come around and give me a fair price for donuts. But If EA doesn't want to provide him with those day-old donuts, then I guess they don't wan't this $75.

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I doubt we will see Gil before Christmas...EA knows when people have giftcards blazing holes in their pockets and the next time isn't until late December.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Come on Gil! After that 250d "deal", let's see a real deal.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    I started playing this game June of last year and only know of 2 Gil sales since. I believe Christmas time and this last crappy one. I could be wrong

I think there's 3 times we've seen some sort of sale. It was either 25% off donut packages, or 25% more donuts with each package.

I think the original was December 2012
    Then there was one in May 2013
    Then finally I think there was one sometime else more recently. I can't remember the last one.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The last one was December 2013. Since we didn't get one in May, I feel like we are due but I don't see it coming so close to the current deal. Maybe end of summer?
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    On two separate occasions, I have bought a boatload merely a few days before Gil appeared! :evil:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    On two separate occasions, I have bought a boatload merely a few days before Gil appeared! :evil:

Don't keep us in suspense! Did you buy a boatload this time or not! :wink:
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lee67628 wrote:

Don't keep us in suspense! Did you buy a boatload this time or not! :wink:
    Lol... I still have about 1,100 leftover balance now... Hope can last till Gil's next donuts sales. :roll:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am 100% sure Gil is just around the corner with a donut sale. Not 90%, but 100%.

The donut sales are a huge part of their business and are deliberately timed like semi-annual sales. There is no way in hell they are going to not have one.

Tactically, they like to first empty your donut balance with premiums and/or an event and wait for the donut purchases to taper off before hitting you with the donut sale. The gold house was their little 250-donut hydrogen bomb to empty out premium players' balances. Gil will be here any minute now to clean up.

If I had to bet, I would bet on him coming either shortly after the event ends--when people are done with premium purchases--or right before it ends (i.e., this week).
    lee67628 wrote:
    This is precisely their tactical strategy. They empty you out, wait for you to run to the store, then they come back with the clearance donuts. While EA is not nearly as calculating as Tinyco, this is definitely a calculated strategy.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The last sale they offered 25% more donuts and I didn't go for it. I'd prefer 25% discount. I have $50 waiting for Gil. Until I feel like I'm getting a good deal I will stay freemium
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.