EA Forums - Banner

180 + 80 donuts so soon after Gold House and Chester? Really???

The free always outweighs the premium.

Also remember, the Stonecutter event gave lots of free items.

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Task for you.... Meditate in the Buddhist Temple. 4 hours.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I posted this earlier - but my only complaint is in fact around timing. I have no issue with all the premium items, I just wished they were spaced out better. Its too much to have an event, a level update, a limited time Gil sale and a holiday update overlapping. It would be a better user experience (and easier to spend the money) if it was paced out better.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I was able to get Washington thanks to some leftover funds from a gift card. I would need 210 more donuts to get everything else from this event (Including the fireworks, Apu's skin, Lisa Statue, and finally, the Nighthawk Diner). EA just loves to exploit premium players for all they're worth.

It's a little ridiculous after the extravagant Solid Gold House but at least they're giving us a couple weeks to get them this time.
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited July 2014
    Have to admit, a July 4th update didn't really come out of nowhere.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    cdepast wrote:
    I posted this earlier - but my only complaint is in fact around timing. I have no issue with all the premium items, I just wished they were spaced out better. Its too much to have an event, a level update, a limited time Gil sale and a holiday update overlapping. It would be a better user experience (and easier to spend the money) if it was paced out better.

I hear you. But I'm loving it. I'm still doing SC, and I&S, and now the 4th. I'm having to plan what to spend my in game $$s on and donuts on. Watch out for those items on the 4th. Word is that we only have one day to get them! Maybe same for ones coming on the 11th.

Cheers!
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The free always outweighs the premium.

Also remember, the Stonecutter event gave lots of free items.

I will give them credit on the Stonecutter event, it was a really nice surprise, it was more than possible to get all the prizes without spending large amounts of cash and most importantly it got made me love the game again after the shoddy Easter event. Also, I thought the idea of a costume/skin based event was a great idea as many characters lacked them.
    Still, I think the prices are a bit steep and I hope they add different ways to earn donuts outside of events. We already have Sideshow You and Max Level donuts. Or, alternatively, just freeze the XP counter like they did for Whacking Day. I'm not saying anything new here, these points have been made time and again on this forum.
    Tapped Out is easily the best Simpsons game ever, don't get me wrong. I love to play it. It's just sometimes I feel greed creeps in and takes over.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I spent my budget on stonecutters, so I won't be getting any premiums for awhile. Oh well.
  • kylemueller7
    16 posts
    edited July 2014
    You don't have to buy every premium item you know. If you want to though, you spend money.
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited July 2014
    Resist. Premium players buy everything and soon complain they are out of space in their Springfields :roll: . As a fermium player, I have no space issues and quite happy with how my towns looking :P
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't listen to the poors who make The Simpsons slum it in their wasteland of a town.
    Go pawn that watch and buy more donuts.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The level update was right around the same time the last three came out, third week of the month. The house was a low blow but it was one that people were going to get because it was one of the items people wanted for a long time- but the event itself wasn't unknown and was expected. It's not like it's out of the blue like the gold house, it was the same time the last two years.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't listen to the poors who make The Simpsons slum it in their wasteland of a town.
    Go pawn that watch and buy more donuts.
    This quote and your avatar are made for each other...love it. Lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.