EA Forums - Banner

Would you play TSTO is it had no S

Prev13
I'm going to admit, I am a sucker for copyrighted content. If the Simpsons were Pokemon or South Park or American Dad or whatever, instead? Sure. If no videogame or TV show link, most likely not.

Replies

• moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    I've played other games with a similar model to TSTO and they were fun for a couple weeks maybe even a month or two but after that it just got old. However I dont feel those games had the same balance as TSTO does with regards to freemium versus premium content and certainly didn't have as many level updates, events, etc. So it's hard to say. I would give it a try but I don't think it would last nearly as long as I've been playing this game.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    What drew me to this game more than 2 years ago was that it was about The Simpsons & the fact that it was a city building game drew me in more. I'm a sucker for Simpsons content. I have all the seasons currently available on Blu-ray (season 13, 14, 15, 16 & 20). Also the Movie, have the Simpsons game on my PS3

So if this game was anything else other than the Simpsons, then I would definitely not be playing it.

I tried that Family Guy game and nowhere does it hold a candle even close to the Simpsons: Tapped Out.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    That's a real good question. I think chances are much less that I would, but if one of my friends got into it, there's a chance.... a small chance, but a chance.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    I'd say no, I typically don't play these types of games, so it has to be relatable. If it was by Nintendo, then definitely. If it's Family Guy (already have it) then yes. But just random characters? Nope. DC/Marvel/Xmen? Nope.

Game of Thrones..? That'd be a good one, I'd get that.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the poll Ratman!

No! No! A thousand times, No! Hands down, the buggiest, crashingest, program I've put up with in my long life.

• tkprae
    248 posts
    edited July 2014
    Because of the Simpsons, definitely. I grew up on this show. This game is much more fun because I know the characters.

Granted, I don't know the more recent buildings or characters because I haven't been watching new Simpsons but I definitely wouldn't enjoy this as much with random characters. I sure wouldn't have stayed on this long or spent money, that's for sure.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The characters are great and all but without the Simpsons characters or show content it would be just another city building game without any kind of gimmick to draw you in. If I wanted to play that kind of game I'd play The Sims or Farmville...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I may have started playing it without the Simpson's but I wouldn't have played long. Most games I play for a few months, get tired of them, and move on. This is the only game that I have played for over a year.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a "maybe". The game found me as an advertisement on an old PvZ I still have on my iPad (and I still open occasionally to water the zen garden) and play a few levels). If everything was the same except the characters were changed it could still be a fun "build" game. But I doubt the characters could have the same depth as the Simpsons characters.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Excellent question! No, I wouldn't play if it was not Simpsons. Part of the fun is that I know and relate to the characters. I love getting the properties and how certain special properties remind me of a certain show.
  • 4junk3000
    5545 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Didn't play farmville at all
    Didn't play angry birds are all
    Didn't play candy crush at all

Have played tsto daily since discovering it ~Halloween'13. I don't really like video games. But know who i like a lot?

Yeah it's all about them. I have every Simpsons board game too, mostly new because I'd buy them but nobody wants to play non electronic games anymore. Cmon! Simpsons Game of Life is a riot!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited July 2014
    Nope, I've tried similar games before and after I found out TSTO was on the Kindle and none have stuck as they are all boring and unoriginal (is it really that hard to come up with a basic storyline?). Not to mention I've loved the Simpsons since I was little and have the first 10 seasons on DVD so I am familiar with most of the characters and references (I get lost on some of them though as I haven't seen many episodes from the last 10 years or so).
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm wanting a South Park version made so I would say yes.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited July 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Game of Thrones..? That'd be a good one, I'd get that.

At least they would never run out of characters... :wink:

To answer your question, OP, probably not. Or at least, I wouldn't be as engaged in the game as I am now...
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

If you reread the first post it says Simpsons or other show. It's just random generic nothingness vs trademarked and beloved known characters/shows.

So you should have said NO.

As homer would say. D'oh! :lol:

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I dont think so. I dont think I ever wouldve downloaded the game. I noticed the game in the Play Store Thanks to the Simpsons.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    If it wasn't a Simpsons game i believe i never have found it, i'm not a big mobile gamer and TSTO is currently my only game on my iPhone...
    if the question is if i were play that game only if it wasn't franchise of Simpsons i really can't tell, but my bet is NO.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2014
    not a chance in hell.. the only reason i played this game was because it was the Simpsons..

besides when i used to play simcity i never got into city building/farmville type mobile games
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

If you reread the first post it says Simpsons or other show. It's just random generic nothingness vs trademarked and beloved known characters/shows.

So you should have said NO.

As homer would say. D'oh! :lol:

The poll just said with no simpsons. Just cause Ratman said that doesnt mean it was implied in his poll also :P
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NO.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.