Replies

• ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Indubidably :mrgreen:
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    Tell us stories, Grandpa! I'd be thrilled beyond belief if we had a Flying Hellfish update!

Hey, EA, you missed Memorial Day, but Veteran's Day is November 11th. Get on it!

90rqsuN.jpg
  • soapy_84
    67 posts
    edited July 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    Tell us stories, Grandpa! I'd be thrilled beyond belief if we had a Flying Hellfish update!

Hey, EA, you missed Memorial Day, but Veteran's Day is November 11th. Get on it!

90rqsuN.jpg

I can't see it coming on remembrance day as it could be deemed as glorifying war to children at another time I could see it happening.
  • 3SS83
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I like it as a concept, if it was done right it could be a classic event.

My only gripe, and I realise that George Washington and Abe Lincoln are currently walking around a lot of peoples Springfield, is that all but Burns and Abe are still alive out of the platoon. I like the idea of Ox being a character in the game, but do you think a line has to drawn at bringing dead people back from the dead?

Perhaps soften the blow by having their descendants like Skinner, Wiggum and Barney channelling their spirits as skins maybe? Just spitballing ideas around. Would love to hear opinions about it.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Also the following as playable characters...

Milton Haas
    Milton_Haas.png

Baron Von Bertzenberger
    20101202190256%21Baron_Herzenberger.png
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    3SS83 wrote:

My only gripe, and I realise that George Washington and Abe Lincoln are currently walking around a lot of peoples Springfield, is that all but Burns and Abe are still alive out of the platoon. I like the idea of Ox being a character in the game, but do you think a line has to drawn at bringing dead people back from the dead?

Perhaps soften the blow by having their descendants like Skinner, Wiggum and Barney channelling their spirits as skins maybe? Just spitballing ideas around. Would love to hear opinions about it.

"Bringing back people from the dead" is your concern? Springfield was destroyed by a nuclear blast. At this point, everyone in Springfield has already come back to life. At the very least, our Springfields are some kind of interactive purgatory.
  • 3SS83
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Baron Von Bertzenberger should come with his car a la Chester Lampwick
  • 3SS83
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Bringing back people from the dead" is your concern? Springfield was destroyed by a nuclear blast. At this point, everyone in Springfield has already come back to life. At the very least, our Springfields are some kind of interactive purgatory.
    Maybe I didn't explain what I meant correctly and I apologize. I don't mind the occasional character coming back from the dead. I would love to see Bleeding Gums Murphy one day. I haven't had a problem with George Washington or Abe Lincoln. I just mean bringing an entire platoon back from the dead is a little much.

I do wonder why Maude is a ghost and not brought back fully though.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    3SS83 wrote:

Only skins I want are for Abe & Burns.

This is a game remember. It does not have to fall into canon with the show. In fact it already doesn't. We got 2 dead ex-presidents walking around. Ghost Maude, Shary Bobbins who also died in the show.

Besides there's nothing wrong with bringing back dead characters for this game. Heck, in the comics world characters are always dying & being brought back.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    3SS83 wrote:

Only skins I want are for Abe & Burns.

This is a game remember. It does not have to fall into canon with the show. In fact it already doesn't. We got 2 dead ex-presidents walking around. Ghost Maude, Shary Bobbins who also died in the show.

Besides there's nothing wrong with bringing back dead characters for this game. Heck, in the comics world characters are always dying & being brought back.

Abe and Burns were the only two who had anything beyond the short flashback scenes, so you'd have characters being brought in who have even less interaction than any others in the game...Alien 51 aside.
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    soapy_84 wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:

I can't see it coming on remembrance day as it could be deemed as glorifying war to children at another time I could see it happening.

Oh, I don't see it as glorifying war at all, but more of an homage to veteran's, an acknowledgement of a holiday, that more and more people forget about.

Glorifying war is that last thing I would want! Besides the children have other things to corrupt them, like embezzling money or collecting bribes or Miss Springfield enjoying an evening with Mayor Quimby for an entire 3 minutes.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Abe and Burns were the only two who had anything beyond the short flashback scenes, so you'd have characters being brought in who have even less interaction than any others in the game...Alien 51 aside.

Hence why I said they should include Milton Haas & Baron Von Bertzenberger as playable characters
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:

Hence why I said they should include Milton Haas & Baron Von Bertzenberger as playable characters

That's the exact opposite of what I was saying. You are adding two characters who nobody remembers and who had an extremely short screen time. Number 51 is an oddity, but he had more screen time and people remembered him all these years late- if you asked the forum you'd probably get a "who the heck is that" reply about Haas and the baron.
  • Tobewood
    112 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    soapy_84 wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:

Oh, I don't see it as glorifying war at all, but more of an homage to veteran's, an acknowledgement of a holiday, that more and more people forget about.

Glorifying war is that last thing I would want! Besides the children have other things to corrupt them, like embezzling money or collecting bribes or Miss Springfield enjoying an evening with Mayor Quimby for an entire 3 minutes.

Or all the tasks involving smoking.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Tobewood wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:
    soapy_84 wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:

Or all the tasks involving smoking.

Or drug use, extortion, murder, torture, theft, fraud, gambling etc. etc. etc.
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

That's the exact opposite of what I was saying. You are adding two characters who nobody remembers and who had an extremely short screen time. Number 51 is an oddity, but he had more screen time and people remembered him all these years late- if you asked the forum you'd probably get a "who the heck is that" reply about Haas and the baron.

We have Chester Dupree and he's had zero screen time.

If we can't have anything else, I'd take just skins for Grandpa and Burns.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

We have Chester Dupree and he's had zero screen time.

If we can't have anything else, I'd take just skins for Grandpa and Burns.

Fine, you got me. Dupree got mentioned and is due for an episode at some point but technically has less screentime than those two. But unlike Haas and the Baron who were one-offs Durpee has a chance of coming back again after his appearance.

And going back to another point, Grandpa and Burns skins are exactly what I would like to see from Fighting Hellfish related event or even mini-event involving a short week.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited July 2014
    There's too little content for a full event, but a mini-event about this episode would make me spend donuts.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The Flying Hellfish would be awesome! Not necessarily an entire event, but it could be tied in to FP prizes or go along with a level update.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

Tell that to the Christmas Racoon & those other oddities that we have as well lol.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.