Flying hellfish

2Next

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Abe and Burns were the only two who had anything beyond the short flashback scenes, so you'd have characters being brought in who have even less interaction than any others in the game...Alien 51 aside.

Hence why I said they should include Milton Haas & Baron Von Bertzenberger as playable characters

That's the exact opposite of what I was saying. You are adding two characters who nobody remembers and who had an extremely short screen time. Number 51 is an oddity, but he had more screen time and people remembered him all these years late- if you asked the forum you'd probably get a "who the heck is that" reply about Haas and the baron.

Tell that to the Christmas Racoon & those other oddities that we have as well lol.

I'll make you a deal Deadshot- you accept that there are gamers who don't want obscure characters in the game and I'll concede that they stuff some in there at times to profit off us. We have been through this before and it's the same on both sides with no opinions changed so truce- OK?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    There's too little content for a full event, but a mini-event about this episode would make me spend donuts.

I was assuming this would be a one week mini-event like episode tie-ins and this current holiday event. Reward for finishing the event was the skins with some sort of decoration available to buy.
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    There's too little content for a full event, but a mini-event about this episode would make me spend donuts.

I was assuming this would be a one week mini-event like episode tie-ins and this current holiday event. Reward for finishing the event was the skins with some sort of decoration available to buy.
    That's what I had envisioned as well, a mini-event like for a holiday. A holiday like Veteran's Day.
  • penalak1
    178 posts
    edited July 2014
    They could add grampa's WWll vehicle
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited July 2014
    i'm all for it!
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    "Bringing back people from the dead" is your concern? Springfield was destroyed by a nuclear blast. At this point, everyone in Springfield has already come back to life. At the very least, our Springfields are some kind of interactive purgatory.[/quote]

Good point!
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Good idea this would make a good level update if not a mini update or a Friend Points one, at this point in the game any character that has ever been on the show,games,comics could be added. We have characters that:
    Are Alive
    Died on the show(Snowball II, Shari Bobbins)
    Voice actors passed away(Capital City Goofball)
    Have only appeared for a few mins.(Pokey)
    Characters that haven't even appeared in the franchise(Chester)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6387 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I'll make you a deal Deadshot- you accept that there are gamers who don't want obscure characters in the game and I'll concede that they stuff some in there at times to profit off us. We have been through this before and it's the same on both sides with no opinions changed so truce- OK?

That's cool with me. Just remember that we need the obscure characters as well to keep this game going. There's only so many A & B listers & the majority we already have.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6387 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Good idea this would make a good level update if not a mini update or a Friend Points one, at this point in the game any character that has ever been on the show,games,comics could be added. We have characters that:
    Are Alive

Don't forget that we have Chester Dupree who hasn't even shown up in any episode. Has only been mentioned by Dr Hibbert once in a episode & a few times in the game.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm up for the flaying hellfish :D
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Are Alive

Don't forget that we have Chester Dupree who hasn't even shown up in any episode. Has only been mentioned by Dr Hibbert once in a episode & a few times in the game.

Yea ill fix it it was just a small example but yea eventually the characters we will get are not always going to be characters that are well known
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Stoncutters event :thumbup: bring on the hellfish event!!! :P 8)

Great idea, hope EA is watching this :hunf:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:

That's cool with me. Just remember that we need the obscure characters as well to keep this game going. There's only so many A & B listers & the majority we already have.

Keeping it to a minimum and maybe only if they are episode tie-in characters I'd be fine with it...one every three to six months or level updates(whichever comes first) would be alright.
  • edited July 2014
    But there's only 2 living survivors, apart from following the Hellfish episode where could this go. :?
  • soapy_84
    67 posts
    edited July 2014
    But there's only 2 living survivors, apart from following the Hellfish episode where could this go. :?

As has already been said Springfield got blown up and everyone is dead at this point.
    Plus we have two dead presidents walking around our towns plus sherry bobbins. It wouldn't be breaking new ground.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    soapy_84 wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:
    Tell us stories, Grandpa! I'd be thrilled beyond belief if we had a Flying Hellfish update!

Hey, EA, you missed Memorial Day, but Veteran's Day is November 11th. Get on it!

90rqsuN.jpg

I can't see it coming on remembrance day as it could be deemed as glorifying war to children at another time I could see it happening.

I don't think it would be glorifying war. America's involvement in WWII is a source of pride for many Americans. Of course, we respectfully remember the dead and injured, but being proud of triumphing over a very evil force at the time is not glorifying war, in my opinion. Nor are cartoon depictions of WWII glorifying war in general. We should not be ashamed or try to hide our history from kids. I'm not sure if I mistook your point or not. I do apologize if I did. I just wanted to share my opinion on the matter.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Mini-event, yes! Good stuff for Grampa.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.