EA Forums - Banner

update blah

Prev1
You're probably expecting a little too much for an App game. It's a nice, simple holiday update. We'll most likely get a bigger event/ expansion next month, with a level update between now and then.

Replies

• Samaranth01
    2181 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm liking it so far. Storyline's simple but there's some clever dialog. After the last few months, I could use something a little relaxed. :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I am liking that they tied it in with the season finale indirectly, and that they are giving those of us who weren't around last year to get the items we weren't able to get. It's not glamorous but it's not bad either 8)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    We've been to spoilt, people forget that this is the original way the game is played. Always something isn't? Just a reminder, it's not a pc/console game where you play it as long as you want, you play this game when you have a spare 20 mins or so. It's just to fill in time.
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm fine with small updates like this one, especially after an event like the Stonecutters.
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited July 2014
    July 4th has always been a small update. The next big update should be Halloween. A lot of people can't devote the time to play back to back big updates.
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    tkprae wrote:
    July 4th has always been a small update. The next big update should be Halloween. A lot of people can't devote the time to play back to back big updates.

+1

Absolutely. My husband would probably divorce me if this game was constant big events. Whacking Day and Halloween were touch and go... :lol:
  • weagle1294705
    290 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I love it all! Some peoples' expectations are waaaaayyyy too high.
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    As said above, it's only an app game for a mobile device, what do you some people expect? It's not the Elder Scrolls
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think you have to remember that this wasn't supposed to be a big event like Easter / Stonecutters / Halloween etc, it's just something for the weekend really, a new building/character, a couple of quests and a few new things to buy!

It's not great, but it's only a mini-update, comparing it to the event whose name shall not me mentioned is crazy! :P
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    You're probably expecting a little too much for an App game. It's a nice, simple holiday update. We'll most likely get a bigger event/ expansion next month, with a level update between now and then.
    Last year we got Squidport followed by a barrage of complaints about tiles 8)

Perhaps this year will be the Monorail as an expansion followed by the complaints about......

• rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I think you have to remember that this wasn't supposed to be a big event like Easter / Stonecutters / Halloween etc, it's just something for the weekend really, a new building/character, a couple of quests and a few new things to buy!

It's not great, but it's only a mini-update, comparing it to the event whose name shall not me mentioned is crazy! :P
    You can call it a holiday tie in!! Like the episode tie ins! It pretty much is the same as last year. The real events have a new splashscreen and app store updates so be patient it may come.
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Compared to this update I'll take the worst easter ever. Imop.

Whatever you were taking during the Easter event, can I have some?
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

You can call it a holiday tie in!! Like the episode tie ins! It pretty much is the same as last year. The real events have a new splashscreen and app store updates so be patient it may come.

I am being patient lol I was telling the OP the same thing! :lol:
  • drumkvadrat
    77 posts
    edited July 2014
    IMHO this year's 4th July update is awesome. It's much more than I expected.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited July 2014
    This is my first 4th of July with TSTO, and im quite happy! I dont like knowing that The Nighthawk Diner and all that which was given with Cash last year, is now not Free and must be purchased.. but I still like what theyve done with this Event!
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

That would be nice. I'm really hoping we get the Chili Cook off next month.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

Right now the next major event we know of is THOH so It would be nice to get another event before then if there is no expansion
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Right now the next major event we know of is THOH so It would be nice to get another event before then if there is no expansion

THOH? Tree House of Horror? Do you mean Halloween or is this something else? And is it confirmed or speculation?
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited July 2014
    Why do people continue to play an app game that they dislike so much? I hated this game when I first played it, instead of moaning about it, I UNINSTALLED IT. Came back when I saw the stonecutters were part of it, and have been enjoying it. Once I get sick of it, I'm not going to whine and complain on here, I WILL UNINSTALL IT AGAIN.

I could name 30 games that I used to enjoy, that after awhile, I got sick of, so I uninstalled it, and those 30 games are all within the past year. I can name numerous TV shows I got sick of, so I quit watching. I don't continue to do something that I do not like.

I wonder how many of the whiners and complainers still force themselves to eat Lima beans, even though they hate them, because if they still play this game as much as they hate it, they surely must eat Lima beans since they hate them as well
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

THOH? Tree House of Horror? Do you mean Halloween or is this something else? And is it confirmed or speculation?

Yes Treehouse of Horror is the Halloween one
    The only major updates we get that we know of is Halloween and Christmas
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!