EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

No thank you EA for a very unpatriotic 4th of July

13Next

Replies

• L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I thought it was funny, and it is supposed to entertain, remember that it is a world wide game, so they have to entertain everyone.
    Plus t was on a topic everyone knows is stupidity, guns need to be banned for exactly homers reason.
    Anyway just laugh it off,English get attacked to and I take it as a joke, makes it more fun when you aren't serious about it
  • 4junk3000
    6834 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow.... Americans without a sense of humour about their dwindling relevance, rapidly declining influence on the world stage and continued refusal to understand patriotism is loving your country, warts and all.... shocking.

My personal suspicion is that the powers that be are grooming us for another civil war. It would be remarkably profitable for them!

The country is pretty evenly divided, and pretty ready to jump at each other for the most trivial disagreements. Just look at the content of this forum for a typical example.

As half the nation arms themselves in fear, the other half continues to empower the govt beyond its original intent. The super wealthy exploit this as they buy the politicians, change laws to enrich themselves and discard the civil liberties previous generations fought and died for, then use propaganda to fool the patriotic into becoming blind but obedient nationalists.

We are indeed throwing this great nation in the pooper, because we no longer hold high the IDEALS this nation was founded upon. It's now about me,me,me instead of we. It's a disgrace and a tragedy that doesn't need to happen, but will because no one is holding the culprits accountable. They'd rather persecute social classes targeted by the media, such as the poor, gays, or minorities. They are easier targets.

United we stand, divided we surely are falling.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited July 2014
    Let's see how offended the ones whose panties are in a twist really are.

If you are offended, UNINSTALL THE GAME AND NO LONGER PLAY IT. Then, delete the account here and no longer post about the game.

Oh yeah, that's right, they are so offended, but they will still support the very thing that they are mad at.

I am the opposite, if something offends me, I quit supporting it. I quit going to McDonalds when I saw how they treated the chickens that give the eggs for egg mcmuffins(and I loved those), I quit going to KFC when they had chicken abuse, I quit going to Fazoili's when I saw mice in the men's room, I quit buying Nike when that report came out about sweatshops using kids, I quit going to Subway when I saw ants crawling along the counter of two different stores, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Of course I put my money where my mouth is, will anyone in this thread who is offended do it? I doubt it, because it's not offensive enough to give it up
  • spunkykat
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    As a newly minted oligarchy (thanks Supreme Court!) and as a nation increasingly focused on diminishing the rights of choice for women (thanks again, Supreme Court) and for allowing hate under the mantle of religious freedom to flourish (that's three out of three!), I am actually thrilled that the writers are taking these pot shots. We are not perfect, we were never perfect, and we will never be perfect. But as long as we can keep the conversation going, whether through earnest discourse or satire, and keep poking fun at these sacred cows that some feel are beyond reproach, we have a shot at creating that more perfect union we hear tell about. Every voice matters, so keep it up, TSTO writers!
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    weghan wrote:
    The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Much like Apu, I enjoy celebrating the independence of my nation by blowing up a small part of it. But, I didn't enjoy logging onto my Simpsons Tapped Out today. The reason had nothing to do with what skins or character are or are not available to me, or how many free donuts rolled into my lap. It was because I was treated to some very un-American dialogue courtesy of Lisa and Homer as soon as I logged in. At the risk of sounding stogy, I have to protest to this sort of biased rhetoric being thrust into my face on a day meant to celebrate my nation.

I like the fact that the Simpsons poke fun at pretty much everyone, I really do, and I don't think that America should be an exception. But this was beyond gentle ribbing. To imply that our country is not only not the 'greatest' is one thing; to suggest that numerous other countries, (including two which have current serious human right issues) are perhaps greater is another thing entirely. And then for poor Lisa to have to defend her patriotism to Homer who goes on to enumerate some serious U.S. problems while she 'tries' to celebrate and be festive, really just ruined my patriotic mood.

This wasn't cute, it wasn't a 'gotcha' naughty little comedy moment. It was really bad timing for some writers to push their own political agenda into a game that's supposed to be fun and light-hearted on Independence Day. For once on a holiday event, I did not smile, I did not chuckle out loud, and I have not picked the game back up today. I am not certain if I will which saddens me because I have been playing Tapped out for over a year now, and have several friends who I have gotten to play. EA should be ashamed for putting this garbage out, and frankly I am surprised not to see other, similar posts. Am I just looking in the wrong place and missing them?

At any rate, I felt that this needed to be said. Happy 4th of July!
    (edited for my bad spelling)

Hello and welcome to the forum! Happy 5th of July. I myself enjoyed my fourth. I played the game, read the jokes, collected my donuts and then went about my holiday. I hope you commute to post on this forum as you seem to write well written posts. I am sorry you were offended, but at least they didn't go in depth with the current administration or any actual references.
    Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping!

• tigger2go
    106 posts
    edited July 2014
    Sorry if I touch anyones nerves, but I do find the program is very pro Republican and pro Christian, but I try to look beyond that :shock:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Let's see how offended the ones whose panties are in a twist really are.

If you are offended, UNINSTALL THE GAME AND NO LONGER PLAY IT. Then, delete the account here and no longer post about the game.

Oh yeah, that's right, they are so offended, but they will still support the very thing that they are mad at.

I am the opposite, if something offends me, I quit supporting it. I quit going to McDonalds when I saw how they treated the chickens that give the eggs for egg mcmuffins(and I loved those), I quit going to KFC when they had chicken abuse, I quit going to Fazoili's when I saw mice in the men's room, I quit buying Nike when that report came out about sweatshops using kids, I quit going to Subway when I saw ants crawling along the counter of two different stores, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Of course I put my money where my mouth is, will anyone in this thread who is offended do it? I doubt it, because it's not offensive enough to give it up

Well said! And I'm glad chicken abuse isn't the only reason u quit stuff! It was getting a bit strange for Monet there...!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I, as a European, loved the self reflection of the dialogue. It's only good for the US, a little humility and realism instead of blind patriotism.

No offence, but those "USA, USA" chants are getting a bit silly to those that follow the news neutraly.
  • weghan
    2 posts
    edited July 2014
    weghan wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:
    You're right. Our country is perfect in every way and we shouldn't be allowed to say anything bad about it. Freedom of speech is for suckers.

I would like to clarify, and then I will no longer respond to avoid turning this into a whole thing.

So you start a heated discussion and then fade into the background as you watch people debate? Was that your intention? If you wanted to fade into the background, then why make a thread about this in the first place?

I actually tried to lock my thread but could find no way to since I am not admin on this site. No, I didn't want a debate, or to stand around and watch it either. It makes me pretty anxious to have my thoughts and feelings torn up and examined. I felt that this was important and might have offended others and just wanted EA to possibly get the message that they need to improve their writing and not go all the way off of the deep end with offensive, non-funny dialogue.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    weghan wrote:
    weghan wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:
    You're right. Our country is perfect in every way and we shouldn't be allowed to say anything bad about it. Freedom of speech is for suckers.

I would like to clarify, and then I will no longer respond to avoid turning this into a whole thing.

So you start a heated discussion and then fade into the background as you watch people debate? Was that your intention? If you wanted to fade into the background, then why make a thread about this in the first place?

I actually tried to lock my thread but could find no way to since I am not admin on this site. No, I didn't want a debate, or to stand around and watch it either. It makes me pretty anxious to have my thoughts and feelings torn up and examined. I felt that this was important and might have offended others and just wanted EA to possibly get the message that they need to improve their writing and not go all the way off of the deep end with offensive, non-funny dialogue.
    At your request, I will lock it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.