EA Forums - Banner

Different ways to buy donuts.

You can just buy iTunes gift cards/google play gift cards (depending on which phone you use) and redeem them and then buy donuts that way.

Replies

• brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    They don't have TSTO cards but you can get an iTunes card and use that and you can get itunes cards on special, so it's cheaper.

Edit: ninja'd and also, you said play points, so are you using an android device?
  • tigger2go
    106 posts
    edited July 2014
    They don't have TSTO cards but you can get an iTunes card and use that and you can get itunes cards on special, so it's cheaper.
    That's great thanks, can anyone give me some numbers so I know I'm getting my moneys worth 8)
  • edited July 2014
    tigger2go wrote:
    Can someone advise, are donuts only bought by entering your credit card details, or can I go to the game store and buy some play points or a Tapped out card as they do for many other games. I'm very rary of entering my card details on the net thankyou. :roll:
    I know what you mean, i'm a 'credit card on the net phobic' myself, getting a Itune or Google play card would be much safer, I might do that myself. :mrgreen:
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Played the game 18 months and thought I would always be a freemium player but I crossed over to the dark side during stonecutters. I have used google play cards they are easy to redeem onsite you don't give over any details and you can only spend what you have as a balance :)
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    tigger2go wrote:
    That's great thanks, can anyone give me some numbers so I know I'm getting my moneys worth 8)
    iTunes cards will sometimes be 20% off so $50 for $40
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    tigger2go wrote:
    iTunes cards will sometimes be 20% off so $50 for $40

Yeah you can usually get them for 20-25% off or something like two $20 cards for $30.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited July 2014
    I play on my Kindle and I buy the Amazon coins that I then use to purchase donuts.
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited July 2014
    Keep in mind that, depending where you live, sales tax may be applied to the purchase from the iTunes/play store. For example if you want to get the $24.99 package, the tax would make the total more than a $25 gift card.
  • ThunderRam
    60 posts
    edited July 2014
    The chances of your card or bank account being hijacked online is very low if you take the proper (and simple) precautions. In fact, I'd say these days it's safer to do it at home instead of the store, what with all the hacks stores can be exposed to.

Make sure the address says https. That means you are in a secure zone.

Only purchase directly. I.E. don't go to another site to buy google play credit.

Have some sort of anti-virus software.

Buy stuff from your own, personal computer on a secure connection. Not from your phone (unless it's on your secure wifi) or public computer.

This is preference, but use an alternate browser than IE like Firefox or Chrome. These are much safer and aren't as teemed with virus and bugs.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    If u are risk adverse, try to use a Debit Card instead of a Credit Card.

Depending on the country of issue, some credit send SMS alert the moment a transaction is made, be it an online payment or over-the-counter payment.

Buying donuts is no diff from buying premium apps from AppStore.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    You could also get a secondary credit card just for internet purchases. Use the same provider just ask for a limit of $150 or whatever is reasonable to you.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    If you do use a credit card, EA never sees it. The in-app purchases go through whatever app store you got the app from. For this game, that basically means Amazon, Apple, or Google. Once you tap on the purchase option, the app store processes your payment. Takes a cut. Passes the rest off to EA. If you already have a credit card registered with whatever app store you use, then you won't have to re-enter the number when you make a purchase.
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    sojournfan wrote:
    I play on my Kindle and I buy the Amazon coins that I then use to purchase donuts.

I use Kindle too, and buy the Amazon Coins. I loved when they did their "Sale". I hope they do it again! But even without the sale "Coins" are 5% below buy price!
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    i just bought my first truckload of donuts through the app store, specially for Rex banner, must say i'm excited!
    :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.