EA Forums - Banner

The final straw

Prev1
Hmm good question. I know for me personally I'm having a hard time deciding if Barney is worth it at 250...but I'm also freemium and 250 takes forever to save.

Replies

• vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    It all depends on how much you want an item.
    I for one would not hesitate to buy the Cool Brown House, no matter the cost.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think you need a poll to get an average answer. There many be millionaires playing this game. :)

I still have Barney's skin in my inventory because 250 donuts is too much for me.

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Hmm good question. I know for me personally I'm having a hard time deciding if Barney is worth it at 250...but I'm also freemium and 250 takes forever to save.
    He's definitely worth the buy, however I think he can wait if you're a freemium player. There are other better characters you can get for cheaper.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • pokercrazee
    68 posts
    edited July 2014
    I Don't think any character is worth 250 donuts personally, quick calculation 300 donuts / £13.99 x 250 =£11.66 about $18.50, spend that for every premium character you could by yourself a nice colour TV instead or something. :twisted:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    The Ratman needs to ask
    How much would a character have to cost for completionists to say no. 300 donuts, 500 donuts or even 1000. This is just for any character.

Yeah, I know. You wanted completionists to answer. So maybe three polls. :)

- Completionist.
    - Freemium.
    - Premium/non-completionist.

• TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    So far I've bought everything, but I would think 500 would be my absolute limit unless I won the lottery or a few donut jackpots right before.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I have bought most of the characters and will probably buy the ones that I don't have once their is a donut sale. At this point, I said 100-200. I can't think of anybody that I would be willing to pay more for especially if it is just a character. A character with a building I may pay more, but not too much more.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited July 2014
    I think you need a poll to get an average answer. There many be millionaires playing this game. :)

I still have Barney's skin in my inventory because 250 donuts is too much for me.

I also have Barney's skin, and I've saved up nearly 200 donuts. My priority is the Nighthawk Diner, because it's only around for a limited time, but I've decided to buy the Bowl-a-Rama before Halloween.

I wish EA would let us buy donuts with in-game currency...
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The maximum I would pay for a single character without building or objects is 120 donuts. I bought Grumple because I liked the character design. Anything over that is a ripoff. Characters should be 60-100 donuts max based on how popular they are.
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited July 2014
    I voted 100-200, but only if it was one of the few characters left that I absolutely want in the game (pretty much any Hartman or Lovitz voiced character or the Terwilliger brothers).

Now is the point where I admit my hypocrisy as I bought Barney, but that was mostly because I had a hot streak on the golden scratch-rs and figured why not.
  • Shiro108
    18 posts
    edited July 2014
    I voted 100-200, but that would be for just a character. If it included a building as well, I'd go up to the 200-300 level
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2014
    Is that with or without a building? I voted no more than 200 based on no building or a pink tree.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited July 2014
    Is that with or without a building? I voted no more than 200 based on no building or a pink tree.
    Ratman meant no building just a character
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    As a rule 200 at the maximum unless there is an added incentive for example Barney's Plow King costume pushed me to purchase Barney.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The thing is I'm not a completionist in this game. I learned not to be a while ago, so I wouldn't really pay much even if I was a premium player for a character that I didn't get. Max I'd pay is maybe 120 donuts, but the character would have to be exceptionally unique and something I've always wanted. There's only one character that comes to mind and that's sideshow bob. Other then that I wouldn't care.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd pay over 500 donuts for a voiced Troy McClure.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    If no building, under 100. If building under 200. The only way I buy expensive ones is if I get the jackpot.
  • ZennGlenn
    1748 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Premium non-completionist:
    Likely under 100 w/out building,
    & ~200 w/building
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited July 2014
    No more than 200, especially if the character does not come with a building.
  • Tobewood
    112 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Some people will pay anything. I have a neighbor that has 4 whales, and their town is **** awesome!

Annette said she'd pay 500 donuts for a voiced Troy McClure.

I would agree to that, but only if it came with a voiced Lionel Hutz.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.