EA Forums - Banner

I know it's just me but...

Prev13
I would really like to see snow added. I really didn't like that we only had snow at christmas time. Being from the north I would like to be able to have snow in my SF November-March. I love seeing the snow related items in SF and I wish that they'd develop that a bit more.

In Chicago we have 2 seasons....winter and construction.

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I would really like to see snow added. I really didn't like that we only had snow at christmas time. Being from the north I would like to be able to have snow in my SF November-March. I love seeing the snow related items in SF and I wish that they'd develop that a bit more.

ROFL!

Here in Southern California for the past ten years of drought, we have one season ... Brown.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

ROFL!

Here in Southern California for the past ten years of drought, we have one season ... Brown.

Here it is hot, and less hot. :)
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Love it if we could have an option to what weather we want. :D
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

Hey, us too! lol
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    davo180 wrote:

exactly :-)
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited July 2014
    davo180 wrote:

You can it's "R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, Square". :roll: wrong game :lol:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    In the uk we tend to have cloud, and rain clouds :(
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    davo180 wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to get snow longer than we did last Christmas Season, 30 days was too short for me. But I remember many people complaining.

EA has a problem, no matter what they do people will complain.

Unless we can buy some Item that can switch snow on when we place it on our town, and things go back to eternal summer when put into storage; only thing all items should have a snowed-in design.

• panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Funchal13 wrote:
    I'd like to get snow longer than we did last Christmas Season, 30 days was too short for me. But I remember many people complaining.

EA has a problem, no matter what they do people will complain.

Unless we can buy some Item that can switch snow on when we place it on our town, and things go back to eternal summer when put into storage; only thing all items should have a snowed-in design.

It shouldn't be too much of an issue to put snow in the build menu. Just have a button that switches between snow and summer. Not sure how complicated it would be on the development side but oh well :lol: they can always disable the button for the Xmas event restoring it again in January. I just really like the snow :cry:
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    davo180 wrote:

:wink:
    2SFVUM5.jpg?1
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    davo180 wrote:

:wink:
    2SFVUM5.jpg?1

:lol: :thumbup:
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited July 2014
    I want a tornado or hurricane
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Would be nice but they probably won't do it. If they ever do a South Park tapped though out it would have snow all year.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014

Would be nice but they probably won't do it. If they ever do a South Park tapped though out it would have snow all year.

This doesn't make me want it any less. :P
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I like this idea! In my neck of the woods we had snow well into April this year- it would have been cool to be able to adjust my SF to match my surroundings. :)
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited July 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

That's some truth right there, I live in this area as well, the last thing I want to see is snow. Construction is in full bloom in Chicagoland and NW IN, it's a bummer. :(
  • ZennGlenn
    1746 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Did my little creative rant on this a few times as well after the 'Instant-Thaw'... I was totally like **** :!: :x It's friggin January & even here in Hollywierd it remains mostly chilly & snown can be seen in our mountains thru March, which was kinda when I would have expected the snow to remain, or at least til Valentines or SaintPats... That being said, folks brought to attention their int'l location & so forth so my final summation was that if /when they can add seasons it should of course mirror a player's global locale... ultimately also be cool to see all weather options along with dusk, night & dawn.

And for my finale weather suggestion... 'The Hurricane' (chime in the Simpsons opening theme chorus) -also obviously another option for town destruction requiring rebuilding (then again earthquakes and volcanoes could be twisted fun too :mrgreen:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    jae_bazz wrote:
    I like this idea! In my neck of the woods we had snow well into April this year- it would have been cool to be able to adjust my SF to match my surroundings. :)

us as well. We had our last giant snow storm on may 2 this year :-/
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    Did my little creative rant on this a few times as well after the 'Instant-Thaw'... I was totally like **** :!: :x It's friggin January & even here in Hollywierd it remains mostly chilly & snown can be seen in our mountains thru March, which was kinda when I would have expected the snow to remain, or at least til Valentines or SaintPats... That being said, folks brought to attention their int'l location & so forth so my final summation was that if /when they can add seasons it should of course mirror a player's global locale... ultimately also be cool to see all weather options along with dusk, night & dawn.

And for my finale weather suggestion... 'The Hurricane' (chime in the Simpsons opening theme chorus) -also obviously another option for town destruction requiring rebuilding (then again earthquakes and volcanoes could be twisted fun too :mrgreen:

Although in SF they have snow....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.