EA Forums - Banner

Rejoice! For tomorrow, the 11th is.... an utterly arbitrary date.

Prev13
I already have Banner but I'm getting Lincoln.

aa35dbd2_cant.gif

Replies

• ambodice
    107 posts
    edited July 2014
    The day is upon us! Tomorrow Rex Banner and Lincoln shall finally be freed from the shackles of being randomly locked until a date that has nothing to do with July the 4th.

So, who's gonna be buying one or both of them?

Personally I'm hoping for a "presidents day" sale with both presidents, or, fingers crossed, a donut sale, Apu getting rid of all the stale donuts he didnt sell on Independence Day.

I was lucky enough to get Rex Banner last year, and have purchased Washington this year. I do plan on purchasing Lincoln tomorrow though. Just keep in mind that in order to start Licolns tasks, you'll have to purchase the Lincoln memorial as well according to spAnser
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been considering Lincoln as well. I passed him up the last two times he came around, and after this third appearance I suspect it'll be a while before he's available again. I do love his cabin, and he's got some great animations.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    ambodice wrote:
    The day is upon us! Tomorrow Rex Banner and Lincoln shall finally be freed from the shackles of being randomly locked until a date that has nothing to do with July the 4th.

Personally I'm hoping for a "presidents day" sale with both presidents, or, fingers crossed, a donut sale, Apu getting rid of all the stale donuts he didnt sell on Independence Day.

I was lucky enough to get Rex Banner last year, and have purchased Washington this year. I do plan on purchasing Lincoln tomorrow though. Just keep in mind that in order to start Licolns tasks, you'll have to purchase the Lincoln memorial as well according to spAnser

You think Washington is worth getting? He isn't voiced. His task of chopping down the cherry tree looks cool though.
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited July 2014
    ambodice wrote:

You think Washington is worth getting? He isn't voiced. His task of chopping down the cherry tree looks cool though.

Yeah I enjoy him. He also runs around town with a spear looking for Jebediah Springfield which is pretty entertaining. His dialogue too is hilarious.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I already got Lincoln during Valentine's Day, but I've been waiting forever for Rex Banner. I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Tomorrow is just another day
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Rex for me!
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Last year I have missed Rex Banner. So tomorrow I'll buy him. :)
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    ambodice wrote:
    ambodice wrote:

Yeah I enjoy him. He also runs around town with a spear looking for Jebediah Springfield which is pretty entertaining. His dialogue too is hilarious.

His dialogue when people praise him is hilarious. Also his task "Hunt for Jebediah Sprungfield" is pretty awesome.

I got Rex Banner last year. Purchased Washington already.

I have 212 donuts right now, so I hope Lincoln won't cost more than that!

But the Lincoln Memorial? Really? That's 100k flushed down the toilet. Damn this ..
  • Mumble_Taker
    180 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    tomorrow is also free slushi day at your local 7-11 store. just sayin :D
  • tgyberg70
    250 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll have Banner tomorrow as well! Now they just need to toss in a catapult :)
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    I have 212 donuts right now, so I hope Lincoln won't cost more than that ..
    Lincoln is 150 donuts. 8)
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Along with all that I'm hoping for something new tomorrow too. I already have Rex and his Interrogate Flanders task is awesome!Not interested in the presidents though.
  • tgyberg70
    250 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    jclancy959 wrote:
    Along with all that I'm hoping for something new tomorrow too. I already have Rex and his Interrogate Flanders task is awesome!Not interested in the presidents though.

Yep, poor Ned, I plan to have him being interrogated 24 / 7!
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I really hate that they dimmed the lighting of the dinner. I know it's been a while but seriously EA if ain't broke don't fix it! Way to ruin one of the best tasks in the game EA :evil:
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    jclancy959 wrote:

I think the consensus is Rex and Lincoln unlock tomarrow, and level 43 will hit next week.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    jclancy959 wrote:

I think the consensus is Rex and Lincoln unlock tomarrow, and level 43 will hit next week.

Agreed that's my prediction as well.
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited July 2014
    I am excited to finally have Rex, I'm a little bummed it's going to cost donuts (when the spanser stonecutter info release suggested he would be available for in game cash), but considering how many free donuts they've been giving away lately I suppose it balances out.

I did want to get Washington, and if Rex was freemium I might have gotten him, but I only have 180 donuts right now and Rex is a higher priority (and I'm too broke to purchase more at the moment).
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I already have both Lincoln and Banner, so I get to save donuts tomorrow. :)
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    i'll get the Nighthawk diner as well, been waiting for too long!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.