EA Forums - Banner

4th July Mini Whatever this is

Prev13
Well, last year did not have Giuseppe, but I got Rex Banner for free then.

But yeah, the whole part with Homer siccing Rex repeatedly on Ned and Apu's shenanigans? Repeat, pretty much.

Replies

• lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    After thinking about it I am pretty disappointed with this. I've heard that a lot of this is just repeated from last year, indicating that it kinda sucked then too lol.

It's disappointing because there is lots of stuff in the episode summer of 4 that could have been released. They could have released more for the squidport from the episode. There were lots of stores that could have been introduced from when marge and lisa were shopping for her cool outfit, and they could have also released a new ride or two from the carnival scenes for the board walk, along with a new squidport expansion. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. :(

Wait...you're saying you weren't here for it last year...but you're disappointed in it being a repeat? I mean I can understand people who got rex/lincoln last year, etc...but if you weren't here then how can you really be disappointed? The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I don't have enough donuts for lincoln. But he'll back i'm sure.
  • SlitherWhisp
    174 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    After thinking about it I am pretty disappointed with this. I've heard that a lot of this is just repeated from last year, indicating that it kinda sucked then too lol.

It's disappointing because there is lots of stuff in the episode summer of 4 that could have been released. They could have released more for the squidport from the episode. There were lots of stores that could have been introduced from when marge and lisa were shopping for her cool outfit, and they could have also released a new ride or two from the carnival scenes for the board walk, along with a new squidport expansion. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. :(

Wait...you're saying you weren't here for it last year...but you're disappointed in it being a repeat? I mean I can understand people who got rex/lincoln last year, etc...but if you weren't here then how can you really be disappointed? The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I don't have enough donuts for lincoln. But he'll back i'm sure.

So long as there are vampires to kill, Honest Abe will always be back!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

No, i am saying it obviously sucked two years in a row.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yeah! Who do these **** think they are? Giving us free content to celebrate a holiday!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yeah! Who do these **** think they are? Giving us free content to celebrate a holiday!

not my holiday. And anyway, there really wasn't much free content. And last time I checked I was free to express ideas and disappointment (which I actually don't do that often). :x
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    besides, all i said was its seems like a missed opportunity.
  • SlitherWhisp
    174 posts
    edited July 2014
    Well... they could have brought in Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, I suppose.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Realistically...it's a small holiday (in the sense of time...people aren't celebrating the 4th for more than a couple of days) and it's only a holiday in the US. Having the extra content is great but I don't expect it to be a huge event. A few days with a couple of new characters and a chance to get a couple that were released before. Some new premium and freemium decorations. Not to mention a few free donuts from the quest line?

Nope...I don't think its disappointing at all. Aside from the obviously controversial quotes I actually think it was pretty great for a mini event.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    We didn't get an awesome Stonecutters event last year before the 4th either.

I think you'd agree the Stonecutters update was a big event, no? Maybe even one of their best events also. So who really cares if they mailed in a rehashed 4th event especially after such a great Stonecutters update?

The only thing that would have made the 4th better and In my opinion could have been the only thing they released, besides the re released fireworks, would have been night mode for Springfield.

Do we really need more buildings or items without more land? More Squidport items without more tiles? More characters who do mostly indoor events with buildings with no lights or graphics?

Hopefully they're working on the next great update and not wasting their time on a small event that only some of the players celebrate.
  • waxves_
    88 posts
    edited July 2014
    HQ4cvJS.png
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    waxves_ wrote:
    HQ4cvJS.png

I don't get the point of this post. Also that's unhelpful, looks awful. I expect that level update to be rather dull.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    We didn't get an awesome Stonecutters event last year before the 4th either.

I think you'd agree the Stonecutters update was a big event, no? Maybe even one of their best events also. So who really cares if they mailed in a rehashed 4th event especially after such a great Stonecutters update?

The only thing that would have made the 4th better and In my opinion could have been the only thing they released, besides the re released fireworks, would have been night mode for Springfield.

Do we really need more buildings or items without more land? More Squidport items without more tiles? More characters who do mostly indoor events with buildings with no lights or graphics?

Hopefully they're working on the next great update and not wasting their time on a small event that only some of the players celebrate.

My point, was instead of doing the 4th crap they should have just released more squid port tiles with some buildings.

Edit: which is 4th of July themed.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd go for more Squidport tiles :thumbup:
    But I'd rather bring a couple things from Krustyland to put on my Squidport than new items specifically made for it.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'd go for more Squidport tiles :thumbup:
    But I'd rather bring a couple things from Krustyland to put on my Squidport than new items specifically made for it.

Eh, I'm pretty indifferent to KL. Not sure why, so I'd go for moving some of that stuff too.
  • ThunderRam
    60 posts
    edited July 2014
    It's not really an event. It's just a chance to buy some stuff you haven't had before or want more of if you played last year.

• panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Omg people, mini event is just the easiest way too describe it. **** I am sorry I even brought it. Jebus.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited July 2014
    besides, all i said was its seems like a missed opportunity.
    We just had Stonecutters. EA is not a miracle worker. We can have a major Independence Day event or a major episode event but there is no time for both.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Omg people, mini event is just the easiest way too describe it. **** I am sorry I even brought it. Jebus.

R7o22tut.jpg

I'm not sure I like your tone.
  • ZennGlenn
    1742 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    After awesome StoneCutters this was a fine little follow-up....

Looking fwd to next big event & double-ditto on 'Night Mode' idea & any further possible weather upgrades 8)
  • ZennGlenn
    1742 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't know why post duplicated & see no delete option :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!