EA Forums - Banner

Is the wrong town glitch still going on?

Mopurglar
1048 posts Member
I very briefly ended up in someone else's town several months ago. It's only happened to me that once, even during the height of reports. But no, it hasn't happened to me personally since stonecutters.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Last year, I used to always get into the same wrong town whenever I tried to log into an Android device instead of my usual iPad or iPhone. I tried to leave a message using hedges and flowers for them, but they didn't seem to respond. So I just gave up, and resolved that I just wouldn't be able to use Android.

Then back in January or so, everyone started to get the wrong town, and I got that same town I used to get into using Android on my iDevices as well, so I basically lost access to my town. Then EA fixed it, and now I can even use Android devices to get into my own town, and I haven't seen that other town since.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I enquired about this the day stonecutters arrived with the town nuke button, thinking this could only add on to an already disastrous glitch. I was told that the glitch should be happening significantly less than it was before. That certainly seems to be the case. If any one still has their town tampered with please let a moderator or admin know about it asap. They are able to handle these issues a lot quicker now.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Luckily, this glitch has never happened to me, or if it happened to my town....the "visitors" were kind enough not to tamper with it.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I voted other since none of the choices fit. I haven't entered someone else's town for a while but 2 or 3 days ago the app crashed while I was doing my friends list, and when I tried to get back in, I got the "account logged into another device" message.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Luckily, this glitch has never happened to me, or if it happened to my town....the "visitors" were kind enough not to tamper with it.

Same
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I voted other since none of the choices fit. I haven't entered someone else's town for a while but 2 or 3 days ago the app crashed while I was doing my friends list, and when I tried to get back in, I got the "account logged into another device" message.

That doesn't necessarily mean another device has logged into your town, it can just mean the game/device don't recognise each other from that session at that time for whatever reason.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

That doesn't necessarily mean another device has logged into your town, it can just mean the game/device don't recognise each other from that session at that time for whatever reason.

That's good to hear. Since I found about the wrong town glitch, getting that message always made me very nervous. Especially after reading about some of the things that happened to other players.

If this is what happened, I'll amend my vote to no. Last time I entered someone else's town was several months ago. Not really sure of exactly how long.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited July 2014
    I got the "logged in from another device" message last night.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Before Stonecutter's I found myself in someone else's town. I also noticed neighbors who were not my neighbors in my list (not just handshakes) and they disappeared within an hour.

Since Stonecutter's,only once I had a hard time getting into my own town and got the "logged into another device" message. For some reason now every time I go into the TSTO app I get the Bart screen, but I hit retry and everything moves along like normal. I was wondering if the Bart screen had something to do with a fix because it doesn't seem to be related to server problems. I play on multiple IOS devices, but have been limiting my play to the iPad unless I am not home for a while and need to check in.

I hesitate to buy a lot of donuts at one time due to this glitch.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    Havent had it in a long old time. Definitely not since the stonecutters event.

was an explanation ever given as to why it was happening?
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Before stonecutters 1 time, after then nope :wink:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes to both time periods.

First one was months back, took a couple moments to realize it wasn't my town.

Second one was during Stonecutter event. They had two pyramids and at the time I only had one, so I knew right away.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited July 2014
    Khodro wrote:

I use my ios device to access both of my Springfields. When I log off of one account and log into my other account, I get the logged in from another device message. This was also happening on my android device until I was unable to log into the game yesterday.

I don't think I have anyone else logging into either of my Springfield towns.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't ended up in anyone else's town, though often get a message "failure to save, accounts signed on to another device". I only play on one device. I do get back in, and have not noticed anyone messing with my account. Thankfully.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes to both time periods.

First one was months back, took a couple moments to realize it wasn't my town.

Second one was during Stonecutter event. They had two pyramids and at the time I only had one, so I knew right away.
    This is really disappointing. I haven't bought donuts since it happened to me ~Feb-Mar 2014, and I've been trying to decide for the longest if I should give EA another shot. The recent lack of horror stories actually got me thinking that it isn't happening anymore.

Was hoping the post-SC yes voters were simply saying yes to getting the failed to save.

Hopefully the rate of this is down, at least.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Khodro wrote:

I got this, but only because I was using the same device to access my feeder town.

I would be mortified to discover my town had been tampered with and, apart from my one neighbor who (not even JUST for a level 42 player) has the most horrific town I have ever seen, common decency would prevent me from mucking about in anyone else's.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.